Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE if Steel Path "Is NOT Endgame" then WHAT is, and how many more years until we have it?

Apparently the highest level content in the game, which can ONLY be accessed after fully completing the entire game (star chart) is "NOT Endgame" according to Digital Extremes

So do they think it is mid-game? Early game? What does that make Tridolons, which are also affected by hard mode?

We HAD raids, but DE nerfed them out 5 years ago and hoped we would forget

We HAD clan pvevp (Solar Rail Wars) but those were nerfed out too

All we have left is more of the same exact crap +bullet sponge mode

Seems incredibly lazy, and a slap in the face to NOT have endgame after 7 years, even worse to release a new hardmode and claim its not endgame. Thats the same backtalk DE made when saying Protea's turrets are NOT turrets.

Ill be skipping buying Inaros Prime Access, as will everyone I know. I suggest everyone else does the same, to motivate DE to fix the game, or at least get new leadership in charge

At this point, the current devs are completely deaf to what the community actually wants (reworked content, real challenge that is NOT just artificially inflated by adding more levels to the same bad AI, and rewards that respect player time investment/effort)

Here's hoping Sony's deal goes through and they buy DE out, and give Warframe the God of War/Horizon treatment it deserves

18 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Apparently the highest level content in the game, which can ONLY be accessed after fully completing the entire game (star chart) is "NOT Endgame" according to Digital Extremes

Of course its not the true end game yet, we are still going to the Tau Systems which will have a whole new level range.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

and how many more years until we have it?

If you are in such a hurry, why dont you:
wKtGtCK.png
($50.000.000 USD)

[DE] is a small company with little over 200 employees. Triple A's have over ten times that. If they had more investments they could get more employees working and develop content faster.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

Of course its not the true end game yet, we are still going to the Tau Systems which will have a whole new level range.

wKtGtCK.png
($50.000.000 USD)

[DE] is a small company with little over 200 employees. Triple A's have over ten times that.

DE is Canada's largest studio besides Ubisoft

They are no longer a small company 

310 employees! Thats more than many triple A studios including Crytek which only has 290

Just now, LupoDWolf said:

so...you want a endgame, but you can't sugest something?

Did you even read? 

I  "sugest" you try it

21 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

We HAD raids, but DE nerfed them out 5 years ago and hoped we would forget

We HAD clan pvevp (Solar Rail Wars) but those were nerfed out too

Amazing how you stopped reading after the 1st sentence 🤯

But yeah getting Raids and Solar Wars back would be a good start 

3 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Did you even read? 

I  "sugest" you try it

Amazing how you stopped reading after the 1st sentence 🤯

But yeah getting Raids and Solar Wars back would be a good start 

when raids where around, i've never seens someone call it endgame
solar wars would need to be reworked almost completely to be something close to be called endgame

10 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

But DE refuses to classify as what it is game wise! 

You realise this doesn’t even matter right? You are allowed to consider it endgame, even if DE doesn’t. You seem to be making a big deal over nothing at all. My assumption is simply that people would expect more from endgame.

• Steel path is not what I would consider endgame. It is pretty easy. DE just game us masses of bullet sponge enemies. As a mode, it really is disappointing.

Raids and solar rails were not endgame. Not even close.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Did you even read? 

I did, you haven’t stated what you want from endgame. You said what other people want, but not what you do. If you aren’t prepared to add to the discussion why even post?

No plans to add endgame, despite the childish cries, means more content. No player that ever reaches the end is glad they got there because it means the game is done. Stop complaining like children that you didnt get the content you wanted. DE was kind enough to reassure the adult part of the community that the steel path isnt endgame. The devs arent stupid like this topic suggests they are. A better question is why does this thread exist? Also because of the shaming policy, I have not listed names.

This topic would be better locked...

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Raids and solar rails were not endgame. Not even close.

You said what other people want, but not what you do. If you aren’t prepared to add to the discussion why even post?

Theyre a good start. Raids give something challenging beyond artificially inflated levels. Wars give clans and alliances relevance, and pvp will always be more engaging than AIs that literally charge into your bullets

I was hoping Sanctuary Onslaught would be a fun randomized dungeon mode. But its literally just use Mesa to kill. Same for Granum Void. Pointless

At the very least, give conclave a rework, dedicated servers, and good rewards. Make it on par with Destiny's Crucible and it will be worth playing

A human opponent offers infinite challenge, that the game is sorely lacking

And lastly Invasions should offer tenno vs tenno. 4v4 pvepvp

Its really not that hard. Im not even a game developer and I already listed 5 years of fun endgame content that took me 30 seconds to type up 

DE hire me 🤪

Quit the game right before liches came out due to lack of endgame. And their will never be endgame because DE has to please the sissy baby casuals and gratify them with every update or their will be riots. Just quit like I did if you want endgame because the game is not for people like us. It is for the little sissy no thumb players who want everything handed to them on a silver platter...

12 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Quit the game right before liches came out due to lack of endgame. And their will never be endgame because DE has to please the sissy baby casuals and gratify them with every update or their will be riots. Just quit like I did if you want endgame because the game is not for people like us. It is for the little sissy no thumb players who want everything handed to them on a silver platter...

Okay so you quit months ago, but youre still on the forums?

Now that doesnt make any sense

I do agree players are spoiled and expect everything to be handed to them, but players like me want actual challenge and worthwhile rewards to be worked for

13 minutes ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Okay so you quit months ago, but youre still on the forums?

Now that doesnt make any sense

I do agree players are spoiled and expect everything to be handed to them, but players like me want actual challenge and worthwhile rewards to be worked for

Yeah I still come here to light a fire under DE from time to time even though I quit ages ago. And I also wanted difficult content with good rewards behind it. But since I waited ages for it and never got it I left. I would not waste my time waiting any longer if I was you personally, they don't care about the players who want real endgame and that is for certain. If they did they had many opportunities to do it and even nerfed stuff like arbitrations before they even came out to please the sissy casuals! Just save your breath and move on like I did, you will be much happier...

I guess if they gave more importance to PvP or Conclave. I imagine it would be the end of the game and with better rewards to encourage you to play :).

Postada : R.I.P. PvP or Conclave from 2017 to date 😞

Postdata 2: Google Translator forever and ever xD .

9 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Its really not that hard. Im not even a game developer and I already listed 5 years of fun endgame content that took me 30 seconds to type up 

I mean, it is hard because not everyone agrees on what content is actually fun.

Raids give something challenging beyond artificially inflated levels

This looks like the statement of someone that never played a raid. Warframe’s raids were only challenging if you had someone on your team that didn’t understand what to and ignored instructions. And that was a source of frustration rather than a proper challenge.

• I am of course assuming the perspective of someone that did know how to do them.

And lastly Invasions should offer tenno vs tenno. 4v4 pvepvp

This would be annoying to setup. You’d have to get people supporting different sides. There would have to be a restructuring of rewards to make this even remotely viable. I am not sure it would be enjoyable though, the wait times would be far too long in some regions. Depending on how the rewards were given, there would also be an incredible bias on which side is supported. I am ignoring how many people just plain wouldn’t care as the rewards are totally pointless due to already owning them.

I do agree with you on the other points though. Their is so much that could be done to improve the game. But DE just cannot do it. I don’t know if it’s a staffing issue (come on it takes them a long time to get some updates out), or if it’s just a fear of players complaining - probably a mixture of the two.

• I have largely given up on the game too. There is just nothing interesting to do. I was hoping Steel Path would help, but it’s about the most disappointing update this year for me. It’s the kind of thing other developers add as a “here is something to do while you wait for the sequel”. But WF isn’t getting one of those.

DE don't want "end game" as it indicates that you have essentially finished the game. Warframe doesn't "end" until either DE go out of business or decide to shut the game down. They want to keep expanding the game for as long as they can so "end game" is never really going to happen.

When most talk about "end game" what they mean is the most difficult content because they find everything in the game too easy so DE will just keep adding more difficult content to try and keep that part of the player base happy whilst not locking casual gamers out of as much of the content as they can. They have to play a balancing game. If everything is too hard then a large chunk of players will leave because they are locked out of content. Make everything too easy and a smaller chunk of players get bored and leave so they have to lean a little towards the casuals since that is the bulk of the player-base.

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

I do agree with you on the other points though. Their is so much that could be done to improve the game. But DE just cannot do it. I don’t know if it’s a staffing issue (come on it takes them a long time to get some updates out), or if it’s just a fear of players complaining - probably a mixture of the two.

• I have largely given up on the game too. There is just nothing interesting to do. I was hoping Steel Path would help, but it’s about the most disappointing update this year for me. It’s the kind of thing other developers add as a “here is something to do while you wait for the sequel”. But WF isn’t getting one of those.

I did both nightmare raids every reset, and the real challenge was not having the host disconnect because DE cannot afford dedicated servers,

but DE CAN afford to donate hundreds of thousands of dollars, including the recent $25 THOUSAND donation to a US based political group 🤔

It is not a staffing issue, it is solely a LEADERSHIP problem. DE needs new management. The current ones should be delegated to creative support, not left to continue making the poor choices that cause the game to become a larger incoherent broken mess that bleeds more and more players

3 hours ago, Shalath said:

DE don't want "end game" as it indicates that you have essentially finished the game. Warframe doesn't "end" until either DE go out of business or decide to shut the game down. They want to keep expanding the game for as long as they can so "end game" is never really going to happen.

When most talk about "end game" what they mean is the most difficult content because they find everything in the game too easy so DE will just keep adding more difficult content to try and keep that part of the player base happy whilst not locking casual gamers out of as much of the content as they can. They have to play a balancing game. If everything is too hard then a large chunk of players will leave because they are locked out of content. Make everything too easy and a smaller chunk of players get bored and leave so they have to lean a little towards the casuals since that is the bulk of the player-base.

Except only 2% of the entire playerbase has even tried Railjack

So yeah that idea of balancing for casuals is pointless

Might as well cater to the people that ACTUALLY PLAY and support the game

Then casuals will have a goal to work for, and everyone wins

Very simple!

4 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Except only 2% of the entire playerbase has even tried Railjack

So yeah that idea of balancing for casuals is pointless

Might as well cater to the people that ACTUALLY PLAY and support the game

Then casuals will have a goal to work for, and everyone wins

Very simple!

Did you actually read what I wrote? I said DE can't just balance for casuals as that would cause the hardcore players to leave out of boredom but at the same time they can't just make all content ultra-hard for the hardcore as that would leave casuals with nothing to do and they would leave. DE have to stay balanced and cater to both camps but lean a little towards the camp that has the highest numbers which is the casuals. Steel Path is most definitely not for casuals so this update is a win for those who have been asking for starting levels at 100+ for years.

Casuals do also play the game by the way and they are the ones buying platinum as vets know how to make plat without paying money so that is another reason DE has to keep the casuals busy.

Railjack isn't for everybody I agree, in fact some would ask why we have a combat ship in a squad-based third person looter shooter in the first place. Everything I have seen indicates it has ben a pet project for Steve really. I didn't really expect to enjoy Railjack as much as I do having been on a steady diet of space shooters (when some got relased anyway) for 25+ years but once you get past the tissue paper Railjack you get at the beginning I've found it quite enjoyable. Shame I have pretty much run out of Railjack content now.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding to the original post and completely agreeing on DE not actually trying to give us a different AI to fight against , the sad thing to this is that they dont even try , because last time they tried they gave us mobile and 'hopping onto you' melee nullifier units in Orb Of Vallis . Personally i used to be salty about Condition overload scaling nerf back then but then realized the problem isnt how we can slay 200+++ enemies quickly with finishers or some setups with CO etc. , what made us bored was that the AI we were fighting was/is so dumb and useless that it made the experience boring. . . . 

And yes  , I know there are arguments against the 'harder AI' , one of them is that we have so much nuking power that it would be irrelevant if they were to be smarter , sure then nerf frames and rework anything that completely cc's the entire room or the ramping damage numbers that saryn can do ?  yes it is a WORK and its on DE to consider revamping their game or not , but as the results show as in 'actions speak louder than words' kind of way that  *band-aiding* to your problems doesnt turn out to be a good solution in the long run. This is a simple but hard-learned life lesson that many of us can relate ..    yet DE on their own game(not literally i know , they dont have the claim on their company but they are the ones that does the studio work and balancing and introducing stuff/management of the company) 

It is the every step of band aiding some mods for fundmentally broken and seperate systems in the game or creating small content islands that are separate from the game that slowly but gradually brought the game to this very point , small band-aids they chose to slap on and not giving full-care for their own product , for the record im not an elitist i like newer players and times we spend on , this 'band -aid ' issue covers almost every aspect of player base , from just beginners to casuals to heavy grinders/collectors to challenge seeking players and veterans , across the board when you objectively take their experience .. its not looking so good , i couldve leaved a long time ago but i didnt(masochistically) because im one of those players that loved the story line (at certain points) and saw the potential of the mobile space fighter dream of gaming experience , its still saddens me this game isnt probably gonna reach its full potential. tnx for reading 

On 2020-07-10 at 12:02 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

wKtGtCK.png
($50.000.000 USD)

[DE] is a small company with little over 200 employees. Triple A's have over ten times that. If they had more investments they could get more employees working and develop content faster.

AAhh ! the Muh Indie Smol company excuse ah love it  , 

Archived