Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The steel path is another "island"

DemonStrikerX

Just now, (PS4)Yggranya said:

If it is the reason people wanted it, why are there so many people whining about the "bad" rewards?

Because the other side of community can't play if there's no "good" rewards and they complain no matter what

Mediocre reward? "bad" rewards, no incentive to play

Actually good reward? Being "forced" to play because the reward makes the mode mandatory to play

29 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Define "reward" and "scaling reward"

Also, they said it's meant for those who want to test their gears against higher level enemies without waiting an hour in endless mission for that

To lay out my stance on Steel Path: I am neither for nor against it.

You say DE said it's meant for players who wanted to fight higher level enemies. Couldn't this have been accomplished by allowing players to manually set the difficulty of a particular map? 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

To lay out my stance on Steel Path: I am neither for nor against it.

You say DE said it's meant for players who wanted to fight higher level enemies. Couldn't this have been accomplished by allowing players to manually set the difficulty of a particular map? 

And how do you set the difficulty of a particular map? And how do you set the matchmaking for that?

2 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Matchmaking, not sure. 
As for setting the difficulty, perhaps adopt the same difficulty selector present in the Simulacrum. 

And back to matchmaking problem again. Enemy level in simulacrum can be set up to 5x your MR + 30, means with MR 29 at max you can go up to level 175, making 175 sets of matchmaking so how do you make it so the matchmaking isn't busted where no one gets anyone joining on public because of that?

1 minute ago, 844448 said:

And back to matchmaking problem again. Enemy level in simulacrum can be set up to 5x your MR + 30, means with MR 29 at max you can go up to level 175, making 175 sets of matchmaking so how do you make it so the matchmaking isn't busted where no one gets anyone joining on public because of that?

As far as I remember, the point of Steel Path wasn't to give players new rewards or make things difficult, it was to reduce the amount of times partners used the simulacrum to test builds. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

As far as I remember, the point of Steel Path wasn't to give players new rewards or make things difficult, it was to reduce the amount of times partners used the simulacrum to test builds. 

And how do you make it with that simulacrum level selector compared to single +100 level with 150% increase on health, shield and armor? even with base of 100, you still have roughly 75 sets of matchmaking with level selector which is more complicated than what we have currently

2 minutes ago, 844448 said:

And how do you make it with that simulacrum level selector compared to single +100 level with 150% increase on health, shield and armor? even with base of 100, you still have roughly 75 sets of matchmaking with level selector which is more complicated than what we have currently

True, didn't consider that. Thanks for the discussion. 🙂

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

And they're not meant to be more than that

My own experience.

DE: We are adding a hard mode so you can skip some time and go directly to the Lv100s

Me: I didn't ask for this but I am predicting... higher numbers and that's it.

DE: Higher numbers + higher numbers on top of your higher numbers!

Me: Called it, let's check it... not even good EXP multipliers on the starting nodes (Spy consoles give you 12K like in Normal mode Sedna.)

I don't know why I was at least expecting to finally leave Hydron behind.

22 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

My own experience.

DE: We are adding a hard mode so you can skip some time and go directly to the Lv100s

Me: I didn't ask for this but I am predicting... higher numbers and that's it.

DE: Higher numbers + higher numbers on top of your higher numbers!

Me: Called it, let's check it... not even good EXP multipliers on the starting nodes (Spy consoles give you 12K like in Normal mode Sedna.)

I don't know why I was at least expecting to finally leave Hydron behind.

They didn't say anything about EXP multipliers, did they? All they say is better scaling affinity from higher level enemies which is basically what delievered and good thing there's no EXP multiplier, I don't want to see you or anyone bringing gears to level up here and being a burden

3 minutes ago, 844448 said:

I don't want to see you or anyone bringing gears to level up here and being a burden

That's my point, I wanted to do solo level up on Spy missions for example, right now a spy node on earth gives me as much as a normal one on Sedna, you just made my argument for me.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

That's my point, I wanted to do solo level up on Spy missions for example, right now a spy node on earth gives me as much as a normal one on Sedna, you just made my argument for me.

Well, in both cases are you sprinting through enemies without engaging them, using abilities to cheese the vaults regardless of how complex the traps are, and maybe using ciphers on the consoles if you don't feel like dealing with hacking?

In practice, the difficulty of Earth spy and Sedna spy is fairly equivalent. If anything, Earth might be a bit harder. I'm assuming that the Steel Path doesn't do much to change that?

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Jothki said:

In practice, the difficulty of Earth spy and Sedna spy is fairly equivalent. If anything, Earth might be a bit harder. I'm assuming that the Steel Path doesn't do much to change that?

Precisely, I could have accepted some nightmare tier failure states for spy on steel path but the only thing I see are sponge path enemies, BTW, turning them against each other allowed me to confirm something I still hate, they can do a lot of damage only to the player, they tickle each other despite their damage output.

4 hours ago, 844448 said:

Because the other side of community can't play if there's no "good" rewards and they complain no matter what

Mediocre reward? "bad" rewards, no incentive to play

Actually good reward? Being "forced" to play because the reward makes the mode mandatory to play

What about locking the planets? If this is a mere level boost why lock out all the planets if the only difference is an increased level there is no reason to add this pointless grind for what u call a "level boost".

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

They didn't say anything about EXP multipliers, did they? All they say is better scaling affinity from higher level enemies which is basically what delievered and good thing there's no EXP multiplier, I don't want to see you or anyone bringing gears to level up here and being a burden

in the test cluster there was 100% more affinity on top of the EXP that the higher level offered.

20 minutes ago, DemonStrikerX said:

What about locking the planets? If this is a mere level boost why lock out all the planets if the only difference is an increased level there is no reason to add this pointless grind for what u call a "level boost".

A new journey, or what people would call as NG+ or can you play to end area straight away in NG+?

19 minutes ago, DemonStrikerX said:

in the test cluster there was 100% more affinity on top of the EXP that the higher level offered.

Which is changed because reasons from test cluster and I'm fine with it because that means no people joining to leech off their teammates and that means I don't need to babysit those who think they can take benefits from others and complain later if no one helps them to leech

8 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

An Island is a piece of content that is mostly self-contained and doesn't add up to the other pieces of content, for example Railjack whose main function is to farm for materials to improve the railjack and nothing else, it dosn't even provide a good alternative to Archwing farming.

Isn't it a game mode that combines other game modes? So doesn't that make it an expansion on the core combat of the game?

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

A new journey, or what people would call as NG+ or can you play to end area straight away in NG+?

Which is changed because reasons from test cluster and I'm fine with it because that means no people joining to leech off their teammates and that means I don't need to babysit those who think they can take benefits from others and complain later if no one helps them to leech

A new journey, really? This new "journey" is the exact same one you go through when you start the game so there is nothing new to this journey and it offers no rewards to incentivize the players to do this journey. As I said before if this is just boosting the levels while changing practically NOTHING then why bother doing this? The steelpath is in no way a NG+ they should have given us the dropdown between the regular missions and the steel path ones and it would have been much more well received.

1 hour ago, DemonStrikerX said:

A new journey, really? This new "journey" is the exact same one you go through when you start the game so there is nothing new to this journey and it offers no rewards to incentivize the players to do this journey. As I said before if this is just boosting the levels while changing practically NOTHING then why bother doing this? The steelpath is in no way a NG+ they should have given us the dropdown between the regular missions and the steel path ones and it would have been much more well received.

Show me a game where the NG+ is not the exact same one you go through when you start the game and no rewards to incentivize? Not big of a problem, now it's a completely optional thing to do instead of having people crying and demanding nerf because they don't know how to build their mod setup and can't be bothered to learn.

Dropdown? They already did in announcement.

Technically it isnt an island since it binds the whole star chart together under a unified purpose and goal by having a currency (altought with an abyssmal drop rate) that can be obtained from any node and used towards the same reward. This in comparison to the normal chart where every planet is an island with its own purpose and goal due to the bloated resources of the game.

So it is a step in the right direction towards removing islands.

4 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Show me a game where the NG+ is not the exact same one you go through when you start the game and no rewards to incentivize? Not big of a problem, now it's a completely optional thing to do instead of having people crying and demanding nerf because they don't know how to build their mod setup and can't be bothered to learn.

Dropdown? They already did in announcement.

Archived