The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rewards are still bugged.

Fellas92

Alright, so... like the title says, the scarlet spear is poorly explained, like the explanation is almost non existent.

Here's the deal with the event: 

Once you get a dedicated rank (emblem) for collecting 1000/3000/5000 points, you will ALWAYS get a bonus afterwards. Example:
I did farmed for the 5000 credit mark, after the mission reached 100/100 and was finished, I got the bonus 10000. After this I did another run, got around ~4000 credits, but when the mission was over (100/100) I got the maximum bonus for it, the 10000, instead of the 5000.

Just got 2000 credits, so this doesn't apply anymore. Also...

We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

• As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

Edited by Fellas92
  • Like 3

No, the reward is just bugged and you got lucky.

I got no bonus at all 2 times for reaching >1000 points (just the badge in the mail) before I knew how this exactly worked, after that I got a bonus of 2000 for reaching ~3400 points (and a rank 2 badge) in the mail.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

No, the reward is just bugged and you got lucky.

I got no bonus at all 2 times for reaching >1000 points (just the badge in the mail) before I knew how this exactly worked, after that I got a bonus of 2000 for reaching ~3400 points (and a rank 2 badge) in the mail.

Ooof... now the question is which one of us got the bugged out reward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fellas92 said:

Alright, so... like the title says, the scarlet spear is poorly explained, like the explanation is almost non existent.

It's not "almost" non-existent. There IS no explanation given for Scarlet Spear, not an official one anyway. I've seen fan explanation in a few places, but they often contradict each other. I get the impression that, between bugs and needlessly complex design, nobody actually knows how this event works and all we have are best guesses. So far, Scarlet Spear has been an absolute farce for reasons completely separate of its actual underlying content. DE have focused so much on "sustainable rewards" that they managed to ruin what could have been a fun mission type with shoddy progression.

• Like 1

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Steel_Rook:

Hmm... OK, I stand corrected. There is an explanation of a sort, just not a very good one. Fair point.

They do this for years, they are basically Bethesda, let the community do the work with wiki (mods in Bethesdas case) and call it a day, not everyone will read the Forum on each hotfix or patch, we want actual ingame gameplay and explanations, not some vague hints, DE could just slap a shield onto the relay saying to read the forum and wiki, sure this helps this events lore and immersion.

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 3

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Marine027:

They do this for years, they are basically Bethesda, let the community do the work with wiki (mods in Bethesdas case) and call it a day, not everyone will read the Forum on eahc hotfix or patch, we want actual ingame gamepaly and explanations, not some vague hinds, DE could just slap a sheild onto the relay saying to read the forum and wiki, sure this helps this events lore and immersion.

This is so true, i wish i can give you more than one up.

Without a pc near my 'Playstation, 

without pc near the playstation, with wiki, youtube, warframe help vids.
I would have given up Warframe again. Many new players are desperate.
especially when I give advice to ask youtube, wiki, official warframe forum.
new players just stop playing Warframe. say I want to play in warframe and not study.
I have already bought Prime Access packages! the package for $ 70. for new warframe players
Even that doesn't keep most new players in the game

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's also not an in-game explanation.  You know, in the game where people are trying to actually play the thing that needs explaining.

This I do agree with. When I first logged in, I went to speak with Little Duck and she explained the basic concept of the event to me, but never mentioned anything about a "flotilla." She didn't tell me why I couldn't invite my friends, whether or not I would lose my rewards if I log out or zone out, what ranks are or where I could see them, etc.

And incidentally, even after I knew the rank "thing," I still can't for the life of me figure out what my rank or my score is. I went to a console which showed a top contributors with 2000 of "something" and showed me at the bottom with 420 of that same thing. I've no idea what this was counting because I'd already run a mission which went up to 17 Condrix and gave me over 1000 Scarlet Credits, eventually awarding me the +2000 credits reward for Rank 1, which would put my score between 1000 and 2000. So what are the ratings actually showing?

Furthermore, the Announcement say that I'll be rewarded once I reach the required number of Condrix... OK, what's the required number, then? Because near as I can tell, my ranks aren't measured in number of objectives but in score accumulated.

• Like 1

We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

• As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

Rip.

3 hours ago, zakaryx said:

Don't forget that if you leave the relay you basically have no chance of getting back in. Your reward is locked to whichever relay you start to play on.

yeah, for example when a hotfix coming inbound with the status of the enemy fleet at 91/100 and you have to leave the relay because being forced to restart the game...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fellas92 said:

I think the purpose of this change is to incentivize people to stick around in one flotilla and consistently focus on driving away all 100 for THAT flotilla, without necessarily punishing people who don't.

The problem is they've made it difficult for people to do that. When the flotilla limit is reached, how am I supposed to build a damn squad?!

Yeah its not explained at all but still you basically have to race other players before all 100 murex are taken down.Also basically waiting for your reward and earning a pittance by actually playing the event is not fun.The whole thing is annoying and unrewarding

Il y a 9 heures, Fellas92 a dit :

100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

this is f****** stupid.

it is just a question of luck : does enough player will choose my instance ?

but if too mush player choose my instance, i can not farm as mush as i want.

On 2020-03-26 at 6:36 AM, GKP_light said:

this is f****** stupid.

it is just a question of luck : does enough player will choose my instance ?

but if too mush player choose my instance, i can not farm as mush as i want.

i agree for the very least they could have made some small compensation if people joined near dead relay channels 

• Like 1