Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Primary & Secondary Weapon recommendations

Modrew71

Question

Right, sorry to sound like bit of a broken record but does anyone know what firearms work well for Valkyr? I know most tend to prefer using Hysteria builds where weapons don't exactly matter for the most part, but in terms of times where I might need to attack in far range or if a Nullifiers cancels out my buffs, so I was wondering if some of you know what do you normally use situations like those?   

10 answers to this question

It depends on how you play her, but getting a weapon that groups up enemies like ferrox work well with hysterias slide attack. That is if you dont use her paralysis augment. Nullifiers I usually deal with in the same way since I use primed reach on her claws but a fast firing or beam weapon will work just as well. Also consider using a synth set mod on your companion since you'll be getting ammo back while using her claws. Other than that though it mostly doesnt matter. 

If you really want to end Nullifiers, you want a weapon that fires a lot of projectiles really fast; this is because there is an upper-limit to how damaged a Nullifier bubble can be from a single shot.  Weapons like Grakatas, Supra, Pandero, and honestly anything with a reasonable-sized magazine and fast fire-rate will do a great job melting bubbles.

Other than that, I'd honestly say it's a matter of taste.  You could use a sniper like the Rubico if you'd really like to be able to deal with enemies at long-range, or perhaps explosives are more your style.  You could use something like Corrosive/Viral/etc Pox to help soften up enemies before you go in for the kill.  If you find yourself failing under specific circumstances, figure out what those circumstances are and what types of weapons might be particularly effective under those circumstances.  But if you're not failing, then I'd just play with what you like and not stress about being 5% more effective.

Furis.

Best support gun in the game for Valk. With lethal torrent and barrel diffusion alone it pops null bubbles within a second. Also it can heal you, shreds armor fast and you can use to inflict procs on enemies for condition overload purposes. Only thing it sucks at is actually dealing damage. Great with vigorous swap.

For primary: Corinth and Rubico became my mainstay. Corinth gives you the option to AoE nuke things when you need it. Rubico when your target is bullet sponge and you need that single target dmg in places your melee wont reach.

2 types for me 

If I'm using nikanas then 

• Primary, Daikyu with its augment 
  • Secondary(fast auto rifle to pop nullifiers' bubble) aksomati prime with max fire rate 

If I'm using other melee weapons

• Primary, Miter with augment
  • Secondary, catchmoon 

16 hours ago, Modrew71 said:

what firearms work well for Valkyr?

Hysteria lets you shred enemies one by one easily enough, so something AoE to make up for her lack of nuking prowess could be good.

E.g. Acceltra is a strong choice there, and not least also works nicely for dakka-ing down Nullifier bubbles.

You could then complement that with something accurate and hitscan for your Secondary,
e.g. good ol' Lex Prime, Sicarus Prime, maybe Arca Scisco lazor pew pews, or another, but Steady Hands'd, full-auto gun.

16 hours ago, Modrew71 said:

I know most tend to prefer using Hysteria builds

Meh, why just join the masses, feel free to try out other builds, see what works best / is the most fun for you.

For example, I found decent success with a more Range-heavy build, using Prolonged Paralysis and (non-Augment'd) War Cry for mass CC
(War Cry slow down giving you easier headshots can be neat, as is grouping up enemies for Melee / AoE weapons).

Long-range Ripline yeets and yoinks are sadly maybe not quite as effective as you may want them to be, but still fun every now and then.

20 hours ago, Pie_mastyr said:

It depends on how you play her, but getting a weapon that groups up enemies like ferrox work well with hysterias slide attack. That is if you dont use her paralysis augment. Nullifiers I usually deal with in the same way since I use primed reach on her claws but a fast firing or beam weapon will work just as well. Also consider using a synth set mod on your companion since you'll be getting ammo back while using her claws. Other than that though it mostly doesnt matter. 

Would stuff like Flux, Glaxxon, Quanta & Amprex count as well? 😮

I've used nothing but Venka's on my valkyr since the beginning.  I HATE the fact that garuda's talons are claws =/  they should have been tonfa weapons or fans that aligned off her forearms =(.   As it is I use Tatsu with Garuda, not that I use her lame ass much anymore.  

For ranged weapons..use weapons that recharge on their own like kitguns or basmu etc. If you want them to exclusively take out bubble then go for magnetic.  Whats the problem with just recasting abilities??  If you use Hunter's Adrenaline you should always have max energy....

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_

31 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

For ranged weapons..use weapons that recharge on their own

Why those in particular?

It's not like Valkyr gives +Fire Rate buffs or anything that would make you run out of Ammo faster,
and you've always got Hysteria / your regular Melee weapon as a back up if not main offensive tool.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you want them to exclusively take out bubble then go for magnetic.

The Nullifier bubble has Object Health which means all damage types are equally effective.

12 hours ago, Modrew71 said:

Would stuff like Flux, Glaxxon, Quanta & Amprex count as well? 😮

yeah most beam weapons do nicely against nullifiers. Amprex might do a bit worse since it get's most of it's damage from crits which don't apply to the object health of the null bubble.