The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pablo acknowledges why better AI alone will not be enough for good difficulty in WF: We need to be nerfed first

Jarriaga

3 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Wow, I've never met anyone so wrong and fear mongering so much, is this FOX news?

Wow, you fear an opinion on the internet? Didn't know I had so much power that I'll terrify people into submission with mere written words, but good to keep in mind for the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I'm fine with all that but people are searching for an immersible experience where there is a degree of believability on these encounters. Yes, War Frame should not be like Dark Souls games. But in any book an enemy should pose a threat or punish players for his mistakes. This provides an 'engagement' environment instead of a predisposed mindset where the player is confident of winning all the time. 

And it is possible to get that here aswell, if they add the proper mechanics to the game and tone down certain frames and weapons. Whatever works in other horde based arpgs would work here aswell and introduce the same potential punishments that those games have. In D3 it can come down to such a simple thing as blowing your long CD at the wrong time, meaning it wont be back online when you actually need, which can either result in a drawn out boss fight that may cause your death or it may result in you failing 100% the thing you tried to achieve, like beating a specific timer tied to the task.

The punishment can also take the shape of different affixes that puts more pressure on the player, so you need better positioning because the area is dense with moving hazards or the mobs have mortars that means you need to stay within a certain range, which can be deadly if it is a hard hitting melee mob you wanna keep distance to as a range hero. There are also other things like freeze+shatter combos, where if you dont leave the area as you start to freeze you'll eventually be frozen stuck and then detonated for massive amounts of damage that often results in your death. Or an oldie but goodie, wallers, mobs that contructs walls around you that you cannot run through unless geared for it. This combined with exploding mobs, mortars, freeze+shatter combos or a spinning laser hazard can result in your death. All this used to make classic D3 really fun, it has kinda died out since Reaper of Souls since the game is far less punishing.

These are all things WF could adopt and make its own thing.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I'm honestly surprised this thread managed to survive this long before finally descending into full-on chaos.

Warframe forums is just one massive salt mine tbh.

Triburos was very right in his recent videos it seems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Games are supposed to deliver a moderate stress test on decision making, logical thinking, eye hand coordination, data input entry at exact times or at least tests on quick reaction. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

So now in addition to all the other thing you claim to be the expert on, you are claiming this is the only reason for games!?!

This is truly the most absurd thing I have seen you type, I think, and one of the most absurd claims I have ever seen about games and I have been playing them for more than 40 years.

No wonder you think others are doing it all wrong, when your basic premise is this.

Games are so, so much more than this myopic view.

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

So now in addition to all the other thing you claim to be the expert on, you are claiming this is the only reason for games!?!

This is truly the most absurd thing I have seen you type, I think, and one of the most absurd claims I have ever seen about games and I have been playing them for more than 40 years.

No wonder you think others are doing it all wrong, when your basic premise is this.

Games are so, so much more than this myopic view.

Thanks for that, I needed a good laugh.

The horde joins in for the attack. 

39 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Warframe forums is just one massive salt mine tbh.

Triburos was very right in his recent videos it seems.

For some reason people can't stay civil. 

Or maybe, DE is provoking this harsh atmosphere somehow. These discussions became a pandemonium because seems hard to have opinions about things. I blame the quarantine and the inability to play other games in general.  

: P

Edited by Felsagger

8 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

The horde joins in for the attack. 

Finding your POV funny and saying it's wrong from my POV as a 40+ year gamer, even adding in a thank you, is an attack?

I mean, this POV about 'what games are' is probably one of the most constructive things you have actually typed, so I now understand the flawed foundation on which you have built the rest of your arguments. 

Disagreeing with your POV is not an attack. 🙂 

If you had even typed 'Video' Games, it would have been just as funny, but to claim all games are supposed to be twitch-based anxiety machines is just absurd, IMO.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Finding your POV funny and saying it's wrong from my POV as a 40+ year gamer, even adding in a thank you, is an attack?

I mean, this POV about 'what games are' is probably one of the most constructive things you have actually typed, so I now understand the flawed foundation on which you have built the rest of your arguments. 

Disagreeing with your POV is not an attack. 🙂 

If you had even typed 'Video' Games, it would have been just as funny, but to claim all games are supposed to be twitch-based anxiety machines is just absurd, IMO.

bunny.png?w=725

And the horde never quits. Meh. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

I'm honestly surprised this thread managed to survive this long before finally descending into full-on chaos.

A couple of the mods were monitoring and cleaning as the thread went, kind of looks like this is the threads death throws though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

A couple of the mods were monitoring and cleaning as the thread went, kind of looks like this is the threads death throws though.

I doubt it. The thread deserves more discussion. At least an agreement on what seasoned players should get on the long run and how few difficulty setting settles the churn. This game has the chance to enter the big leagues. Would be nice of someone finance it like Sony worldwide studios. The idea of War Frame can generalize to other games. Many PvE arenas, few team work activities and of course a comeback for the raids. Dark sectors was a great idea that went into the shelf. 

I think that balancing issues are attainable on certain adjustments but DE have to commit and deal with players that will go wild when their one button game is gone. Missions and content needs depth. Duviri's quest seems to be postponed but at least there is something to look for. The Corpus capital ships and few updates on fortuna will shape up the game stronger for the next generation. At least a tile set is being updated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Sad tbh

Well we continue discussing things like less capable horde of liches and unexpected capable hordes. This game needs more 'surprises' and odd happenings like a flock of sentients in a place you do not expect. The team hyena or wolf packs of more than 15 of these menacing robots. Or two profit takers patrolling at the same time with all the guns active. There is a lot of things that can be done giving a sense of scale. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

seeing  almost everyone be civil was refreshing 

This should be the norm. It's a GUI video game that is supposed to entertain instead of armchair wrestling in a forum. But I honestly don't know how we arrived at this stage. Maybe ego is our demise after all. :3 lol. 

5 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

This should be the norm. It's a GUI video game that is supposed to entertain instead of armchair wrestling in a forum. But I honestly don't know how we arrived at this stage. Maybe ego is our demise after all. :3 lol. 

You do realize you’re willing playing part in derailing the conversation. At times correct? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

You do realize you’re willing playing part in derailing the conversation. At times correct? 

I get attacked a lot. Don't blame me for it. 

But we can get back into the discussion. There are few detail left for a good discussion. 

thats why i keep coming back to this thread and why its probably been here for so long, had a few ppl or times things got heated or ppl got offended DE mods probably took care of it but otherwise

a brilliant discussion on an actual mountain size amount of things that could be tested or tried out, or thrown out, all depends on if DE agrees with anything we have here or not, while keeping it civil, and during a quarantine where everyone seems agitated, i think is a real accomplishment lol

i mean shoot, since its creation this thread has seen more views and replies then almost everything under the official announcements sub lol

so for me personally heres to hoping their keeping an eye on this thread maybe feeding their own ideas to changes or reworks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tokens210 said:

thats why i keep coming back to this thread and why its probably been here for so long, had a few ppl or times things got heated or ppl got offended DE mods probably took care of it but otherwise

a brilliant discussion on an actual mountain size amount of things that could be tested or tried out, or thrown out, all depends on if DE agrees with anything we have here or not, while keeping it civil, and during a quarantine where everyone seems agitated, i think is a real accomplishment lol

i mean shoot, since its creation this thread has seen more views and replies then almost everything under the official announcements sub lol

so for me personally heres to hoping their keeping an eye on this thread maybe feeding their own ideas to changes or reworks

A.I. is a difficult topic for everybody because takes too much time developing a 'thinking enemy'. When it happens is marvelous but it takes a lot of time. The elite in Halo 1 was one of the best breakthrough. Bungie had gold with the Elite Zealot. I screamed few times when he had the initiative. War Frame is a game that tested thousands of ideas and game modes. DE easily have like six games in just one package. 

It provides mini games, single player experiences and of course the foreplay of the market. No other developer threw the player in a continuous game environment. You can simply make your way socializing or going on your daily tasks. It's a game that worth keeping around for those long waits between exclusive releases. We stress hard on those weak areas of the game because we care a lot. 

Maybe we don't word our concern in the best way possible but at least we try. Balancing and privileged player will continue to roll even at the end of this game. Other games sells copies, people talk about them for six months and then nobody brings them up unless they become material for remakes. My preferences are PC an Sony's consoles. Get the best exclusives and online play. I started with Destiny and moved towards War Frame. Best decision ever made to be honest. 

DE listens but they implement at their own pace. Sometimes we get anxious and desperate but in the long run the game ages for the better. I can't say that War Frame was a boring experience. My best take on the problem is to give some enemies the powers the War Frame have. Liches are trying to do that. Would be awesome to feel a bit of pressure when your foes can do the same to you. Good boss fights always provides those moments but they need more work, IMO. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

idk, 60 pages.  Not sure what else is left to discuss at this point, that hasn't already been touched on. 

From my POV, there is always some kind of expectation that a game developer and/or the players will come to some sort of closure, when these topics have been circular arguments for as long as GaaS have been online, so the cycle is not likely to come to any sort of kumbaya, IME.

That's the issue I have seen time and time again - even if the ideas are solid, etc., which many in this thread are IMO, the developers of the game won't come in and validate the POV of some gamers, and those gamers will not stop seeking that validation, so the circle just repeats.

Balancing a GaaS to make everyone happy is not possible and unhappy gamers love to let the world know they are unhappy.

Such is the gaming community, full of people that think and feel they need to 'win' coupled with the 'when one does not agree then one does not understand' mentality, who will not stop until they either drive everyone else away, or the threads get locked.

I see that DE knows it faces issues and is dealing with them as they can and that is good enough for me, but not for others...cannot please everyone, because some people cannot be pleased, IME.

Ah, the circle of life, gamer edition!