Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there an MR3 in a Scarlet Spear Murax RJ mission?

(XBOX)MdmMedeux

I hosted a murax mission on my RJ, an MR3 joined the squad.  An MR3 with all MK1 weapons, no arch wing gear, no ability to defeat the higher ranking enemies that board the RJ, no ability to help outside the ship as away crew and they were absolutely lost as to what the mission goal was.  The whole thing was a frustrating experience for everyone involved.  I realise that events that aren't accessible to new players is frustrating for them but there must be a better way than this.   It wasn't fun for any of us and I don't blame the MR3...how is a new player like that supposed to understand that without arch wing gear you can't leave the RJ, or that the enemies scale the more ships you take on until the level is so high that they literally can do nothing but die repeatedly. 

• Like 4

I think this event should have a higher mastery requirement or atleast a requirement of finishing lore quests (the second dream, the war within, the sacrifice, chimera) the sacrifice and chimera being the most important because it gives people anti sentient mods and anti sentient weaponry. An usual newbie doesnt have enough firepower and strength to efficiently kill one lvl 30 batalyst, and there are hordes of them over 100lvl !

From the perspective of mr3, he doesnt know what is happening, why its happening, what are sentients, who is erra, why sentients adapt to damage, they dont know how to counter this and it results in a bad gameplay experience for them and the team (even though 3 people could easily finish the entire 5 murex wave, but thats another topic)

Edited by Savire510
  • Like 3

because there's no MR requirement, and if they see an event is up, they'll try it, despite being woefully unprepared. I could understand Ground missions, but I'm surprised it let them into a Murex Raid without an Archwing. I assumed the same restrictions of normal Railjack applied, but it seems that is not case.

once again, another sign that DE seriously need to look at the new player experience and provide actual; tutorials instead of expecting them to read walls of text or look up everything on the Wiki.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

People are just getting major spoilers

even without Scarlet Spear, they get a spoiler when they reach Jupiter; they still have to fight the Amalgams & Ropalolyst to unlock all of Jupiter. they will literally go from regular Lotus to Natah in her true form, with no context.

again, they really need to take a look at how new players experience the game.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

I think this event should have a higher mastery requirement or atleast a requirement of finishing lore quests (the second dream, the war within, the sacrifice, chimera) the sacrifice and chimera being the most important because it gives people anti sentient mods and anti sentient weaponry. An usual newbie doesnt have enough firepower and strength to efficiently kill one lvl 30 batalyst, and there are hordes of them over 100lvl !

tbf this won't work too(it would be a little better I agree), but I've carried many mr18-20 in this event that did nothing, while trying.

The only way to make a viable requirement is to have a test before you can even participate in the event against lv180 sentients, like an mr test. If you pass you can participate.
You understand tho if that happens many people won't even be able to join.

Or you know, they could had made different tiers. But we talk about DE,

Lets push this Railjack into everyones face despite only usign it as Taxi here but we had sometihng big to show still even that it not makes any sense for anyone, the Lore on top is all over the place rhis way again, you can't keep bring Lore as event due playes might not even know of the events before all on the starchart.

I like DE and try to give them chances but it shows again they have no idea about game design, they have new ideas and i welcome it but how it gets implented is so bad often.

Consider how often the starchart itself got reworked already and how maps and nodes got changed to fit the reconned lore. And this repeats over an over lately.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

even without Scarlet Spear, they get a spoiler when they reach Jupiter; they still have to fight the Amalgams & Ropalolyst to unlock all of Jupiter. they will literally go from regular Lotus to Natah in her true form, with no context.

you need chimera quest to unlock ropalolyst fight

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

The only way to make a viable requirement is to have a test before you can even participate in the event against lv180 sentients, like an mr test. If you pass you can participate.
You understand tho if that happens many people won't even be able to join.

I mean to get the rewards you dont nessesarly need to go full 17 condirx and full 5 murexes, some weaker players can leave before sh.t gets real and still get most of the rewards using 2x bonus mechanic.

Edited by Savire510

14 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

From the perspective of mr3, he doesnt know what is happening, why its happening, what are sentients, who is erra, why sentients adapt to damage, they dont know how to counter this and it results in a bad gameplay experience for them and the team (even though 3 people could easily finish the entire 5 murex wave, but thats another topic)

No event in warframe has mr rew iirc to this day,even low mrs can join.

Edited by (PS4)grayhyh

1 minute ago, Savire510 said:

I mean to get the rewards you dont nessesarly need to go full 17 condirx and full 5 murexes, some weaker players can leave before sh.t gets real and still get most of the rewards using 2x bonus mechanic.

ok let it be lv40-50 sentients - still I assure you a lot of people won't be able to do this 😄

3 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

but we had sometihng big to show still even that it not makes any sense for anyone, the Lore on top is all over the place rhis way again, you can't keep bring Lore as event due playes might not even know of the events before all on the starchart.

whats the alternative? NOT doing lore related events because some newbie might get spoiled? We need more of that but they should hide it better before players that shouldnt be there in the first place.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Savire510:

whats the alternative? NOT doing lore related events because some newbie might get spoiled? We need more of that but they should hide it better before players that shouldnt be there in the first place.

Not make it lore related in the first place? Like Ghouls? They are a big thing that exist lore wise but not effect much else excpet kidna introducing them where they come from, while something like Sentients that are THE enemy mostly should nto be treathed in such way and not put cutscenses in a timelimited and time gated event that people can miss out. I remind people they dropped full on quests for such.

Events are EVENTS not something that shoudl effect the game to much, this is the worst games can do in my eyes simply since if something happeend and is gone you never can experience it again yourself, especially if context gets lost due such.

Make it lower tier for lower and newer players and unlock the lore aspect like cutscense for them later so they understand, i mean it is hard of coruse and i see it as playing quests out of order in an MMO, but here it is bad design sadly.

Low tier as example again, let them do minor things like fighting grineer in some other thigns while sentients they are rarer and unknown for those people then. This event not counts all those in simply.

I not say they should not have any to participate in, i simply ask for alternatives and better game design.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Nope, ropalolyst is locked behind Chimera prologue, which is weird that the event isn't

5 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

no there are no requirements except "be mr3"

If that's the case then it's a glaring oversight in their gating requirements. 

I mean I get only having the MR3 requirement on Railjack proper because there are other things to do in normal Railjack where staying on the Railjack (maintaiining fires/breaches/manning the guns/etc) is a reasonable action. But most of the Murex is being able to drop your beacon, that is pretty much the minimum criteria. If you can not get out of your railjack, you can not drop your beacon and if you do not have an Archwing you can not get out of your Railjack. I mean I suppose there is the outlying case of an MR3 with R10 Logistical Intrinsics who can teleport to the team.... but that seems highly unlikely. 

So they really should have taken a page from the Sorties and checked equipment/applicable intrinsic levels. 

You would think at least 'have an archwing' would be a requirement for this event. Even if someone is mr20, he still can't play like half or more of the space mission if he doesn't have an archwing

edit: maybe he's supposed to space walk

Edited by (NSW)Reason

Putting main story lore in events has its issues. Let me give an example: I started playing after Chains of Harrow was released but before plains of eidolon came out. When playing through the quests and the star chart i first encountered Alad V on Jupiter before his infestation, then in second dream after he has already been cured and promised a favor for helping us against Hunhow and lastly i encountered him in his patient zero quest on eris where he suddenly was infested again. Since shadow debt was before my time, to me he never called in his favor. Now with amalgams and the jupiter rework his time line is even more messed up. Putting main story in events breaks it for everyone who hasnt started the game yet.

• Like 1