The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR29 Players are around without Deadlock Protocol ... should they be?

yilmazdurmaz

Just now, Kel_Silonius said:

yeah, same. But some people just take this game way, waaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

GaaS games often replace social interaction for some people, for good and bad reasons, IME.

In doing that, ones in-game standing and possessions become just as emotionally important as real life things like shelter.

People talk about these games playing on fear and OCD, and some players are impacted negatively from allowing thier emotional well being to be wrapped up in a GaaS game. I know someone that lost everything over an MMO - good career, the works.

The same can be said, however, for most any hobby, there are always those that make it a 'lifestyle', etc.

It's fascinating.

Just now, Kel_Silonius said:

from clinical point of view, if you are psychiatrist, i believe it is fascinating.

It's just plain fascinating to me, as a person that likes to study and learn stuff, it's another interesting aspect of the human condition.

I am trying to write fiction and gaining more insight into how poeple thik helps me to create, hopefully, better characters, for example.

Dont worry lost of founders are already gone from the game. The founder for my clan has gone afk for the last 2.5 years. MR means nothing. But yes I agree they shouldn't lock any items behind any doors unobtainable or you can label the game as Pay2Win.

By you creating this post you're just making all the founders cringe at you because they feel they need the title to prove their status.

I still remember when Primed Chamber, Lato Vandal , and Braton Vandal were locked behind the old event and when it was brought into game by Baro and ESO, they all cried, ripping at DE for allowing players to farm the weapons.

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

You're missing some other stuff. Max non-founder is 5999 to 29. I should get 29 once I get Protea.

(Also whoever asked: K-drives don't need to be gilded, but the starter one gives no mastery and won't show you where the races are.)

That's odd ... I'm missing some item worth 3k Mastery then ... either that or getting Rank 10 in my last two intrinsics is worth 3k mastery, anyhow Prisma shade doesn't show up in the codex for me because I never had it, there's a good chance it's the same story with another item I have no clue about ... not sure how true that is as I found out max codex entries for items that can be mastered (before Deadlock) was 557, and I'm at 555 (missing the two items from Prisma Shade, the sentinel itself and the weapon it comes with)

9 hours ago, yilmazdurmaz said:

WHY?

i am told they are "founders", of which we cant be because they were lucky to be around when the game born. they dont have to be around or do anything useful for the game anymore. they were just be around that time. that is all. I respect for what they did at that time but should they really be given this much?

anything not in the game should belong to beta programs, even if there are only few days/hours left for them to be integrated into the game.

Anything not released yet to be in the game is just giving me offending feelings.

anything done in beta programs should stay in beta programs until they are released.

so WHY are these guys are in the game before the update is released?

Read the whole thing again, but this time imagine this is you.

a9cb757e0f98447929fb991d2310ea91.jpg

• Like 4

Founders paid a good deal of money to get access to a unique frame, unique weapons, or all of them. The money they spent was a good amount. I was around when they were, and Warframe was still a baby at the time. A baby that had no assurance it would become the massive beast it is today. In fact, it was very close to not making it. Founders made a gamble. They put money, a lot of it, into a game they had no assurance would still be around a year later. I personally did not make that gamble. I love Warframe. But I did not believe in it becoming a huge game in the future. It was a new concept. A bold new step in gaming. I didn't expect much.

They didn't just get it because they were there. Else I'd have Excal Prime and the other weapons too. They put money into it. They supported a game at its birth with a massive individual contribution.They are the reason DE kept the lights on. They get special privilege for taking a big gamble. Let them reap the rewards of a gamble. Not many people get that payout when making a gamble. And I'd argue that what they got isn't that much a payout. Access to a unique frame variant that had another variant added similar to the unique variant they got. Access to a prime version of the starter equipment. They aren't even that good of weapons.

Founders, to all of you lads and lasses out there who hold these things that others cannot get. I love you all. You helped allow this game to survive the scariest time of its life. It's made it so far because you helped it learn how to walk. I appreciate your contribution. I hate how these threads keep popping up because people are jaded about three items.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sailears said:

I'm grateful to the founders for allowing this game to reach the position it has, so a trivial MR boost and a few exclusive items is the least they deserve. This is coming from someone who only started playing two years ago, and very casually on and off at that.

Don't put the noose and pitchforks away yet, guys - we also get an extra daily trade. I know, right? GAME BREAKING!

3 hours ago, kwlingo said:

By you creating this post you're just making all the founders cringe at you because they feel they need the title to prove their status.

No, we're cringing at him because it was an ignorant and poorly-informed temper tantrum from someone with entitlement issues. Your post's salty tone wasn't much different. We don't have to justify our title, status or items to any of you, we're not on trial and your opinion makes zero difference to the fact we backed the game back in the beginning.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Avernal said:

Don't put the noose and pitchforks away yet, guys - we also get an extra daily trade. I know, right? GAME BREAKING!

No, we're cringing at him because it was an ignorant and poorly-informed temper tantrum from someone with entitlement issues. Your post's salty tone wasn't much different. We don't have to justify our title, status or items to any of you, we're not on trial and your opinion makes zero difference to the fact we backed the game back in the beginning.

lol, and here I am on a measly mr 15 barely ever using up daily trades. 😛

8 hours ago, SocialFox said:

That's odd ... I'm missing some item worth 3k Mastery then ... either that or getting Rank 10 in my last two intrinsics is worth 3k mastery, anyhow Prisma shade doesn't show up in the codex for me because I never had it, there's a good chance it's the same story with another item I have no clue about ... not sure how true that is as I found out max codex entries for items that can be mastered (before Deadlock) was 557, and I'm at 555 (missing the two items from Prisma Shade, the sentinel itself and the weapon it comes with)

Each intrinsics rank is 1500 mastery. There's your missing 3k.

23 hours ago, kyori said:

You must be new to the game, let me explain.

Founders have with excalibur prime or skana prime and lato prime, so they have at least additional 6k of mastery ahead of other players, which in this case is able to bring them to MR29 first.

The rest can reach MR29 after Deadlock Protocol releases today.

Oh that's what he was trying to say. 

Well I'm still MR 26. That should put you at ease OP.

On 2020-06-12 at 2:53 AM, Kokomala said:

Each intrinsics rank is 1500 mastery. There's your missing 3k.

Tnx, I have the intrinsics points to upgrade, but the passives they give are almost a negative than a positive for me personally (especially the Auto-aim from gunner)

Even though MR was never a good indication of anything, some people just pay too much attention on it.

To avoid posts like this in the future, DE might want to take a step back or forward whenever they release new items that would result in the highest possible MR minus 12k mastery.

After reading the op post the third time, I think he means he is unhappy because founders reached 29 before Deadlock Protocol update. What a bizarre and salty mindset is that? We should be grateful of the founders' financial support to the game which helps Warframe to survive at the toughest time. 

Edited by HeartPurity