Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why disruption missions are impossible?

Matsetes

Question

I really don't understand why I suck so much at disruption missions. My guess is that the design is terrible and they do not scale correctly with the planet. I had to wait a lot to play the one on Mars, I returned with Rhino and a good weapon and I did it. Now, after finishing Uranus and Natah quest, I have to do the disruption on Uranus and Jupiter, but I fail.

The Demos are just so strong that I cannot kill them before they explode, they are so tanky I think it's impossible for a player that reached that point in the game to complete them.

What am I doing wrong?

I have Rhino with full armor, vitality and shield mods, I use a braton with full damage and 60% increased fire rateo. I tried the corpus damage (magnetic I guess) for the one on Jupiter but the improvement was not enough.Warframe-19-06-2020-19-54-32.pngWarframe-19-06-2020-19-54-22.png

14 hours ago, Matsetes said:

The Demos are just so strong that I cannot kill them before they explode, they are so tanky I think it's impossible for a player that reached that point in the game to complete them.

What am I doing wrong?

I've highlighted the issue: Warframe does a very bad job at pointing out which content should be played at which "level" of the player. Disruption type missions are designed for a later stage of the player experience, even if you can access them relatively early.
Count them as running into an high level area in a MMORPG: you just see the hihg numbers on top of the mobs, and get ya a$$ out there quickly.
With the right frame and the right weapon, modded in the right way (notice a pattern here?) you'll not only be able to complete any disruption mission, but you'll also be able to solo them, if you want.

Soloing Disruption is a guilty pleasure of mine, as you only have to pay attention to the Demolyst and nothing else!

Since the quality of the drops do not improve with the level of the mission (sadly), typically everyone extracts at either fourth rotation 1 or 2, rarely you find skilled (and crazy) players who will run for one hour or more: when the party is good, I gladly oblige but just for the lulz and not for the drops.

so my 2 cents are: just be patient, grab all frames you can, collect all mods, do all quests. Then try Disruption again and see the difference...

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, ILOHARTA said:

I've highlighted the issue: Warframe does a very bad job at pointing out which content should be played at which "level" of the player. Disruption type missions are designed for a later stage of the player experience, even if you can access them relatively early.
Count them as running into an high level area in a MMORPG: you just see the hihg numbers on top of the mobs, and get ya a$$ out there quickly.
With the right frame and the right weapon, modded in the right way (notice a pattern here?) you'll not only be able to complete any disruption mission, but you'll also be able to solo them, if you want.

Soloing Disruption is a guilty pleasure of mine, as you only have to pay attention to the Demolyst and nothing else!

Since the quality of the drops do not improve with the level of the mission (sadly), typically everyone extracts at either fourth rotation 1 or 2, rarely you find skilled (and crazy) players who will run for one hour or more: when the party is good, I gladly oblige but just for the lulz and not for the drops.

so my 2 cents are: just be patient, grab all frames you can, collect all mods, do all quests. Then try Disruption again and see the difference...

So why they put one just after the Natah quest? This makes me think they supposed you to do it after completing the quest, but the quest was rather easy for me with that build...

1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

You are not using broken war and rhino stomp.

Cause I still not have good mods for increasing abilities, they are so worthless that I prefer killing hostiles with normal weapons.

3 hours ago, Matsetes said:

Cause I still not have good mods for increasing abilities, they are so worthless that I prefer killing hostiles with normal weapons.

No. Stomp is very much not worthless here. I understand that as a newer player you may be having some energy economy issues, but when you can, it may be worth saving up some energy for a stomp on the Demo from outside of its Nullifying pulse range - your Rhino has a 25 meter range on Stomp, which is more than enough to safely nail the Demo without getting hit by its 6.5 meter pulse. Rhino's a solid choice, but you need to make good use of his toolkit. His 3 will give you more damage overall and his 4 will give you extra time on the Demolyst. Rhino is more than Ironskin.

Streamline is a really key mod for a lot of builds, so you should look to increase its level as soon as you're able.  Duration will also help with your energy economy, among other benefits, so consider dropping Mobilize for Augur Message (or Continuity if you have it).

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 1

Just now, Andvarja said:

No. Stomp is very much not worthless here. I understand that as a newer player you may be having some energy economy issues, but when you can, it may be worth saving up some energy for a stomp on the Demo from outside of its Nullifying pulse range - your Rhino has a 25 meter range on Stomp, which is more than enough to safely nail the Demo without getting hit by its 6.5 meter pulse. Rhino's a solid choice, but you need to make good use of his toolkit. His 3 will give you more damage overall and his 4 will give you extra time on the Demolyst. Rhino is more than Ironskin.

Streamline is a really key mod for a lot of builds, so you should look to increase its level as soon as you're able.  Duration will also help with your energy economy, among other benefits, so consider dropping Mobilize or Enemy Sense (or heck, even Redirection) for Augur Message (or Continuity if you have it).

I used it to retard the Demo, but it slows for a really really tiny moment and totally deplete my energy, in addiction to the fact that I quite everytime get the debuff of losing energy in this disruption.

I don't think I have duration and I cannot upgrade a lot these mods cause I have only a copy of them (if I have them), and that's bad to not have a little one to use. Isn't streamline the aura mod from Nightwave?

34 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I used it to retard the Demo, but it slows for a really really tiny moment and totally deplete my energy, in addiction to the fact that I quite everytime get the debuff of losing energy in this disruption.

I don't think I have duration and I cannot upgrade a lot these mods cause I have only a copy of them (if I have them), and that's bad to not have a little one to use. Isn't streamline the aura mod from Nightwave?

Streamline isn't an aura mod, you actually have it equipped in your screenshot.  It's the one that's giving you your 15% energy efficiency right now.  You can get it to 30%, which will make a difference for you. I think you're thinking of the aura, Energy Siphon.

You have Augur Message visible on your screen there, that would give you some duration until you can pick up Continuity.  Mobilize is nice, but you need to squeeze out what power you can get right now.  I promise it gets better as you progress further 😉  You'll be a walking nuke later.

Yeah, the energy drain is a tough one, especially as a newer player.  I do understand that.  It's okay if you can't always afford to use it, just be thinking about it, it's good to be in the habit of thinking about where your energy is best spent and which abilities are best for which situations.

Edit:  I actually want to show you why I suggested the things I have. 

We'll use the example of one of your key abilities, Roar (3).

At your current 130% strength level, your Roar is worth a 65% increase to all damage you deal.

At your current 115% efficiency, it costs 64 energy (down from 75 with 100% efficiency).
But with 130% it only costs 53 energy.

At your current 100% duration, it lasts 30 seconds. 
With 124% duration, it would last 37 seconds.

So now you're able to cast roar more often, and have it last longer when you do cast it. You have a higher overall uptime on that 65% damage increase and you're getting more value out of the energy you do spend.

Right now you'd get 30 seconds for 64 energy, about 0.47 seconds per energy spent. But with those changes, you'd be getting about 0.7 seconds per energy spent, on a pretty nice damage buff.

Spending less to get more.  You mentioned wanting to kill things with weapons.  Rhino's roar certainly helps you do that.

I know you were asking specifically about Disruption here, but optimization of your existing resources (mods, energy) is valuable in just about any mission type you will do.

Edited by Andvarja
  • Like 2

Just now, Andvarja said:

Streamline isn't an aura mod, you actually have it equipped in your screenshot.  It's the one that's giving you your 15% energy efficiency right now.  You can get it to 30%, which will make a difference for you. I think you're thinking of the aura, Energy Siphon.

You have Augur Message visible on your screen there, that would give you some duration until you can pick up Continuity.  Mobilize is nice, but you need to squeeze out what power you can get right now.  I promise it gets better as you progress further 😉  You'll be a walking nuke later.

Yeah, the energy drain is a tough one, especially as a newer player.  I do understand that.  It's okay if you can't always afford to use it, just be thinking about it, it's good to be in the habit of thinking about where your energy is best spent and which abilities are best for which situations.

Edit:  I actually want to show you why I suggested the things I have. 

We'll use the example of one of your key abilities, Roar (3).

At your current 130% strength level, your Roar is worth a 65% increase to all damage you deal.

At your current 115% efficiency, it costs 64 energy (down from 75 with 100% efficiency).
But with 130% it only costs 53 energy.

At your current 100% duration, it lasts 30 seconds. 
With 124% duration, it would last 37 seconds.

So now you're able to cast roar more often, and have it last longer when you do cast it. You have a higher overall uptime on that 65% damage increase and you're getting more value out of the energy you do spend.

Right now you'd get 30 seconds for 64 energy, about 0.47 seconds per energy spent. But with those changes, you'd be getting about 0.7 seconds per energy spent, on a pretty nice damage buff.

Spending less to get more.  You mentioned wanting to kill things with weapons.  Rhino's roar certainly helps you do that.

I know you were asking specifically about Disruption here, but optimization of your existing resources (mods, energy) is valuable in just about any mission type you will do.

Your detailed answer is really appreciated! I know that I will need to improve my abilities for the mid and late game, but now I struggle cause I have no way to obtain them easily and I have not enough money and endo to maximize the damage mod (still one step left on every important base mod).
At the same time I am slowering a lot cause I farm money with my not maxed warframe with not maxed weapons in Ceres survival.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I have no way to obtain them easily

Them? Mods or weapons?

Anyways, what weapons do you have and feel comfortable with. What's your MR and which frames do you own right now?

I'm "a bit late to the party" but I'll try to help with information as good as I can.

16 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I have not enough money and endo to maximize the damage mod

If you want some Taxi ask for Index runs. I don't see any reason not to be taxied there, because the only difference to Gabii is the time efficiency.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Matsetes said:

What am I doing wrong?

Boltor or Braton are not a very good weapons for Disruption in your situation.

I suggest to take good melee weapon (just tell what you have, maybe we will find something good) mod it for damage, range, speed, elemental damage, crit chance and crit damage. Since you have plat you can buy Orthos Prime, it's cheap and can carry you through all of Warframe, just don't forget to update your build. I tested Disruptions on Uranus and Jupiter and you can fly through it with ok melee and simple mods.

Also it's easy to do Nightmare missions with Rhino, so try to get Armored Agility.

Edited by Sadraven

5 hours ago, Matsetes said:

So why they put one just after the Natah quest? This makes me think they supposed you to do it after completing the quest, but the quest was rather easy for me with that build...

Unfortunately, one of the biggest flaws of Warframe's design is that it is not good at leading players to the content that they are ready for and would benefit from them.  The content is there, but often there will be content that you're not ready for that is sitting right in front of you while the content that would benefit you most is almost entirely hidden.  That's part of why we depend on the creator community, forums, and wikis to be effective.

5 hours ago, Matsetes said:

they both work with the starting mods - normal intensify etc
and broken war with the normal pressure point etc
Do the next quest and you will be able to maw trough the whole starchart with broken war and rhino.

14 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Them? Mods or weapons?

Anyways, what weapons do you have and feel comfortable with. What's your MR and which frames do you own right now?

I'm "a bit late to the party" but I'll try to help with information as good as I can.

If you want some Taxi ask for Index runs. I don't see any reason not to be taxied there, because the only difference to Gabii is the time efficiency.

I was talking about the mods. I didn't have a lot of interest in weapons for the moment, I just use the schemes I already have to increase the affinity and gain experience.
Actually I am using the Braton and Skana, I haven't found a secondary that I like at the moment, they all sucks and do few damage and have few ammo. I am MR 7 (today I have to do the test for the 8). I reached 30 with Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, Mag, Banshee, Nova and Volt and I am ranking with Wukong. I usually choose the unranked to do easy missions (for nightwave points, to open easy relics, to farm money on Ceres...), I use Rhino to do difficult missions and progress in the star chart, I use Excalibur with a special set and few mods for spy and stealth missions, I use Frost for defense and escavation missions.
I don't know what is Taxi, but I don't like to go in levels I haven't unlocked just by joining other players...

6 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I was talking about the mods.

Most of the important golden Mods can be aquired in the Void. Use a high Range Limbo and smash all the crates with his 4

6 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I haven't found a secondary that I like at the moment, they all sucks and do few damage and have few ammo.

Atomos is pretty strong. And Kitguns from Fortuna. They can also use the Pax Charge Arcane so you have unlimited Ammo. Anyways...it comes down to mods again. And Secondaries are even more straight forward than Primaries. 99% use the same loadout

Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, (Primed) Target Cracker, (Primed) Pistol Gambit and at least 2 elemental mods

12 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

Actually I am using the Braton and Skana,

Both aren't that good if you don't use Forma and maxed out mods. Pennant is one the best early Melee next to Zaws. I recommend you getting either the Pennant or a Zaw.

18 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I reached 30 with Excalibur, Rhino, Frost, Mag, Banshee, Nova and Volt

I guess Rhino is indeed your best bet. The other frames need a couple of corrupted mods to be more useful in your situation.

The stomp build someone proposed here seems fitting.

21 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I don't know what is Taxi, but I don't like to go in levels I haven't unlocked just by joining other players...

It's just like that. You ask in Recruit for Index, invest 50k credits and can make up to 4 million per hour. This of course depends highly on your team but your Rhino built for high Iron Skin can be a wonderful carrier. Just pointing out because it's a huge difference from Gabii's 25k in 5 minutes. And since it's just credits...I wouldn't count it as being taxied. Time is too precious to be wasted like this imo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Matsetes said:

So why they put one just after the Natah quest?

allow me to self quote: "Count them as running into an high level area in a MMORPG: you just see the high numbers on top of the mobs, and get ya a$$ out there quickly".

If I had to speculate on the "why", I guess they wanted to show new players that there are many other different types of mission, so they have always something to look forward.

2 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Most of the important golden Mods can be aquired in the Void. Use a high Range Limbo and smash all the crates with his 4

So maybe I will rank up a Limbo after Wukong, but I don't have lots of range mods and I have unlocked only the first two brakets of void

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Atomos is pretty strong. And Kitguns from Fortuna. They can also use the Pax Charge Arcane so you have unlimited Ammo. Anyways...it comes down to mods again. And Secondaries are even more straight forward than Primaries. 99% use the same loadout

Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffusion, (Primed) Target Cracker, (Primed) Pistol Gambit and at least 2 elemental mods

I can buy Atomos and I will, is it okay even if it has base fire damage? For kitguns I will need a deep guide cause they are really complex and I don't know how to build a good one... I do not have the Pax Charge Arcane.
I have Hornet Strike quite maxed, Pistol Gambit maxed but no one of the other mods you mentioned.

5 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Both aren't that good if you don't use Forma and maxed out mods. Pennant is one the best early Melee next to Zaws. I recommend you getting either the Pennant or a Zaw.

I cannot aquire a Pennant atm and for zaws I will need a guide as for kitguns, they are complex.

7 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

It's just like that. You ask in Recruit for Index, invest 50k credits and can make up to 4 million per hour. This of course depends highly on your team but your Rhino built for high Iron Skin can be a wonderful carrier. Just pointing out because it's a huge difference from Gabii's 25k in 5 minutes. And since it's just credits...I wouldn't count it as being taxied. Time is too precious to be wasted like this imo

But this way I will not rank up other stuff, cause I would need a strong build. Doing Gabi, I do two things together... And I do not have to care about other players 😄

2 hours ago, Matsetes said:

but I don't have lots of range mods and I have unlocked only the first two brakets of void

You can do Derelict Runs which you should do anyways in the near future.

http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#derelict

Most of the important double stat mods come from there and they aren't this difficult

is it okay even if it has base fire damage?

Fire does damage over time and reduces Armor so yes, it is decent. But you can use elemental mods to change the element, too.

For kitguns I will need a deep guide cause they are really complex and I don't know how to build a good one

it seems far more complex than they are. You can theorycraft them here: https://semlar.com/kitcalc

I like Tombfinger, Haymaker and Splat. With the mods above you shouldn't hit any wall before lvl 100. And you can aquire all at MR0, you just need to farm Fortuna Standing and some Ranks. And for the Pax Charge. It converts your Magazine of 23 into an autocharge after a couple of seconds. Infinitely. Also from Fortuna Vendors.

and for zaws I will need a guide as for kitguns, they are complex

Same as Kitguns. https://semlar.com/zawcalc

Here it depends on what weapon type you like. Scythes and Polearms are pretty strong if modded for Viral and Slash. An easy Zaw would be sth like Cyath + Jayap + Jai. Other good Polearms would be Guandao for Crits or Tonbo for status.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

You can do Derelict Runs which you should do anyways in the near future.

http://wegaming.de/gnarls/#derelict

Most of the important double stat mods come from there and they aren't this difficult

I never find people on chat... Maybe I'm doing wrong?

8 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

it seems far more complex than they are. You can theorycraft them here: https://semlar.com/kitcalc

I like Tombfinger, Haymaker and Splat. With the mods above you shouldn't hit any wall before lvl 100. And you can aquire all at MR0, you just need to farm Fortuna Standing and some Ranks. And for the Pax Charge. It converts your Magazine of 23 into an autocharge after a couple of seconds. Infinitely. Also from Fortuna Vendors.

I will see... Will it be long to farm all the stuff needed?

8 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Same as Kitguns. https://semlar.com/zawcalc

Here it depends on what weapon type you like. Scythes and Polearms are pretty strong if modded for Viral and Slash. An easy Zaw would be sth like Cyath + Jayap + Jai. Other good Polearms would be Guandao for Crits or Tonbo for status.

I prefer daggers or swords usually

8 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

Will it be long to farm all the stuff needed?

Tomfinger: 500 Standing Rank0

Haymaker: 1000 Standing, Rank 1

then it depends on Loader

Bashrack: 2000 Standing, Rank 2 

Stitch: 2000 Standing, Rank 3

Splat: 4000 Standing Rank 4

Pax Charge:

10000 Standing and Rank 5 for each or 5p on tradechat

14 minutes ago, Matsetes said:

I prefer daggers or swords usually

Currently the best swords are Pangolin Prime (MR14) or the Broken War (after Second Dream Quest), the "next" one would be Krohkur at MR9 but it's way below the other 2. As for the Daggers you can go for Rakta Dark Dagger at MR8. The only Zaw which could compete is a Balla + Korb + Ekwana Jai Li

• Like 1

I saw that I will need to farm a lot the two open world areas, cause I'm just at lvl 2 of both. Fortuna is harder, but I guess I'll manage doing multiplayer bounties.

42 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Rakta Dark Dagger

I will need Red Veil at a very good standing and a lot of points with them! I don't see this as an option now...

I bought the secondary you said earlier, but I'll keep Braton and Skana for the moment.

A Rhino with best efficiency with big range and lowish duration (no need for high dur, because demolysts constantly clear CC rapidly), just spam stomps while unleashing an opticor vandal with radiation/cold in its face while keeping that stomp up, works very well, nice and easy.

That weapon mentioned above is a repeating event, there is also the option of other heavy hitting weapons, i used to use a rubico sniper rifle well enough.

Another alternative to Rhino for spamming crowd control is ofc nova augmented with Molecular Fission, or a nekros with Creeping Terrify.

Edited by Methanoid

They are immune to status, while their shields are still up, and gain resistance to most CC over time.

I always run Khora as her snare is one of the few CC's that lasts and makes it almost trivial to kill them with decent weapons.

Snare them; aim for the head and set Venari on then once the shield's down.

Then they melt like butter.

Though I know she' snot  frame that most beginners have, so Nezha might be a good choice, because of his debuff and easy clan access.

I'd suggest a gun like the Quanta-Vandal or the upgraded version of your current one, if you have the mastery for them.

Edited by TheArcSet