Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tencent on the hunt to buy Warframe? (Deal not confirmed/final)

NerdyJew-bij
Message added by Letter13

Please remember to keep discussion civil. No, this isn't the end of Warframe. The same sort of over-sensationalized prophesying happened 4+ years ago when Leyou (formerly Sumpo) bought shares in DE; people said it'd turn into 'all-lootboxes' and 'pay-to-win' and that DE 'would have zero control' and guess what? All bupkis.

Speculation is fine, as long as you're cognizant of the difference between opinions and facts, and as long as you're not spreading misinformation (intentionally or not). If you feel so strongly about this that want to leave the game, that's your prerogative (and loss) and is also fine.

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

And where is this apps region based? China. You’re not proving your point that this is a western issue presenting an app made for China’s region 

I showed you what Tencent is capable of. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

think smarter not harder lad

Under Leyou Warframe went down. 

Under Tencent there will be no more WarFrame to talk about. That War Frame as you know it, will be gone. 

Think smarter not harder lad. 

20 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

I showed you what Tencent is capable of. 

Under Leyou Warframe went down. 

Under Tencent there will be no more WarFrame to talk about. That War Frame as you know it, will be gone. 

Think smarter not harder lad. 

Tencent has no hands in the software being implemented in warframe.

actually warframe profit wise hasn’t been unsuccessful for years if we’re talking numbers 

but keep up the fear mongering after all you don’t have  to play

3 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

But all we can do is wait and see how it goes. There's no point in freaking out about "what ifs". 

With Leyou Warframe War Frame lost 20 millions in gains.. 

With Tencent you expect better? 

Good luck. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

What I’m concerned about is, that probably naive players under 20 which blindly believe what they governments are saying, using this Forum as some kind of anti Chinese propaganda. That’s all.

China did and continue doing a lot of important contributions in Architecture, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Medicine, Mechanics, etc. Their Cantonese and Mandarin shows the level of difficulty and the mental agility that such people have. If there is one thing that I appreciate is their advanced architecture and their innovation in tall building design and structural engineering. The Chinese managed to perform organized task such as five level of Gantt table construction to perfection. Those individuals understand to perfection discipline and commitment something that we westerners need to adopt on certain disciplines. 

But that's not the discussion at all. 

We are speaking about quality in a game that will somehow be affected on the long run. Many companies are not interested in game quality. Yes everything is a business but at least few companies care about quality and delivery. Some developers like Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, From Soft among others pour quality in their games. Gaming is becoming extremely popular but quality in gaming is declining. The last three to four years War Frame felt like a good sleeping pill for insomnia. The enemy engagement is over simplified up to a simple musou game where the enemy feels like ducks with a thicker shell. We had a severe lack of single player quests and a story that is fractured and almost contradictory in every corner. 

To be honest DE should stay independent without these ties. If things continue the way it is now, believe me, Destiny 2 will look like a good alternative despite all the mishaps that Bungie had with the IP. People are worried because they know that when a company like this takes the boat the game quality is destined to go downhill. I hope that in four years from now I get proven wrong. We saw how Tencent behaves. We saw how they make their money. Do you think that War Frame will be safe? With Leyou look what happened. Can you imagine if Tencent tries to tighten the rope? 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Tencent has no hands in the software being implemented in warframe.

War Frame design, programming and creative process runs under DE. 

DE responds financially to Tencent. 

Tencent doesn't NEED to put a finger over the game at all. They have full control OVER DE. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

actually warframe profit wise hasn’t been unsuccessful for years if we’re talking numbers 

Fine, so decreasing 20 million in gains is nothing compared to other years? 

Wait, hold it a minute....

1 minute ago, Felsagger said:

With Leyou Warframe War Frame lost 20 millions in gains.. 

With Tencent you expect better? 

Good luck. 

Source 

3 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

affected on the long run. Many companies are not interested in game quality. Yes everything is a business but at least few companies care about quality and delivery. Some developers like Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, From Soft among others pour quality in their games. Gaming is becoming extremely popular but quality in gaming is declining. The last three to four years War Frame felt like a good sleeping pill for insomnia. The enemy engagement is over simplified up to a simple musou game where the enemy feels like ducks with a thicker shell. We had a severe lack of single player quests and a story that is fractured and almost contradictory in every corner. 

Funny you mention some of these companies when a few have been in a couple of scandals And shady behavior  lol

Tencent doesn't NEED to put a finger over the game at all. They have full control OVER DE

Not at all  leyou did not finance every project made nor will tencent  you don’t under how these deals work 

2 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Fine, so decreasing 20 million in gains is nothing compared to other years? 

Wait, hold it a minute....

Source 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Funny you mention some of these companies when a few have been in a couple of scandals And shady behavior  lol

All of a sudden we want to make Tencent look better? Why? Why all of the sudden we fix a mindset defending a company that throws away gaming quality? 

All of a sudden we want to make Tencent look better? Why? Why all of the sudden we fix a mindset defending a company that throws away gaming quality? 

Why do you care about making them look bad? You're acting as if they are the end of the world and no one else can do wrong either or. 

Still waiting on that soruce

Just now, Felsagger said:

No. 

I'll let you work your back for it. 

I don’t have to do anything. Spouting out numbers but refusing to provide your source and or telling someone to do their research because you can’t or don’t want to provide it makes you seem uneducated about the topic and attempting to spread false information. I have nothing to prove as I haven’t stated the claim

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Why do you care about making them look bad? You're acting as if they are the end of the world and no one else can do wrong either or. 

It's not going to be the end of the world for sure. War Frame will continue existing in a portable phone app and of course on PC/PS5/Switch/Xbox Series X. 

The question is would the game sustain a better gaming quality? hmm...

It's not going to be the end of the world for sure. War Frame will continue existing in a portable phone app and of course on PC/PS5/Switch/Xbox Series X. 

The question is would the game sustain a better gaming quality? hmm...

Why wouldn’t it? You’ve yet to provide anything that tencent has the power to do that would cause otherwise.

also again you don’t have to play warframe If you feel as strong about this 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I don’t have to do anything. Spouting out numbers but refusing to provide your source and or telling someone to do their research because you can’t or don’t want to provide it makes you seem uneducated about the topic and attempting to spread false information. I have nothing to prove as I haven’t stated the claim

That will not force me to put the link. I want you to work for it.

If you are smart, and you think that you are, why not put that intelligence to a test. 

Hint: Leyou. 

Just now, Felsagger said:

That will not force me to put the link. I want you to work for it.

If you are smart, and you think that you are, why not put that intelligence to a test. 

Hint: Leyou. 

Again I don’t have to do such.but carrying on. Fearmongering and blatant hate on a Chinese company using capitalism makes no true sense. It seems more anti Chinese then actual game worries and even if so tencent dosent have the power to do any of which you’re worried about 

1 minute ago, TeaHawk said:

Nothing is eternal except oblivion. Warframe's time has yet to come.

This man understands. 

Yes oblivion was a great game and of course Skyrim. But Oblivion was it. I enjoyed that game a lot. Warframe's time will be decided in this generation. I'm sure that the game will not go away. We will have more ups and downs as usual. However I'm afraid, my personal concern, that we could get a bad sour with a slight subtle increase in micro and macro transactions. If Warframe keeps growing, and that's the tendency in consoles and of course pc, we will have few more years with it. I'm simply worried about the gaming quality about it. It was a joyride up to this moment. With what is going on, sorry, I'm a bit more skeptic. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Again I don’t have to do such.but carrying on. Fear mongering and blatant hate on a Chinese company using capitalism makes no true sense. It seems more anti Chinese then actual game worries and even if so tencent dosent have the power to do any of which you’re worried about 

You are blaming me on things that are obviously false. 

I don't have anything against the Chinese culture, beliefs, technologies, industrial capability, engineering or architecture, language and heritage. 

10 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

You are blaming me on things that are obviously false. 

I don't have anything against the Chinese culture, beliefs, technologies, industrial capability, engineering or architecture, language and heritage. 

Did I say you hate any of those. I clearly stated blatant hate on a Chinese company being leyou/ tencent  You even went and made it all bold for me.

im just saying people usually don’t speak on things unless their guilty of it. You sound like the guys who say “I’m not racist I never said I didn’t like _____” when someone says that’s weird that you don’t like “insert something here that didn’t have to do with x y z”

either way. The fearmongering and constant repetition of such is crazy. Tencent does not have the power to do what you claim or are worried about

also this is my third time extending you a platform to talk about this live via twitch? I’m sure the audience will love you! I’m free this Wednesday and Thursday if you’d like if not I do understand 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Did I say you hate any of those. I clearly stated blatant hate on a Chinese company being leyou/ tencent  Im just saying people usually don’t speak on things unless their guilty of it.

Then I'm guilty because I believe in gaming quality. I'm guilty as charged because I want to see a good game development for War Frame and a prosper future for Digital Extremes. 

I'm guilty because my intentions are quite simple, I'm simply voicing my opinion on a possible outcome. With all honesty, I want to see Tencent proving me wrong.  

6 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

either way. The fearmongering and constant repetition of such is crazy. Tencent does not have the power to do what you claim or are worried about

I'm not the only one with the concerns. I'm simply replying to your posts. I'm worried. That's all. Tencent doesn't help me stop to get worried. 

10 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Then I'm guilty because I believe in gaming quality. I'm guilty as charged because I want to see a good game development for War Frame and a prosper future for Digital Extremes. 

I'm guilty because my intentions are quite simple, I'm simply voicing my opinion on a possible outcome. With all honesty, I want to see Tencent proving me wrong.  

I'm not the only one with the concerns. I'm simply replying to your posts. I'm worried. That's all. Tencent doesn't help me stop to get worried. 

Gaming quality is different than coming into a thread and fearmongering. Stating claims without evidence and trying to occasionally present your opinion as fact. That’s you trying to do anything but that.

and when people have said to a lot of you guys that they physically can’t do most if not all of what you guys claim with proper reasoning why lads ignore such. I don’t mind others being worried but willfully being ignorant and choosing to ignore someone who is tryin to soothe your worry means you don’t care to hear it 

also the shareholders aren’t to blame for much of too little or too much money gets sent in  any issue within game is within the realms of DE stop trying to use these guys as scapegoats

Archived