Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Self-isolation in Ottawa

Skaleek

Well, I'm stuck at home. I've taken it upon myself to teach my 5 month old how to play Warframe so he can grind scarlet spear for me. So far so good:

U14Usup.jpg

Trying not to go stir crazy.

What are you guys doing to pass the time in isolation?!

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

work outside in the vineyards.

noone can infect me, when noone is less than 100m away

The study found the virus could be detected airborne for up to three hours. On copper, the study found the virus could be detected for up to four hours, up to 24 hours on cardboard and two to three days on stainless steel and plastic.

Stay carefull tenno allright ^.^ 

Fishing, gardening, take the 4 wheelers out, Fly the drones , target shooting, lots of movies to catch up on, work out, go hunting, take the horses out. There is always something to do here. Recently got the family some compoundbows, may have to break those in. My way of life is self isolated already, living on 100 acres has its advantages. 

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Well, I'm stuck at home. I've taken it upon myself to teach my 5 month old how to play Warframe so he can grind scarlet spear for me. So far so good:

U14Usup.jpg

Trying not to go stir crazy.

What are you guys doing to pass the time in isolation

B.C.’r here. I’m cleaning, organizing, and finishing some projects I’ve neglected.

Kind of got the sniffles so I’m taking some sick days. Sure wish I could get tested, but I’m not sick enough.

Nice to hear about the emergency Employment insurance if things get really bad in Canada.

Well, we don’t have isolation yet but they closed my buildings for 2 months... And they won’t open back up until there is no limit on public gatherings. 

So, I’ve tackled spring cleaning and right now I’m finishing my kitchen. I think I’ll also finish replacing all my reciprocals I’ve left untouched for the last year. 

On top of that I’ll be home schooling my kids for the near future cause the Florida Governor closed schools till at least April 17th. 

I remember my pops always telling me to have at least 6 months worth of savings for times like this. I made sure it was 12 months. Technically I don’t work for the buildings I go to, I work for the IATSE, so as of now I get none of the benefits the building employees will get. Hopefully our government pulls their head out of their asses and takes care of contracted entertainment workers. 

We will see. 

At least I’ll have time to farm scarlet spear when that drops. 

Best of luck to you All. 

Not much has changed for me, though I have been taking extra precautions since the height of the outbreak in China. I'm happy to live off my bi-weekly delivery of groceries.

There are just over 200 cases in my neck of the woods, but having looked at the data, I'm fairly certain there is under-testing going on.

I'm in no panic, as the virus is actually quite mild. That said, it is still about more than 10 times as lethal as seasonal Influenza and the 2009 H1N1 virus, so it's still rather important to stop the virus from spreading. Just gonna hang tight and stick to my precautions.

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1