Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave creds now useless

Waterzzz

8 hours ago, Firetempest said:

EA/Activision/Blizzard/Bethesda sells $50+ base game. Adds fomo F2P stuff on top.

DE... is F2P... wants you to constantly log-on because its F2P.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

And everything eventually repeats in warframe. So, really. While its still fomo and naive to think a f2p wont use a single manipulative tactic. Its asking for your time and participation. Its not a buy in system, nor is it asking for express packs for $$ to make sure you acquire the limited timed goods which all those other battle-passes want. And they have made it easier and easier to achieve goals every reiteration of the nightwave.

Does it still suck with extended downtime and no track record of predictable timing? So far.

The irony is that this is the exact type of justification i am talking about.

"Its f2p, it only asks for your time"

These things add up. A game that expects you to eventually pay is not truely free.

I will admit that DE does some things better than others but fact is warframe still bears the stain of F2P decision making affecting every aspect of the game negatively. The focus on cosmetics and easy content as well as the rushed nature of any gameplay.

Fact is they could simply make nightwave credits universal to all differant nightwave, which would realistically have no noticeable negative effects of their precious ingame store. But instead they make the conscious choice to punish some players all in the name of getting a bit more money from them. They made a problem to sell the solution. Why not leave in alerts? Why limit to nightwave? Why limit nightwave itself in so many ways?

By all means tho be a content sheep and let all these little things continue to add up. Its how we got here in the first place.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

By all means tho be a content sheep and let all these little things continue to add up. Its how we got here in the first place.

Yeah, a fun game that's lasted 7 years so far, those things add up to great things...so, I'll keep being a 'sheep' in your myopic view of the world, and you can keep on trying to make people think something as trivial as some points earned in an online game expiring is worth such vitriol, and the world will keep on turning.

If F2P is so terrible to you, you have choices on how to spend your time and energy, you know that right? This is not a hostage situation.

If you think the 'stain' of a F2P game is so terrible anyway, why play them? Sounds like a big pile of hypocrisy to me.

If you are one of the ex-players that are just here to try and convince the players WF is bad, F2P is a 'stain', etc., have fun tilting your windmill, I guess, when you become king of the world and change the entire gaming industry, I'll have a toast...until then, I'll keep on enjoying my 'sheep' content.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jemmies said:
1 hour ago, FadeToNull said:

I think you may have slightly missed my point.

Because based on your post, the justification for not looking there is because there's nothing there and it is "safe to ignore"

You almost have it!

Just change "based on your post" to "based on my inability to understand your post even though it couldn't possibly be more clear" and you'll be there.

You're this close.

55 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

See the misunderstanding?

Yes.

By changing the subject, ignoring the context, and attributing an opinion to me that I don't hold you have acheived total misunderstanding.

Nice work!

1 hour ago, Jemmies said:

you may wanna reconsider your analogy

You mean the one involving a platypus? Thanks for the suggestion, but it's a platypus joke. Pretty sure we're into diminishing returns here.

9 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Yeah, a fun game that's lasted 7 years so far, those things add up to great things...so, I'll keep being a 'sheep' in your myopic view of the world, and you can keep on trying to make people think something as trivial as some points earned in an online game expiring is worth such vitriol, and the world will keep on turning.

If F2P is so terrible to you, you have choices on how to spend your time and energy, you know that right? This is not a hostage situation.

If you think the 'stain' of a F2P game is so terrible anyway, why play them? Sounds like a big pile of hypocrisy to me.

If you are one of the ex-players that are just here to try and convince the players WF is bad, F2P is a 'stain', etc., have fun tilting your windmill, I guess, when you become king of the world and change the entire gaming industry, I'll have a toast...until then, I'll keep on enjoying my 'sheep' content.

🐑

Across those seven years the game has progressively gained more and more, as has the industry. Only once over that time has DE rolled back one of their little schemes. You want to talk hypocrisy, ignoring something you know has a problem sounds like it to me.

I do play this game, for nearly 12 hours a day atm. I enjoy this game and refuse to be silent on its issues and bad pratices. I am this way with every game i play and have had to be more vocal in the past 10 years because of people who just lay back and take it.

The games industry as a whole is rotten to the core. Its my hobby and i hate the state it has gotten too.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

The games industry as a whole is rotten to the core. Its my hobby and i hate the state it has gotten too.

That is simply, IMO, very myopic and negative view, painting thousands if not millions of people in a single stroke.

I do not understand why people hate giving game makers money to pay the bills.

If you think a game is not worht it, just don't spend money.

And, totally serious here, if you really think you can do better, then go do it.

This constant refrain about game makers being evil has been tired since I heard it on the old BBS I ran back in the '90s...gamers think they know it all and have all the answers when IME all they have is rage and anger at the world...if you think you can do better, then go do better, I'll buy your game if it's worth it, to me.

Another lifelong gamer who sees a vibrant, fun filled world of games and gamers, not the evil empires and sheep you imply.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

That is simply, IMO, very myopic and negative view, painting thousands if not millions of people in a single stroke.

I do not understand why people hate giving game makers money to pay the bills.

If you think a game is not worht it, just don't spend money.

And, totally serious here, if you really think you can do better, then go do it.

This constant refrain about game makers being evil has been tired since I heard it on the old BBS I ran back in the '90s...gamers think they know it all and have all the answers when IME all they have is rage and anger at the world...if you think you can do better, then go do better, I'll buy your game if it's worth it, to me.

Another lifelong gamer who sees a vibrant, fun filled world of games and gamers, not the evil empires and sheep you imply.

Ahh yes, the "if you don't like it do it yourself" arguement.

I do, when i can mod a game. Again tho to use your earlier choice of words, this is hypocritical. Literally amounting to telling someone to "shut up and be happy with what you are given".

Well if i am given garbage i will call it garbage.

I will be and always will be outspoken against anti consumer pratices.

But hey, if you dont think warframe is worth fighting for then thats you.

You do you.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose

On 2020-05-06 at 2:48 PM, JackHargreav said:

Isn't there some warning in the credit's description about either spend it or keep it?

Spend it or lose it, yes...
Problem with Nightwave is that they never give us the end date ingame.

Its true that we were warned, but there's no denying the thing isn't very evident in-game. Also there's basically no reason to make credits expire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

Ahh yes, the "if you don't like it do it yourself" arguement.

I do, when i can mod a game. Again tho to use your earlier choice of words, this is hypocritical. Literally amounting to telling someone to "shut up and be happy with what you are given".

Well if i am given garbage i will call it garbage.

I will be and always will be outspoken against anti consumer pratices.

But hey, if you dont think warframe is worth fighting for then thats you.

You do you.

Saying a specific game or aspect of the game is good or bad, fun or not fun, etc. is feedback.

Implying that the entire industry is broken and 'bad/evil', implying that all the people that play the games are 'sheep', is implying that you can do it better, that you have some magical knowlege that can fix the entire industry - if you can make it better, by making games or just changing the industry, then go do it.

That is what I am saying.

I am not asking you to not give feedback, I am not asking you stop playing games, I am not even asking you to stop caling poeple 'sheep', I am saying that if you have the deep seated desire to tear down the entire industry and you think you can do better, then go do it, because otherwise, you are just part of the cancel culture that brings nothing of value to the table.

Hire a lawyer, start a movement, buy off a politician, whatever floats your boat, but if you really want to be outspoken about the gaming industry practices, then go do it - making myopic and rage filled tirades about the evil game comapnies on a General Forum does nothing and your energy is wasted on nothing, just like what you imply about the gamer 'sheep'.

With no plan of action, your ideas are just dreams, you tirades are just tilting windmills.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ReaverKane said:

Spend it or lose it, yes...
Problem with Nightwave is that they never give us the end date ingame.

Its true that we were warned, but there's no denying the thing isn't very evident in-game. Also there's basically no reason to make credits expire.

This sums it up pretty nicely. I wanna go on record with saying that DE will eventually make creds universal, as it will be very silly when we are on the 10th or so iteration of intermission credit 🤣.

Will probably not retroactively make old creds useful but i suppose it could happen. I dont see it happening any time soon tho.

Btw Zimzala we are literally just repeating the same thing at this point, so obviously this conversation between us is going nowhere. Why dont YOU make a better game yourself? The answer is probably the same as mine.

Edited by (PS4)ForNoPurpose
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

... DE will eventually make creds universal, as it will be very silly when we are on the 10th or so iteration of intermission credit 🤣.

I doubt it. I think the purpose of it is so that we do not hoard credits and then buy every reward that is available in the next Nightwave iteration, immediately, without playing.  The rewards are there to increase player density inside the new content.

• Like 2

On 2020-05-06 at 2:25 PM, Yagamilight123 said:

So what do you suggest ? that NM send a person to your house to warn you ? ... maybe they whink you know how to read . The forum , the game , the streams .... all had warnings .... if you leave in a bubble its not NMs fault .

A warning through the inbox wouldn't be bad. Apparently that inbox is good for everything (including Ghoul spam) except to send important information to players.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

A warning through the inbox wouldn't be bad. Apparently that inbox is good for everything (including Ghoul spam) except to send important information to players.

The inbox, in my opinion, is for in-game characters to send messages to the player. Not an external entity like DE sending messages to the player. Hence, you see Teshin rewarding you with something and some quote about how you can learn through watching.

Why isn't Teshin telling us when Nightwave is ending? Probably because Teshin doesn't tune in to the rogue radio station that is ran by Nora Night.

Why isn't Nora Night telling us when she is gonna stop broadcasting her rogue radio station? Because Nora Night is a rogue. She broadcasts but cannot be traced. Hence she doesn't send messages to anyone through Inbox because there is always a Sender and a Recipient. Like the movie, V for Vendetta, where V broadcasts his message over the public network, but is unable to be traced (if I recall that part of the movie correctly).

That's how I imagine Nora Night to be anyway. And that's also how I tell myself why there's no other messages telling me that Nightwave is about to end except through the News console. I had a few hundred Nightwave credits leftover from the first intermission as well. Just change it into regular credits. DE gave us a way out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

Why isn't Nora Night telling us when she is gonna stop broadcasting her rogue radio station? Because Nora Night is a rogue. She broadcasts but cannot be traced. Hence she doesn't send messages to anyone through Inbox because there is always a Sender and a Recipient.

So you're telling me I can finally track down Stalker for good?

Cool, I'll get right on that...

32 minutes ago, Wearbe said:

I doubt it. I think the purpose of it is so that we do not hoard credits and then buy every reward that is available in the next Nightwave iteration, immediately, without playing.  The rewards are there to increase player density inside the new content.

No, the "unique" rewards for clearing the ranks are to incentivize playing, credits are for the old alert stuff, nitain, spuds, alt helmets,etc. With the exception of some decorative bauble these are pretty much the same every iteration...

I don't get it.

If you had a bunch of credits stored up it means that you didn't want to buy anything on the store, so why cry about losing something you didn't want?  If you didn't have alot of credits stored up, then why fuss?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jemmies said:

The inbox, in my opinion, is for in-game characters to send messages to the player. Not an external entity like DE sending messages to the player. Hence, you see Teshin rewarding you with something and some quote about how you can learn through watching.

There's this character in charge of Nightwave. Her name is Nora Night. Many find her voice annoying. Hence why when Stalker mentions a boss it's not a message by DE saying "Uh-oh, Tenno! The stalker is mad at you", but Stalker (the character) himself.

3 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

Why isn't Teshin telling us when Nightwave is ending? Probably because Teshin doesn't tune in to the rogue radio station that is ran by Nora Night.

Probably because that radio station is nothing of Teshin's business, but of Nora's. Teshin doesn't announce Baro's arrival either, because that's a Baro matter and Teshin is honorable enough to not be nosy about other people's affairs.

6 minutes ago, Jemmies said:

Why isn't Nora Night telling us when she is gonna stop broadcasting her rogue radio station? Because Nora Night is a rogue. She broadcasts but cannot be traced. Hence she doesn't send messages to anyone through Inbox because there is always a Sender and a Recipient. Like the movie, V for Vendetta, where V broadcasts his message over the public network, but is unable to be traced (if I recall that part of the movie correctly).

She has a radio station. It isn't only meant for the Tenno to listen to. Perhaps when our seasons end she switches to more casual content. Who knows? Plus, Stalker has our contact. I'm pretty sure Nora could contact us as well. Perhaps even come by for a cup of tea.

And so far we haven't traced stalker. I doubt V is a solid basis for a game that takes place in the far, far future. A future so far away no one remembers humans, and even the Orokin (the ultimate evolution of humans) lived and died ages ago. In any case, if "tracing" was an issue, we already receive a signal from her. We could already trace said sender regardless of whether its possible or not by the WF universe lore.

All I'm saying is that this is a FTP game. At the end of the day reality always trumps lore. There's why there's so many plot holes in the game. Why you can endlessly kill bosses, specially the likes of Alad V. We even get messages from Samodeus about Rivens, such magical and unreal mods they are.

DE can totally send inbox message and make them legitimate if they want. But if the community hinders itself by always being against any kind of change then there's no pressure for DE to do said changes. Because no matter the suggestion given by a player, no matter if it makes it to the game or not, many are only focused on maintaining the status quo, afraid of any given change. And then after the change happens these players usually keep quiet, enjoy the new status quo they fought against because it wasn't so bad after all, and await for their chance to rally against "the next change".

It's just a notification about a game mode that doesn't hurt anybody. DE posts about nightwave everywhere except in the inbox and the Nightwave menu, which are the only 2 best places for such information. They really could do a better job here.