Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Pet Guide

AreeSoothsayer

Well I recently watched a youtube video about our Warframe companions. Kavats and Kubrows... and he didn't even get some of it right.

This video is not going to go over those things. It's going to show how you can make your Kitties and Pups strong enough to deal with Sortie 3 enemies.

il y a 29 minutes, (PS4)Onder6099 a dit :

Finally someone who isn’t sitting on Forums and complaining or throwing more or less non sensual ideas about Beasts.

What do you mean ? I thought the forum was there to complain all day long ?

So all those people crying about every single tiny thing they don't like, that's not the ideal state here ? I thought it was a local sport, coming up with the most ridiculous and entitled complaint...

25 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

What do you mean ? I thought the forum was there to complain all day long ?

So all those people crying about every single tiny thing they don't like, that's not the ideal state here ? I thought it was a local sport, coming up with the most ridiculous and entitled complaint...

Unfortunately yes, because it’s easier to complain then go and find the way how to deal with this and that. Correct me if I’m wrong: We are players, We are playing the game to find most efficient way how to solve the problems, squeeze from content, gave to us by DE, min max and not self entitled Devs with mention “I know exactly what is the best for this and that.” Wouldn’t Forums look better when the players will share their experience instead of throwing useless ideas?

Well it is nice to know that people have watched it. Youtube shows a whopping 1 view on it. XD

I've run this build long before the Liches came out. When the Chakkurr arrived with that sweet status it turned Kubrows from a heavy hitter into monster pup.. if only I could breach 100% status and crit %.

So actually you can nerf significantly your primary to make companions viable damage wise, it's nothing retarded it just reasonnably kill lvl110 heavies. If companions had a proper AI, wich will probably never happen, it would maybe be a legit strategy in some layouts. I admit I learned a thing on this video, I was completly ignoring that, tbh it is counter intuitive going dmg on your pet when they have a tendancy to mop the floor when you are not constantly meleeing with a tanky frame at a point.

Nowadays I think you get more bang for your buck with sentinel weapons however if your purpose is to minmax damage.

On 2020-06-19 at 9:08 PM, Galuf said:

So actually you can nerf significantly your primary to make companions viable damage wise, it's nothing retarded it just reasonnably kill lvl110 heavies. If companions had a proper AI, wich will probably never happen, it would maybe be a legit strategy in some layouts. I admit I learned a thing on this video, I was completly ignoring that, tbh it is counter intuitive going dmg on your pet when they have a tendancy to mop the floor when you are not constantly meleeing with a tanky frame at a point.

Nowadays I think you get more bang for your buck with sentinel weapons however if your purpose is to minmax damage.

Nah. I'm a big ol' pet fiend. I was in Warframe Beta. I didn't stick around long. Got an email about update 14, Howl of the Kubrow.

Been playing ever since. I have 99 various beast pets. #100 is going to be the first Kubrow hatched on the variable head and tail system when it emerges. I am hoarding Kuva for, hopefully, when beast companions get a weapon allowing them to split damage and survival/Optional mods into 20 whole slots. I have 100 formas, and still rising, for if that happens my pups and kitties will need to be reworked.

If weapons are built in, like Valkyr's claws then each pet will be able to have a unique build if I want them to. If they're collars, switching from basically cosmetic, to a statistic object then I won't have nearly enough formas and I will love every single second of it.

On 2020-06-21 at 6:22 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Nah. I'm a big ol' pet fiend. I was in Warframe Beta. I didn't stick around long. Got an email about update 14, Howl of the Kubrow.

Been playing ever since. I have 99 various beast pets. #100 is going to be the first Kubrow hatched on the variable head and tail system when it emerges. I am hoarding Kuva for, hopefully, when beast companions get a weapon allowing them to split damage and survival/Optional mods into 20 whole slots. I have 100 formas, and still rising, for if that happens my pups and kitties will need to be reworked.

If weapons are built in, like Valkyr's claws then each pet will be able to have a unique build if I want them to. If they're collars, switching from basically cosmetic, to a statistic object then I won't have nearly enough formas and I will love every single second of it.

According to this:

I don’t think that Beasts need extra section for Dmg not even some kind of Command wheel. What I want DE should look at is:

1. Sahasa “Dig” precept, after Chesa rework and Self Dmg removal is in bad shape

2. Sunika “Unleashed”, it works for Capture targets only, for me it will be enough if the another specific enemies, as Demolishers f.e., will be added to VIP list.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

According to this:

I don’t think that Beasts need extra section for Dmg not even some kind of Command wheel. What I want DE should look at is:

1. Sahasa “Dig” precept, after Chesa rework and Self Dmg removal is in bad shape

2. Sunika “Unleashed”, it works for Capture targets only, for me it will be enough if the another specific enemies, as Demolishers f.e., will be added to VIP list.

Pure status build. I may try that with one of my less forma'd pups.

They should. Sentinal is basic support for the warframe. Kubrows, and now Kavats, were seen as combat partners. They keep adding more combat mods, but the limit of mod space...

It's like having a wall for pictures and portraits. no matter how many pictures or portraits you have, only so many will fit on the wall. So you have to change them in and out depending on the situation when another wall would fix the situation, or at least make it better.

EDIT: How the heck did you get 400+ status chance?

On 2020-06-23 at 12:07 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Pure status build. I may try that with one of my less forma'd pups.

Sorry, I’m late. Basically, I run it if Mecha set, rest is Hybrid or pure Crit, highly depends on mission.

On 2020-06-23 at 12:07 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

They should. Sentinal is basic support for the warframe. Kubrows, and now Kavats, were seen as combat partners. They keep adding more combat mods, but the limit of mod space...

I use Beast for their Utility precepts, like Huras for Interceptions and Defections, pair with “Caster” Frames because most of Frames Abilities don’t interrupt Invisibility; Chesa for Excavations, Defenses, Infested  Salvage and Onslaught; Raksa for Fortuna and specific occasions like Frames or Events, amazing performance in Scarlet Spear; Smeeta: farming Argons, Kuva siphon missions and Void Traces. According to combat. Some players recommend old method from Raids era to not use Combat mods, agree/disagree, you can use this Technique on Huras or if you’re able to make Beast invisible because Beasts are more vulnerable during attacks, so higher Dmg less time in attack, something like: Best Defense is attack. As You can see Enemies are lvl170 and Sunika has no problem with them, so I don’t think we need more Strength for Beasts because lvl170 is somewhere around 20 rounds Interception or 20th Excavator in Arbies where lots of players are already dead or left.

Kuva Kohm with SC Riven

1 hour ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Best Defense is attack.

Nope, Nope, lotsanope.

I dunno how many times I have rezzed or seen suicide High attack frames. The best defense IS DEFENSE.

Otherwise knights would have fought Naked. Tanks would be cannons on Jeeps. And Warships would be made of wood like in the old ways before cannons were replaced with missles, torpedos and whatever else ways to kill humans for ludicrus reasons are available.

On 2020-06-19 at 7:23 PM, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

Unfortunately yes, because it’s easier to complain then go and find the way how to deal with this and that.

To Be fair... There have been many situations where a Complaint has always been followed by a Suggestion to Fix the issue and Just as many cases where DE ignores that suggestion, Or Half Asses the fix or just makes things.I point you to Universal Vacuum as the most Obvious Example.

So yeah... I mean I do it too... Now I just complain... Il save my suggestions for Fixes for someone who actually Listens.

il y a 6 minutes, Lutesque a dit :

To Be fair... There have been many situations where a Complaint has always been followed by a Suggestion to Fix the issue and Just as many cases where DE ignores that suggestion, Or Half Asses the fix or just makes things.I point you to Universal Vacuum as the most Obvious Example.

So yeah... I mean I do it too... Now I just complain... Il save my suggestions for Fixes for someone who actually Listens.

To be fair (see what I did), a big part of the suggestions we see here don't take everything into account and/or are just ludicrous/game breaking/economy breaking and/or are born from one's inability to solve a simple issue.

There are indeed a bunch of suggestions that are both good and ignored for years, that's for sure. But those are easily flooded by complaints about the newest smallest hurdle. Added to the fact that opinions vary greatly from one player to another (someone was asking to not have better rewards in hard mode, that says it all imo), it's not the easiest thing to filter what community trully wants all the time. (Universal vacuum is a no brainer tho).

Eh, I like to complain too from time to time. Just saying that we can be very inconsistant sometimes ^^

1 hour ago, PookieNumnums said:

Doesnt this belong in fan content or players helping players 

Yes, however I wanted people to see that pets can be viable with some work and sacrifice and General discussion has about the highest traffic amount allowing my message to reach the most people it can.

It is not something I would normally do, but I wanted people who don't look in those areas to learn.

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Yes, however I wanted people to see that pets can be viable with some work and sacrifice and General discussion has about the highest traffic amount allowing my message to reach the most people it can.

It is not something I would normally do, but I wanted people who don't look in those areas to learn.

Fair enough. 

Its sad that pets outside of smeeta and the rare "bcuz ammo" carrier fanatic, are seen of as lack luster or borderline worthless. 

I hope pets 2.0 really make them stick out as individual units and shine as a whole, so bright that its hard to deny and doesnt take much of a gander to see in the first place. 

6 minutes ago, PookieNumnums said:

Fair enough. 

Its sad that pets outside of smeeta and the rare "bcuz ammo" carrier fanatic, are seen of as lack luster or borderline worthless. 

I hope pets 2.0 really make them stick out as individual units and shine as a whole, so bright that its hard to deny and doesnt take much of a gander to see in the first place. 

I think.

Pets should have high base stats. Slightly higher than Warframes. Each one with their own balance. Then REVERSE, those links so they share their stats with us. Since they don't have Powers it would be Health, Shields, Armor. The mods that boost Pet stats would be useful. They still wouldn't stack with Links, but players who want strong pets can use the boost mods. Those who want their squishy frame more durable could take along, say Raksa, and gain a boost to Health, Armor, & Shields with the Raksa's ability to recharge shields every few seconds.

On 2020-06-28 at 2:51 PM, Fallen77 said:

To be fair (see what I did), a big part of the suggestions we see here don't take everything into account and/or are just ludicrous/game breaking/economy breaking and/or are born from one's inability to solve a simple issue.

Yeah but thats to be expected and and its not an excuse to make things so laughably worse...

Case i point... Pets have rubbish Survivablility... so what does DE do ? Nerf the Link Mods to no longer Interact with a variety of Link Sources...

I mean when something like this happens what am I suppose to think ? Offer a Suggestion on how to fix it ? no ... Clearly they dont think somethings wrong here and any Feesback just falls on Deaf Ears...

On 2020-06-28 at 2:51 PM, Fallen77 said:

There are indeed a bunch of suggestions that are both good and ignored for years, that's for sure. But those are easily flooded by complaints about the newest smallest hurdle. Added to the fact that opinions vary greatly from one player to another (someone was asking to not have better rewards in hard mode, that says it all imo), it's not the easiest thing to filter what community trully wants all the time. (Universal vacuum is a no brainer tho).

The Reason They get flooeded by complaints and dont know which ones to address is because they keep Nerfing things that dont warrant Nerfs...I mean from the Number of times Ive read the Patch notes, theres always something thats getting Nerfed... it might not be a Big Thing but they nerf it anyway and naturally the players are affected by this just add to the already gigantic pile of complaints.

Il y a 16 heures, Lutesque a dit :

The Reason They get flooeded by complaints and dont know which ones to address is because they keep Nerfing things that dont warrant Nerfs...I mean from the Number of times Ive read the Patch notes, theres always something thats getting Nerfed... it might not be a Big Thing but they nerf it anyway and naturally the players are affected by this just add to the already gigantic pile of complaints.

Oh well, nerfs are just as important as buffs for the game health, even if those are not on point all the time. I'd rather have one of my toys get somewhat weaker if it means the devs are working trying to make something out of the game (even if yes  they missfire sometimes), rather than having everything become stale because of overused dominant strats.

People just have to stop whinning for every little insignificant thing that doesn't go 100% their way.

(But yeah, companion survivability really doesn't need a nerf in any way)

Archived