Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glass Enemies Spawn Rate Is Too Low And Weird.

FrostedMike

I either have the worst luck or the spawn rate of glass enemies is too low.

I am playing for an hour or so and had no glass enemies spawns at all. I stopped counting how many missions I did. Most of them are exterminate and mobile defense so It will be hard for me to miss the enemies if they spawn.

I had only two spawns from the start of the nightwave. One of them I didn't find the enemies and didn't know I needed to look for them, the other spawned about 5 enemies and I got only two cephalites. I had no spawns at all in the next half an hour and I quitted for a few hours. I logged in again an hour ago and played untill I wrote this post, I had no spawns at all at that time.

What annoys me is that I'm yet to find someone who didn't get 10 cephalite resonances to continue the investigation, some of them got way more then 10 and says the glass enemies spawn in almost every mission or every other mission. It sounds like there is a good chance that glass enemies will spawn, but I see nothing and Nora says nothing.

I read in a few places that the spawn is related to the time: Every 25 minutes there is a guarenteed spawn, there is an hour with no spawns, and the rest is random. I even heard it's like the random enemies from The Emessery in spawn rate. By my experiance so far, it's far from similar. Can someone confirm this? If it is like that then why it's like that?

EDIT:
Another hour and two spawns. Only one of them had the enemies and dropped the cephalite. The other was a railjack mission and the team decided to shoot the enemy crew ships instead of getting in and destroing from inside, getting rid of any possibility to kill the enemies and get the cephalite. The glass enemies didn't spawn on the railjack, but on a crew ship.

Edited by FrostedMike
  • Like 3

My best luck with these spawns has been randomly as I go across Orb Vallis. Usually a MOA patrol will get hit with it, or Crewman dropping from their transport. Also when in caves, fishing, tends to happen to enemies down there with time. Also infested defense missions, usually happens on wave two or three so far. Nice thing about Orb Vallis though is it will keep happening once it triggers the first time every few minutes.

Hope that helps. Also, when they do spawn, make sure to attack the glass ball like part of them. The hit box melee wise isn't so great though, you usually get it on a second or third pass strike from a combo.

• Like 1

They are locked behind the ~25min timer as reported in another thread. They also dont spawn in anything that isnt a pure star chart mission aside from possibly sorites and syndicate missions. Fissures, arbis and lich nodes seem to be a big no-no for spawning them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

They are locked behind the ~25min timer

So that's why I get consistent spawns happening on every mission... My mission runs always take a minimum of 50 minutes...

... I'm laughing at you, rushers... That's right, I'm laughing at you because I'm getting them all and you're not.

Edited by Uhkretor

13 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

So that's why I get consistent spawns happening on every mission... My mission runs always take a minimum of 50 minutes...

... I'm laughing at you, rushers... That's right, I'm laughing at you because I'm getting them all and you're not.

Yup that would be why. That's why it is easiest to run survival or orb valis for them. The thread with the timer also implies that at some points during the day the timer skips, so it is a 50 min wait. The problem is for people that jump into missions when the timer is supposed to be ready, if they miss it by just a little bit it seems like it ignores the mission. You need to be in a mission when the timer is ready to spawn them.

First I felt it was a massive drag given the horror scenarios people made up ragarding the "jumping puzzle". When I had my 10 and went in to progress I was like "Really!!?? This is what people call a jumping puzzle!!?".

To all the people stressing over it being a jumping puzzle, dont, get your cephalite thingies and go on, it is about as simple as it can get. Just type down your 5 clues (picture, name in yellow, weapon, ayatan type "emblem" shape and component in yellow (the yellow color may change based on your UI theme maybe, it is highlighted and cant be missed)), then get into the next part, there should really be no way to fail the jumps unless your hardware fails you for some odd reason.

14 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

It takes you 50 minutes to complete Capture, Exterminate, Sabotage, Spy, Rescue, Hive, Assault, Assassination, Hijack and Mobile Defense? I'm not sure if that's something to brag about...

• Like 2