The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grind and resources

pagerager153

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Helen @[DE]Megan 

We do not mind the grind. NO WE DON'T. 😃 As long as we can use the excessive resources in our inventory to something useful. 

Example: 

We all know that Mutagen Sample, Detonite Ampule and Fieldron Sample drops for each faction. Why not make use of excessive stuff to convert to other stuff. I got 15,000 Detonite Ampule and only 250 Mutagen Sample. Now I need 5000 Mutagen Sample for Hema research for my clan. If only we can convert those that would be very useful if only you guys would implement a conversion resource tab/place. Not only for those things but for other stuff too (Nano Spores/Plastids/Rubedo etc. etc. etc.). I don't know, maybe 100,000 nano spores for a Forma? You guys decide but you should really IMPLEMENT a conversion resource thing. Because we have excessive stuff that even if we craft everything in game, we would still have alot left of it.

7 minutes ago, pagerager153 said:

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Helen @[DE]Megan 

We do not mind the grind. NO WE DON'T. 😃 As long as we can use the excessive resources in our inventory to something useful. 

Example: 

We all know that Mutagen Sample, Detonite Ampule and Fieldron Sample drops for each faction. Why not make use of excessive stuff to convert to other stuff. I got 15,000 Detonite Ampule and only 250 Mutagen Sample. Now I need 5000 Mutagen Sample for Hema research for my clan. If only we can convert those that would be very useful if only you guys would implement a conversion resource tab/place. Not only for those things but for other stuff too (Nano Spores/Plastids/Rubedo etc. etc. etc.). I don't know, maybe 100,000 nano spores for a Forma? You guys decide but you should really IMPLEMENT a conversion resource thing. Because we have excessive stuff that even if we craft everything in game, we would still have alot left of it.

yes your right they could implement that
or u could buy boosters take ur clan mates to odd and farm it like everyone else (or was it just example?)

dont be stupid if they ever implement conversion it for starters be not worth it since it will be unfair and on top of that either amount of resources for everything will become larger or drop rate of them will be lower

or did u ever seen any patch that lets us grind less for resources and not other way around?

We do not mind the grind. NO WE DON'T. 😃

YOU don't mind the grind, do not speak for every one else. There are some aspects of this game where grinding becomes extremely repetitive, dull and boring. I agree they shouldn't reduce the amount of grind too much but they should at least make the grind more endearing and engaging so you'd happily reconsider coming back.

• Like 2

Some of don't mind... some of us do.
How do you make that perfect for everyone? You don't.
Do they pick a side and throw out Thousands of players to streamline or homogenize the experience? No.. that'd be a disaster to their bottom line.

End result? What we have. ...Lots of available mechanics to help trivialize the grind to some extent, without making it so people just sign on, devour new content in minutes like a whole bag of chips at once... get a stomach ache and quit till the next update. The absolute best compromise they've been able to strike is about 3 days of grind for the players who sincerely hate all grind, while giving them just enough cheese to not make everyone else feel insulted with the lack of gameplay. ..Some folks just do Not want gameplay.. they want piles of loot making them feel special, and they sign on and pay lot of money for that fixation.. so DE let's em, and caters as much as they can while trying to barely salvage their integrity in order to do so. ...or at least, that's the impression I have from my years here.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Magicfingers said:

hear, hear...well said. people who think they speak for everyone just gripes my grits.

And then there are the Hema threads where we regularly ask people who grinded for the research if they would be really upset if the costs were drastically lowered, so far 9/10 people say they don't mind but Steve speaks for 10/10 apparently.