The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Operation Scarlet Spear: Bug Reporting Megathread (Read First Post!)

SilverBones

TYPE: In-game
DESCRIPTION: Fighting Condrix while playing Vauban on 5th first time, then 8th wave second run, suddenly I can't place any of my 'Minelayer' abilities. The energy is being consumed and the animations play, the effects are there, but nothing is actually being placed. I also could not put down the Oplink (get a 'must be placed in yellow area' error) even when standing in the yellow with other team members.
VISUAL: None
REPRODUCTION: No idea exactly what I did to trigger it. I did use health restores at certain points, perhaps that did it?
EXPECTED RESULT: Can't place any minelayer abilities or Oplink.
OBSERVED RESULT: As stated above.
REPRODUCTION RATE: Just started today, and happened two times in a row I went into ground mission for Spear.

NOT A BUG.

Discovered this in re-reading the wiki:

"The range shown in ability section is the explosion damage radius."

I incorrectly assumed the explosion damage radius matched Sleight of Hand, and that the range listed on the ability was the conversion range.

• TYPE: [In-Game]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Explosive Legerdemain range is half]
  • VISUAL: [None]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Add Explosive Legerdemain to a build.]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [should have 40m range at max rank]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [has 20m range at max rank]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [100%]

From Wiki: "Conversion range is same as SleightOfHand130xDark Sleight Of Hand trap radius  (40m at max ability rank) and centered on warframe position. Conversion range is aftected by Ability Range"
Edited by thurmack
Discovered this is not a bug.

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Entered the third Murex as Trinity - once inside, I could not perform any actions out side of regular WASD movement (no jumping) and pressing E with no melee action happen to switch to my Paracsis from Tigris Prime. Right-Click did the same going from sword to gun.  "/unstuck" did nothing - returning to the railjack via Omni-tool did not reset anything.  I had the boarders attack my warframe, could not revive myself.
  • REPRODUCTION: Not a clue to even what had caused it in the first place outside of loading into a Murex.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Normal game-play.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No inputs worked.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Just started today.  Second time.

4 hours ago, Cendadia said:
  • DESCRIPTION: Entered the third Murex as Trinity - once inside, I could not perform any actions out side of regular WASD movement (no jumping) and pressing E with no melee action happen to switch to my Paracsis from Tigris Prime. Right-Click did the same going from sword to gun.  "/unstuck" did nothing - returning to the railjack via Omni-tool did not reset anything.  I had the boarders attack my warframe, could not revive myself.
  • REPRODUCTION: Not a clue to even what had caused it in the first place outside of loading into a Murex.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Normal game-play.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No inputs worked.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Just started today.  Second time.

This happened to me as well yesterday. Only very randomly 1 time.
I always use Mesa and I can not recall what triggered it. I had Paracesis on me as well.

• DESCRIPTION: I was in a Murex flotilla that repelled all 100 Murexs and the mission mail afterwards said that the flotilla failed and no credits were rewarded. I know for sure that all 100 were done because I was on the space team that did the last one and it took us out of the mission.
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Inbox mail should report a successful wave and reward credits.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Inbox mail reported that the wave was failed and rewarded no credits.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: It only happened once, and I didn't find out until significantly later when the wave actually ended.

• DESCRIPTION: This happens whenever I play the Ground mission of Scarlet Spear. I'm not sure whether or not it happens in Space because I never play Space.
  • VISUAL
  • REPRODUCTION: As far as I can tell, the only important aspects here are that I play with Mesa Prime (could also happen with regular Mesa but I don't know) the Kuva Chakkhurr (could also happen with other weapons but again, I don't know) and Carrier Prime (that might not be important but I always have him with me so just in case I'm mentioning it)
    These three things are always present when the bug hits, because I never play Scarlet Spear without them. I have used other secondary and melee weapons though, so they must not have anything to do with it.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: I should have gone into Peacemaker immediately and started to shoot with my Regulators Prime.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: I observed a delay lasting for a varied amount of time. The screen color changes like normal, but I am able to move around and continue shooting with my Kuva Chakkhurr as if I had not casted the ability. Sometimes it only lasts long enough to get off a single shot. Sometimes I can empty an entire clip, even with extra magazine capacity. It is usually the former. Regardless, the general idea is that I am able to move and shoot for a period of time after casting Peacemaker, and at some seemingly random point, actually begin to use the ability.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Like I stated above, I have always played using Mesa Prime, the Kuva Chakkhurr, and Carrier Prime, so I don't know if it happens in other circumstances. Regardless of that, it seems to only happen every once in a while, not even half the time.

On 2020-04-14 at 11:41 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

Kill codes still being transmitted, but not received.  Seems worse after today's hotfix.

Similarly we were experiencing this yesterday. Sitting in a murex at 0/9 and waiting for kill codes while based on transmission chat others were getting multiple, thus passing us over.

We tried to abort the mission, reform and go in again, same host, same result, but then when we were about to give up and leave, the current host left first which migrated host over to me. At this point I had returned to the railjack to prepare to abort again (in the hopes we might keep loot, though since we hadn't finished at least one due to no codes it wasn't looking like it'd happen), but at this point we immediately started recieving codes, so I hurried back to help defend.

It seems that for some reason individual players lose the ability as host to facilitate code reception.

• TYPE: [In-Game, Scarlet spear condrix mission]
  • DESCRIPTION: [Being team leader / nr 1 in your squard you deal less damage to the condrix then your team mates. testet with mesa beeing leader and team mate, and limbo as leader and team mate]
  • VISUAL: [Dont have any]
  • REPRODUCTION: [Just be the team leader]
  • EXPECTED RESULT: [I expect to deal the same damage as my team mates, when we have the same loadout]
  • OBSERVED RESULT: [When you are team leader you give less damage to the condrix, testet with my friend and med same loadout on readeemer.]
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: [100% no matter who you play as, just be team leader or nr 1 in squard.]
  • Like 1

• Type: In game 
  • Description: I'm not getting my 10k bonus credits when the flotilla and i drive off 100 murex
  •  Visual https://imgur.com/PTApHdR https://imgur.com/P9LtdUV
  • Reproduction: Umbral Excalibur a opticor vandal a aksomati prime a paracesis and a death cube equipe with cryotra just play 3 or 4 rounds of scarlet spear space mission only after you get to 100 you wont get a email from little duck go complete mantle on earth check email no email from little duck log out then back in check email still no email from little duck quit log back in after about 5 hours you should have your email with no credits 
  • Expected results: I should be getting my 10k scarlet spear creadits from little duck helping drive of 100 murex 
  • Observed results: I am not getting my email after we drive of 100 merex the email seams to  take hours to arrive and nothing i do can cause it to appear when it does i don't get any bonus credits    
  • Reproduction rate: it has happened twice so far back to back causing me to lose 20k bonus credits in total 

hey I am on ps4 and so far I have encountered the u.i issues with rail jack after exiting the rj or any ship for the matter I will go to skip the cut seen and it will go black completely. I am also  vid user of the dual toxocyst and it seems that If I am not the host its headshot buff will now work. as well as in rail jack the new weapon basmu seems to halt its health siphon if you jump bullet jump or slide witch with other weapons don't stop its reload this weapons health siphon will not work. a warframe bug I have encountered is that with mesa randomally if you get hit anytime during her casting for regulators it animation locks her and you are unable to use ability's weapons or gear halting progress due to inability of placing oplink I hope to hear from someone soon about these issues. this is actually my first post and I plan to make more about bugs in the game to help you return this game back to a better playing experience. thanks for the great game

• TYPE:  Murex Raid
  • DESCRIPTION: Codes from Ground Missions transmitting, but not received by Space teams. Affects whole Relay, some players still get codes (maybe they recently joined or restarted mission). Codes loads instantly but needed 2-5 mins to get 1.
  • VISUAL:  https://imgur.com/a/Es5wCWg
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Getting codes.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not getting codes / Codes loads instantly but need 2-5 mins to get 1.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2 / 6 Relays where i connected had this bug, 1st Relay and one else (can't exactly remember number, maybe it was 17).
Edited by Muxailo
  • Like 1

• TYPE: in-Game, Mission Rewards (Experience), Overview / Score screen
  • DESCRIPTION: Simply just played the Scarlet Spear quest, in Space. The time has expired so we were cut off, but I do not think it is relevant... returned to the Flotilla.
    On theFflotilla, I have exchanged Warframes to a one that was Rank 0 / UNRUNKED, so I could level that next time I log on.
    Returned to the Orbiter... and than I received a partial reward screen from the Scarlet Spear mission, with that UNRANKED frame... that now were shown as Rank 30.
    ... a frame, that I have not played a minute yet. Also its weapons were shown Rank 12 (Brand new Titania Prime).
  • VISUAL: not needed
  • REPRODUCTION: See Description above, although I have not tried to reproduce this.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Obviously, bonus experience is nice, but I do not think that a frame should receive that bonus that has not played the actual mission. Fortunately it is just shown on the Mission Review screen, but still.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: UNRANKED Titania Prime just became Rank 30 on the mission screen result window, even if it was not true at all. Her weapons were shown as Rank 12.
    Going to the Arsenal it  is shown however that there were no changes made to my Titania Prime - still UNRANKED -, but the Mission Overview is still bugged... not only showing the warframe leveled up, but even its special weapons.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Sorry, have not tried yet, I can try it in the evening next when I get back... for now I have work to do. 🙂

• TYPE: In Game
  • DESCRIPTION: I was attempting to sell frame parts for credits right from the inventory menu, totaling ~30,000 CR, but as soon as I pressed sell, rather than add those credits to my balance, it subtracted the exact amount as if I had bought the pieces for that price instead. Upon further inspection I found that the credits were subtracted, but the pieces also gone from my inventory. I attempted to relaunch the game to see it the problem would solve itself, but to no avail. 
  • VISUAL: sadly I cannot provide one because it was between game launches.
  • REPRODUCTION: I haven't had it happen again as of yet, so I'm not sure.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The items should've been taken from my inventory, and the ~30,000 CR added to it.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The items were taken, and the CR was subtracted from my balance at the time. 
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Hasn't happened again since the first occurrence.

• TYPE: Codex
  • DESCRIPTION: Splintrix is not in the Codex
  • VISUAL: NA
  • REPRODUCTION: I scanned splintrix (some of them got stuck in sentient anomaly, make them easy to scan) at least 4-5 times and it's green under the scanner instead of red.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: splintrix shows up under Codex just like the ramsleds under grineer faction.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Splintrix is not in the Codex.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100%
Edited by RougeMagma
  • Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: Playing SS ground assault; I have a particularly laggy connection lately, supposedly because of the lockdown, AND an oldish PC so it is possible that these factors are the issue but still:
    I've managed to play and complete the mission, with minor lagging and no major gameplay issues several times. The two unique times I had this issue (until now) the condrix counter on the left (points, condrix completed, oplink, etc.) just stopped detecting and counting anything.
    After finishing, the mission report was empty as if I've left/aborted the mission.

Usually, with a poor internet connection,  I have a complete drop and abort the mission, or I manage to complete it with all the rewards.
    It's the first time I experience a successful mission but no compensation.
  • VISUAL: N/A
  • REPRODUCTION: Playing SS ground assault with a poor network connection, I suppose.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Gain XP and mission rewards
  • OBSERVED RESULT: No XP nor rewards
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Happened twice with particularly bad network connection in the last week.

• TYPE: Railjack Tycho Seeker
  • DESCRIPTION: Tycho Seeker targeting lockdown no longer works properly when you hover your crosshair over an enemy; the targeting locks only if you're hovering -directly- on the enemy with no grace; the targeting lock also drops faster than before
  • REPRODUCTION: Join a Railjack mission and try to lock a target for Tycho Seeker
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The on-enemy targeting should have a larger lockdown radius and targeting should not be lost so quickly.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Tracking is hard to lock on. The feature has broken over the last few patches.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% both server and client

• TYPE: Everest (Earth) Arbitration - Excavation Mission
  • DESCRIPTION: Arbitration drones dropped 0 Vitus Essence throughout a 20 excavator run (roughly 30 minutes)
  • REPRODUCTION: Join an Everest (Earth) Arbitration node.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: According to the public drop tables, arbitration drones have a 3% resource drop chance to spawn vitus essence on kill. Considering the amount of drones killed, the team should have seen at least 15 additional vitus essence as per our run.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Zero vitus essence dropped from arbitration drones. We were only awarded 1 vitus per every two excavators (20 excavators = 10 vitus essence) as the wave rewards intended.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 100% for our squad in our one run.

• Like 1

I have been encountering problems during Scarlet Spear. For example, when I enter the Murex or get teleported back to the Railjack, the game freezes my keyboard and doesn't allow me to chat, use abilities or use weapons. I can only move at 1 locked direction, and my warframe doesn't turn to the direction as well.
Is anyone having the same problem?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Muxailo said:
  • TYPE:  Murex Raid
  • DESCRIPTION: Codes from Ground Missions transmitting, but not received by Space teams. Affects whole Relay, some players still get codes (maybe they recently joined or restarted mission). Codes loads instantly but needed 2-5 mins to get 1.
  • VISUAL:  https://imgur.com/a/Es5wCWg
  • REPRODUCTION: Unknown.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Getting codes.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Not getting codes / Codes loads instantly but need 2-5 mins to get 1.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 2 / 6 Relays where i connected had this bug, 1st Relay and one else (can't exactly remember number, maybe it was 17).

Same, identical.
The first code is the fastest.

There is a new bug since the last few patches or so, Jump button on a xbox one gamepad does not register sometimes when I press it.  This is the first time this has happened to me and I have been playing Warframe for over a year now, I have not changed any settings, no nothing, everything is the same as it was.  I read old forums in 2013 and another ones somewhere in 2017 with people with jumping problems, can we get this fixed soon please DE?  It's a game killer as everytime it happens I end up turning my laptop off and cursing at it lol.

• TYPE: Space Starting Bug
  • DESCRIPTION: Sometimes when trying to initiate space, we get a message that the team must be present despite the team being there.
  • 630aca131a1bdccb0f1ee59380c3177b.png
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea what triggers is
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Start Mission
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Can't start the mission
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Maybe 1/10 missions
Edited by FaithRose

• TYPE: Taking a Nap
  • DESCRIPTION: Sometimes characters show as laying down on the floor. While graphically highlarious, it seems to coincide with the user not being able to use their skills or access the UI correctly. (Took out players name for privacy :))
  • a7f7c4d8962cda11a119993de3ef0623.png
  • REPRODUCTION: No idea what causes it but it seems to happen during "transitions" (either after entering the murex or entering or leaving the ship).
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Being able to access all skills/seeing characters in motion
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Characters taking a nap on the job :P
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Seems to happen often; maybe 2/6 missions

• TYPE: Scarlet Spear, Railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: Unable to repair ship beacuse Splinthryx was on it
  • VISUAL20200419110531-1-01.jpg
  • REPRODUCTION: by chance / bad luck to have the splinter and repair site in one spot
  • EXPECTED RESULT: should have been able to repair it even though something is blocking the site
  • OBSERVED RESULT: can not repair, and implosion was imminent
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: ?
Edited by Ariasthelan