Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do players reported actually do get banned or are the reports are never been paid attention

(PSN)RyuJinX0969

Question

I have report 4 people due to harassment and i still find them online til this day their harassment tho can also be classified as real life threat as 1 of them actually messaged me in psn to just harrass me 

So are the reported players never punished cause if they arent then this game is filled with toxic players right now

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Maybe it wasn't harassment (there are players that don't know what it means), maybe support needs more reports before sending a warn or the players received a warning and don't really care about receiving more (this is very rare)

Reporting them for harassment doesn't mean they get banned for it outright, you are also able to afk matches until your 1st warn, you don't get banned until 2035 just because of a single afk match and subsequent report.

Some reports do grant permanent bans, like selling the account, you know this because the profile of said player ceases to exist, it's easy to associate a support reply with an actual action ingame, for harassment however, you just don't know.
I also have no idea how moderation is on the console side of things, here on pc things are strict.

• Like 2

il y a 29 minutes, Leyvonne a dit :

Yes, if their actions are found to be against the rules. However if they contact you outside of the game DE can't really do anything about it because it is not their platform it is happening on.

And to take a more drastic example, you won't care about having them banned on your game if they came to your house. You'd rather call the appropriate authority, like the police.

Play without talking to most of these players. You can go solo if you're tired of it, play with friends or just assume that's the kind of players you'll get. Some players are extremely susceptible and won't take any criticism. If you see a player being annoying either through text or his playstyle, ignore it.

You can still react to what they're doing if they're specifically talking to you, but you're far better off not judging them openly. Also whatever happens, in a conflict, be the bigger man and stay calm. More often than not, these susceptible players won't bother you that way. And most players are fine, only a handful are annoying while playing this game. Knowing where they are is plenty useful.

The spot I often meet such people is at night cetus, public indexes (after meeting really annoying players 5 times I now solo all my indexes for the big bucks with specters in my team).
These players are often try harders going for the best strategy available for the place and time. If you meet a high level player playing one of the most popular warframe, I suggest you watch how you speak around them. More often than I wanted, they turned out how to be too highly entitled for my own taste.

Obviously that doesn't mean it's the case for all players playing popular frames but, do be more careful around these specific ones. In indexes they were mostly Rhino Prime, thinking you cannot possibly do indexes without Rhino Prime, they'll judge you for not having their loadout. In night cetus, they were mostly Volt Prime players, they want the fastest squad possible to run 3 times tridolons in a night even though they still join Public. They will later leave the squad disbanding it altogether, making everyone waste time or they'll be complaining during your whole run.

Every other public missions I got in were pretty much fine, so really once you know the spots, you're good.

Edited by STUVash

45 minutes ago, (PS4)pascokidz said:

as 1 of them actually messaged me in psn to just harrass me

DE cant do anything about harassement outside Warframe, if you feel threatened contact your local police authority.

Also, don't forget about the best chat option in the game - Ignore

Eventually they do. I knew a player who couldn't live without talking trash in WF region/relay chat, people constantly reported him, after several warnings and temporary chat suspensions he eventually got his whole account perma-banned, after that he left the game forever.

Edited by Xaero
  • Like 1

Ok i understand what ut all say but what im comming from is that too much toxicity is in the game right now with jerks and aholes everywhere even if its just the first report their account should still be temporarily suspended just a thought but I'd rather not have more people get harrassed just cause an ahole is in the game

Same has happened to me before, although rarely. I even clashed 3 times with a very specific player and his boot-licking buddies 3 times across several months, because he was a truly toxic PoS and thought to myself "Eh, no need to ignore. What are the chances I'll end up in his squad again?"

Lesson I learned for all toxicity, from missions to trade or what not? Ignore in-game, also block on PSN. Report appropriately on either platform (WF or PSN) if it comes to that, which I've done if the player does harass. Keep screenshots as proof. Done, never been happier playing the game I love.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Same has happened to me before, although rarely. I even clashed 3 times with a very specific player and his boot-licking buddies 3 times across several months, because he was a truly toxic PoS and thought to myself "Eh, no need to ignore. What are the chances I'll end up in his squad again?"

Lesson I learned for all toxicity, from missions, trade or what not? Ignore in-game, block on PSN. Report appropriately on either platform (WF or PSN) if it comes to that, which I've done if the player does harass. Done, never been happier playing the game I love.

Yes i do the same but i have some clanmates that are new and has been harasssed so im kinda just concerned for others cause if this aholes dont get any punishment then they will only continue

How exactly did you report them?  There is that in-game report option when you click on somebody's name, that is just a placeholder and doesn't do anything.

For proper reporting, you have to take screenshots and submit that with detailed explanation to https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/ -> "submit a request" in the top-right corner. You can attach your screenshots and write a summary in the report player section.

7 minutes ago, MystMan said:

How exactly did you report them?  There is that in-game report option when you click on somebody's name, that is just a placeholder and doesn't do anything.

For proper reporting, you have to take screenshots and submit that with detailed explanation to https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/ -> "submit a request" in the top-right corner. You can attach your screenshots and write a summary in the report player section.

I didnt know this but i dont have the screenshot since i didnt know that site

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

This is false.

When a report is made against another player it is logged in our system. On the second part, you are correct. If you are getting harassed and you have evidence of such harassment, please make a ticket with support. You can do that by going to http://support.warframe.com and it will be reviewed.

We take all cases of harassment very seriously, and there is no room for real-life threats in the community. I should add the usual disclaimer, that use of the report function to make false accusations against another player is in itself a form of harassment and may result in action taken on your account. This is not a statement directly aimed at the OP, but it should be remembered by anyone reading this thinking that reporting someone for harassment is an immediate way to get someone banned.

All cases are reviewed, and if action is required, then it is taken. Please also remember that support will not discuss action on another players account with you.

I hope this clears up some uncertainties.

• Like 21