Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Tattoos

(PSN)fyriefox

Hia there all! So recently I've been thinking about getting a tattoo and I eventually want to get one for warframe because the game means a lot to me. I'm thinking about a kavat tattoo personally but I'd love to hear if anyone else has any ideas or even if you have warframe tattoos what you have. Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe! 

Edit: I am aware that in the end this is my decision and I already have a good idea of what I want. This was just more so to share ideas and see what other people have done. I also know that tattoos can be 'outdated' later in life however I have thought this through and Warframe means so so much to me. I have met people on Warframe that ik will stay in my life forever and also the game has given direction to my life so it will always mean something to me. Thank you all for your comments though, much love ❤️

Edited by (PS4)fyriefox
  • Like 1

you mean, on your body?

If so, you don't need external input... Its your money, your body and your decision.

Its not that I'm against it. Not at all, but I hardly see the point of having external input when the decision falls on you, and you alone.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 2

I'm not sure if a Warframe related tattoo is a good idea. The best tattoo is made to express a piece of your personality or life experiences in a timeless manner. Maybe Warframe will still be here 20 years from now and you'll still play it. Maybe 5 years from now it'll be long gone. Who knows? Maybe you love it now and is an important part of your life, but later on it will be forgotten. 

But if my cranky life lesson didn't convince you, I'd say choose a picture with nice esthetics! Your taste in art changes more slowly than your taste in videogames. So if your tattoo has good looking design, and its origin tied to a video game is not apparent, you'll be okay with it even when you already moved on from Warframe, if that happens.

I'm sure you've already seen these pictures, I just want to demonstrate which one is a better tattoo imo, following the above logic.

Bad tattoo. Brand logo, the name of the game, even mentioning the Lotus (maybe the player came to dislike the Lotus by now, so it's already outdated).

O0ygSSy.jpg

Good tattoo. Nice design (imo), Orokin script looks like nonfigurative swirls, but true Tenno will recognise it!

2e82d197edca35dc3d304909d4e64208d2be015f

Edited by (PS4)Viveeeh
  • Like 1

Tattoos don't have to mean anything deep: they could just be images you like and you want under your skin. I drew the base images for my tattoos (which were then modified as needed by the tattoo artist), but they don't express something deep about me necessarily - they're just drawings I made that I liked. 

Just make sure it's good art (and like above, try to avoid a Brand Representative tattoo). I've thought from time to time of getting one of the symbols for a Warframe power as a small tattoo (like on the inside of my wrist), but I'm too indecisive to pick my favorite little sigil. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)fyriefox said:

Hia there all! So recently I've been thinking about getting a tattoo and I eventually want to get one for warframe because the game means a lot to me. I'm thinking about a kavat tattoo personally but I'd love to hear if anyone else has any ideas or even if you have warframe tattoos what you have. Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe! 

Could look at the Kavat sigil Baro brings, have it colored in the gemstone or paint splash style. 

Personally, I want Mags power symbols with the paint splash aesthetic, just not sure where I'm gonna put'em yet.

Was considering a thigh piece for one of the art commissions I had done but, that's going to be Hekin' expensive lol 

Edited by MagPrime
Misspell something once and autocorrect never forgets it.
  • Like 2

If you want a kavat theme I'd suggest getting something similar to the aestethics of the Prisma Kavat glyph. Something that a fellow tenno would recognize but also something that would be timeless. It doesnt have to follow the blueish-green color of the prisma, it would look great in grey scale too or other colors you may like. There are also a few other kavat designs that are timeless, like the Glaring Sigil you can buy from Baro.

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

you mean, on your body?

If so, you don't need external input... Its your money, your body and your decision.

Its not that I'm against it. Not at all, but I hardly see the point of having external input when the decision falls on you, and you alone.

Oh I'm totally aware of that. I generally know what I want and have a good idea of everything. I was just curious of what others had done.

I think it's a good idea and I have though about getting one. Yes it's a great game and it may dissapear, I more than likely will stop playing it but half the reason I like the game is the artwork, design and concept. 

So playing the game or not, space ninja robot art would make for a pretty good looking tattoo.

Point being, game or no game, the art and design is cool. I have a one-up mushroom from super Mario tattoo on my wrist, not because I'm a Mario fan boy but because it's an extra life in case I get in trouble

On 2020-05-08 at 11:55 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

Tattoos don't have to mean anything deep: they could just be images you like and you want under your skin. I drew the base images for my tattoos (which were then modified as needed by the tattoo artist), but they don't express something deep about me necessarily - they're just drawings I made that I liked. 

Just make sure it's good art (and like above, try to avoid a Brand Representative tattoo). I've thought from time to time of getting one of the symbols for a Warframe power as a small tattoo (like on the inside of my wrist), but I'm too indecisive to pick my favorite little sigil. 

Came here to say exactly this. Non tattoed people (or people with few tats) always think you need to give a deep meaning to get a tattoo, there is no such thing as a timeless meaning and your body will rot anyway sometime. Something you like is enough, you can even cover it up if you #*!%ed up. 

I used to give reasons for getting tattooed, now I just got anything I find worthy to be on my skin.

• Like 2

I prefer no tattoo though, I find a clean body without tattoo is more attractive but that's me

If you want one, maybe just a small lotus symbol, others are a bit questionable especially when your body shape changes one day (imagine a wide ember when you're losing your body shape)

• Like 1