Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tencent on the hunt to buy Warframe? (Deal not confirmed/final)

NerdyJew-bij
Message added by Letter13

Please remember to keep discussion civil. No, this isn't the end of Warframe. The same sort of over-sensationalized prophesying happened 4+ years ago when Leyou (formerly Sumpo) bought shares in DE; people said it'd turn into 'all-lootboxes' and 'pay-to-win' and that DE 'would have zero control' and guess what? All bupkis.

Speculation is fine, as long as you're cognizant of the difference between opinions and facts, and as long as you're not spreading misinformation (intentionally or not). If you feel so strongly about this that want to leave the game, that's your prerogative (and loss) and is also fine.

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Wait.....

Are you chiming because a red clown that latches on walls will not make it in an average looking game like Avengers? 

For starters, that game is horrid and has the worst frame rate ever. Just look at the last advertisements. Second. Spider man belongs to Insomniac. I don't want anyone else dealing with that guy except Insomniac. 

The game has the rest of the heroes even Iron Man. And will add more in future DLC packs. Imagine me arguing because Tracer is not in my War Frame game. Sony bought exclusivity for that Spider, Sony plays with that Spider. 

You want to play Spider Man. Get the "POTATO" Station 5. 

No, if you read what I actually wrote you'll see it isnt about him not making it into the game. Insomniac also doesnt own the rights to him. He is the property of Marvel/Disney, while Sony has the movie and game rights. This is about Sony making him exclusive to PS4/5 in that game, not about him being exclusive to PS4/5 in other titles. WTF does Tracer have to do with anything?

Sony made a S#&$ move, end of story and the backlash is already big after the announcement was made. They also didnt announce it until long after pre-order had started. Bait and switch really, calling a game an Avengers game and leaving out one of the major Avengers on 2 out of 3 platforms. It just shows what they care about, which certainly isnt the player community.

I dont mind PS exlusive games, but PS exclusive content in a game that will be available on 3 different platforms on release day for the same high price doesnt fly with me. So I'm even more glad that Sony didnt get the WF deal, since you never know what S#&$ they'll pull. This is worse than EA imo. "Wanna play all Avengers? Shell out extra cash on our console!" We arent talking a measly few bucks here for quicker access to an unlock, we are talking thousands of dollars here to get full access to a product.

18 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Sony has the movie and game rights.

Actually, Sony only has the Movie rights. They just pay through the nose to give the impression that they also have game rights.

Which is arguably even scummier.

1 minute ago, Corvid said:

Actually, Sony only has the Movie rights. They just pay through the nose to give the impression that they also have game rights.

Which is arguably even scummier.

Wow, that makes it even worse since Insomniac only own the rights to that specific spider-man through licencing deals. I thought that was licenced by Sony and not the Marvel Mouse. Though it is quite obvious in hindsight that it is a licence directly from the mouse, since it includes some villains unrelated to Sony's movie rights, like Kingpin.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Wow, that makes it even worse since Insomniac only own the rights to that specific spider-man through licencing deals. I thought that was licenced by Sony and not the Marvel Mouse. Though it is quite obvious in hindsight that it is a licence directly from the mouse, since it includes some villains unrelated to Sony's movie rights, like Kingpin.

Yep. If you recall, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 was a Switch exclusive, yet it still included the Spider-gang.

1 hour ago, Urlan said:

Look at it this way, Tencent's offers through their subsidiaries and front companies alike IDreamsky was around $1.7 Billion last year when their offers were first being considered, then went down to $1.4 Billion while Sony's bid that Tencent felt concerned enough about was higher than IDreamsky's previous bid, and was Sony proper not the Playstation arm which analysts think signified an impressive bid but the amount was not disclosed. To beat Tencent's full self which is doing the talk with plans to make Leyou and Leyou's fully owned holdings; like DE and Splash damage among others private under their Tencent Mobile Arm. I don't think we could conceivably crowd fund the amount of money changing hands here; but if its a program you feel you could encourage others legitimately to try; go for it, though one might consider you being facetious with the previous responses and the dice gif files.

Either way, you would legally have to wait just like Sony and any other Entity interested until Leyou confirms or denies Tencent's generous offer; which most analysts I previously linked don't think is likely to be turned down.

Well then...we are pretty much in super tight spot where we don't like to be at...welp I think it is good time pull out that bottle I have...

5 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Well then...we are pretty much in super tight spot where we don't like to be at...welp I think it is good time pull out that bottle I have...

Either way, hope it works out going forward.

9 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

No, if you read what I actually wrote you'll see it isnt about him not making it into the game. Insomniac also doesnt own the rights to him. He is the property of Marvel/Disney, while Sony has the movie and game rights. This is about Sony making him exclusive to PS4/5 in that game, not about him being exclusive to PS4/5 in other titles. WTF does Tracer have to do with anything?

Are you going to have brain spasmodic contractions and cardiac arrest because one character will available in the PS4/PS5 version only on a game that will be average at best? The world will not change trajectory, the north and south pole will not get a tropical climate and Sunday will not cease to exist. 

As I said, you want to play as Spider Man, buy the console. End of story. 

Sony made a S#&$ move, end of story and the backlash is already big after the announcement was made. They also didnt announce it until long after pre-order had started. Bait and switch really, calling a game an Avengers game and leaving out one of the major Avengers on 2 out of 3 platforms. It just shows what they care about, which certainly isnt the player community.

Makes no sense for any player go full crybaby about it. Exclusivity happens everywhere. Look the at the case of Excalibur prime. Do you see the rest of the community going infantile over the exclusivity of key face frame? 

I dont mind PS exlusive games, but PS exclusive content in a game that will be available on 3 different platforms on release day for the same high price doesnt fly with me. So I'm even more glad that Sony didnt get the WF deal, since you never know what S#&$ they'll pull. This is worse than EA imo. "Wanna play all Avengers? Shell out extra cash on our console!" We arent talking a measly few bucks here for quicker access to an unlock, we are talking thousands of dollars here to get full access to a product.

Yep, you are making zero sense as usual. 

You do realize that there are already three weapons in the Chinese version that are not available in our western version of War Frame? Does that makes better their version over ours? Wait by the same reasoning, not having Spidey makes Avengers less interesting in the other platforms than the one in Sony's consoles? Some people seriously need to grow up over the exclusion of one character in a video game with all honesty. Besides there are options to play the game, get a PS5. 

Cleaned the recent posts.

Can you guys please be a little more respectful with each other ? If you guys are not agreeing, then agree to disagree and move on.

If any of you have an issue with that post, PM me. Don't spam the thread even more confrontations than it currently is.

14 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

On your topic. If there are differences between platforms on the same product Sony is obliged to make compensations. It's basic common sense. One character will not ruin a complete game. Spider man seems to be enjoying a temporary exclusivity. That's it. 

No, not at all, not according to what has been said. They also only went out with the info because retailers had already spilled the info. Kinda shocking if they in reality intended to keep quiet about it until the game was released and could no longer be refunded. They also have zero plans for compensation. All such things will rest on CD/EM since Sony arent actually involved in the project, except in this very odd case when they push this thing due to some agenda. The worst part is that the rights for Spidey do not even rest at Sony or Insomniac, Insomniac has a license agreement with Disney regarding that specific depiction of Spidey, nothing more, just as they only have a license agreement for some of the villains for those specific projects. Otherwise we'd never see those heroes and villains in other Marvel games.

edit: I wouldnt be surprised if Sony has put some pressure on SqEnix regarding other projects incase spidey doesnt end up as a PS exclusive.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

No, not at all, not according to what has been said. They also only went out with the info because retailers had already spilled the info. Kinda shocking if they in reality intended to keep quiet about it until the game was released and could no longer be refunded. They also have zero plans for compensation. All such things will rest on CD/EM since Sony arent actually involved in the project, except in this very odd case when they push this thing due to some agenda. The worst part is that the rights for Spidey do not even rest at Sony or Insomniac, Insomniac has a license agreement with Disney regarding that specific depiction of Spidey, nothing more, just as they only have a license agreement for some of the villains for those specific projects. Otherwise we'd never see those heroes and villains in other Marvel games.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/a-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-lends-a-helping-hand-to-earths-mightiest-heroes-in-2021/

You don't know this. 

Second, Sony purchased exclusivity of Spider Man for the game Avengers. Square ACCEPTED this.

Are you going to hammer and throw your keyboard because a character is not going to be in a video game? Are you serious? 

24 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/03/a-friendly-neighborhood-spider-man-lends-a-helping-hand-to-earths-mightiest-heroes-in-2021/

You don't know this. 

Second, Sony purchased exclusivity of Spider Man for the game Avengers. Square ACCEPTED this.

Are you going to hammer and throw your keyboard because a character is not going to be in a video game? Are you serious? 

I do know it because Sony arent involved with the game. They put up this blocker, that is all of their involvement. Where do you get the idea from that Sony purchased any exlusivity. Atleast back it up with links when you claim something like that. Marvel's Avengers is a deal between Enix and Disney, if Enix somehow sold anything to Sony it wasnt theirs to sell. They have a licensing agreement that stretches to cover 3 different marvel games that are tied together, nothing else.

And this isnt about him being in or not, it is about people paying the same and getting less, not only the character, but the playable story that comes with it aswell as companion "customization" for your group when playing the multiplayer part solo. Alot is removed for people when they block 1 single character.

edit: And in the future, when you post that little text, can you just make it into a single paragraph?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I do know it because Sony arent involved with the game. They put up this blocker, that is all of their involvement. Where do you get the idea from that Sony purchased any exlusivity. At least back it up with links when you claim something like that. Marvel's Avengers is a deal between Enix and Disney, if Enix somehow sold anything to Sony it wasnt theirs to sell. They have a licensing agreement that stretches to cover 3 different marvel games that are tied together, nothing else.

Practice what you preach. 

You are blaming Sony for something that they CAN DO. They paid for it.

Sony purchased exclusive rights to have Spider Man DLC after the release of the game. If the other companies say Microsoft or Nintendo wants the character they have to pay. 

And this isnt about him being in or not, it is about people paying the same and getting less, not only the character, but the playable story that comes with it aswell as companion "customization" for your group when playing the multiplayer part solo. A lot is removed for people when they block 1 single character.

False. 

One character doesn't make a significant difference in the game story moreover when it is A POST LAUNCH DLC content. 

If you want to have the package, get a PS5/PS4 and purchase the game or wait for a post release.  

You talk without current information about the situation. Don't talk about things when you are not properly informed. 

edit: And in the future, when you post that little text, can you just make it into a single paragraph?

Deal with it. 

On 2020-08-03 at 11:54 AM, SneakyErvin said:

Just gonna chime in with a little info regarding how bad companies can make horrible and community unfriendly choices. Especially since the company that will be mentioned here is by some seen as a better choice than Tencent for instance.

In about a month a game named Marvel's Avengers will release across all platforms. This game is published by Square Eenix and developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montreal. Everything has been fine and dandy, game looks promising and then all of a sudden a bomb drops based on one of the companies that will be involved, namely Sony. Now what is this bomb, well something massive that sweeps distrust, discomfort, anger and several other things among the ranks of the potential community. To be more exact, Spider-Man will be a PS4 and PS5 exclusive character. What does this mean for the rest of the platforms? Less content while paying the exact same as those on PS, it also means that one of the most iconic Avengers will be unobtainable for all other platforms.

So much for Sony being a company that understands the players imo. They just lost me as a potential Avengers player.

Yup and virtually guaranteed a meta critic review bomb that will make THe last of us 2, look downright mild and tame by comparison. Because every other platforms players are going to be 0 staring it for missing Spiderman. So PS4/PS5 will be all 10/10 and Xbox, Pc and Switch will all be 0/10. This is going to be entertaining to say the least.

58 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

Sony purchased exclusive rights to have Spider Man DLC after the release of the game. If the other companies say Microsoft or Nintendo wants the character they have to pay. 

False. 

One character doesn't make a significant difference in the game story moreover when it is A POST LAUNCH DLC content. 

If you want to have the package, get a PS5/PS4 and purchase the game or wait for a post release.  

You talk without current information about the situation. Don't talk about things when you are not properly informed. 

Deal with it. 

You are making a really really REALLY big assumption that players will be rational and not angry about this...

13 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

You are making a really really REALLY big assumption that players will be rational and not angry about this...

But your current player base are not kids anymore. They are adults too. 

This is very simple. Sony purchased material for their exclusive console. This is how they are branding their product. Horizon Zero Dawn is available on PC. Death Stranding is available on PC and many other titles will be branded on PC. Those that where the prime exclusive of the PS4 consoles are now available on PC. Many will follow. 

Besides, Avangers doesn't look that great to be honest. There are many issues with the frame rate and performance. The new consoles will help a bit but the developer must pull off an herculean work on optimization. We have to stop seeing this game as a sacrosanct epitome of game developing culprit. It isn't. This is a branding game of a poster child movie. Nothing else, nothing more. 

Playing with pamper looking heroes? Really? The only exception of an amazing game made for a super hero was Spider Man on the PS4. That is THE FIRST game that capture the world of Marvel Universe. The game writers pulled a great story. Avengers is just a hack and slash action game that barely will get 8 hours for the campaign. It's just a multi platform game not an exclusive quality IP. That is the reality of it. 

The game has been build with certain heroes in mind. Everybody will get the same game build. Exclusive DLC was purchased by Sony. If they paid for it they can plug it in the game since Enix and Disney accepted this.

Topic of the thread: 

Tencent will not divert content for China and Canada. They will create slight variations with the same game kernel. It's almost the same except three items and few more details but is practically the same game. Tencent is not in charge of DE yet. We do not know how the negotiations went. However Sony has a better repertoire of games than any other company. We have to keep in mind that TENCENT IS NOT a game publisher or an experienced enterprise in video games. That is one of their extensions.

Sony is a dedicated enterprise dedicated in technology, communications and video games since the PS1. They entered the industry turning themselves into the market leader that defines the pace and paradigms of the whole video game industry in our current times. Sony is closer to PC architecture and wiser dealing with AMD and many other PC industries that manufactures video cards, micro processors and memory. 

3 hours ago, Felsagger said:

False. 

Deal with it. 

You keep saying Sony payed for something with zero proof to back it up.

And you clearly have no clue about the game when you say one character wont have significant difference on the story, when the thing is that each new hero released comes with an exclusive story tailored for them. Atleast read up on the game before you talk about what impact something will have. Some of us have been looking at this game for years, since it was announced back when Marvel Heroes was still alive and kicking.

There also wont be a post release anyhting of this specific hero. They also announced even more PS exclusivity today, that may or may not impact gameplay. And I'm talking with complete current info while you dont even really know what the game will be about. Was a little bit of research too much to ask for before donning that inovry suit of full plate in the name of Sony? It isnt only Sony either in this case, it is another Square Enix lie, like when they claimed FFXIV would have EU servers at the reborn release, which turned out being US based and it took years on end before they actually became EU based servers. I've lost all trust in both those companies with all of this, same goes for CD/EM, the dev studios involved.

And I am dealing with it by not picking the game up. Hope most PC players will do the same.

2 hours ago, Kconvey said:

Yup and virtually guaranteed a meta critic review bomb that will make THe last of us 2, look downright mild and tame by comparison. Because every other platforms players are going to be 0 staring it for missing Spiderman. So PS4/PS5 will be all 10/10 and Xbox, Pc and Switch will all be 0/10. This is going to be entertaining to say the least.

Yup, heck they've already started to recieve criticism for it and at the same time they plan for even more PS exlusivity while demanding the same price from everyone. I'm not gonna pay full price when several things are missing and will go missing later down the road.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

You keep saying Sony payed for something with zero proof to back it up.

If you are so eager to find the truth then reach for it. I'm not going to serve it in a silver platter. Are you expecting to find every answer in any book? Doesn't work that way. You have to read and most importantly THINK. 

Do you know what thinking is. I'll tell technically speaking. Thinking happens when you use more than just the scientific method. It's not about induction, it's not about deduction, or even meta cognition. Thinking is based on knowledge seeking. It is a process that doesn't happen internally. It is the sum of many reaching a consensus. 

The rules of thinking are not established by you, moreover when you call someone else dense without looking yourself in that mirror. The rules of thinking are not established by your way of thinking. Let me be more clear. You are in no position to ask for ANY proof when you do not practice what you preach. If you are going to ask for formalities then YOU SHOULD GIVE the example,

Sir.  

And you clearly have no clue about the game when you say one character wont have significant difference on the story. 

Have you played it? Do you know what the game is about? 

This is again the same snake biting her own tail. Try harder, that old hat trick got old, sir. Don't expect a bunny coming out of it. 

when the thing is that each new hero released comes with an exclusive story tailored for them. Atleast read up on the game before you talk about what impact something will have. Some of us have been looking at this game for years, since it was announced back when Marvel Heroes was still alive and kicking.

The problem is that I come prepared to this discussion. You don't. I think ahead your possible responses. I suggest you think before you type. This is my humble advice. 

"We can't wait for you to add Spider Man to your Marvel's Avengers roster in early 2021, and as we've promised before, he will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation"

Spider Man is a LATER addition to the base game. The story will revolve around the Avengers. The game was designed and later on he was added to the tier of heroes. 

"Square Enix and Crystal Dynamics did not specify if Spider man's appearance in Marvel's Avengers would be a permanent or timed exclusive". 

https://www.polygon.com/2020/8/3/21352816/spider-man-marvels-avengers-post-launch-hero-exclusive-launch-2021

Launch of the game September 4, 2020. 

Launch of the DLC Spider Man, 2021 first quarter. Further details of the exact dates are not available. 

There also wont be a post release anyhting of this specific hero. They also announced even more PS exclusivity today, that may or may not impact gameplay. And I'm talking with complete current info while you dont even really know what the game will be about.

You are not making your research. I did. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/08/04/work-together-in-style-with-community-challenges-and-cosmetics-for-marvels-avengers/

Cosmetics. 

Was a little bit of research too much to ask for before donning that inovry suit of full plate in the name of Sony? It isnt only Sony either in this case, it is another Square Enix lie, like when they claimed FFXIV would have EU servers at the reborn release, which turned out being US based and it took years on end before they actually became EU based servers. I've lost all trust in both those companies with all of this, same goes for CD/EM, the dev studios involved.

You wrote: "with zero proof to back it up."

Where is the proof of that? Again the snake bites her own tail. 

And I am dealing with it by not picking the game up. Hope most PC players will do the same.

Yup, heck they've already started to recieve criticism for it and at the same time they plan for even more PS exlusivity while demanding the same price from everyone. I'm not gonna pay full price when several things are missing and will go missing later down the road.

Bawwwww_bunny.jpg

Besides, you have the option to simply ignore the game while 300 millions of users probably enjoy this IP. Now could you please stay on topic?

Thank you. C :

The wise move of the Necramech will attract 40k players and 40k enthusiasts. War Hammer players will get the feeling of the Titan Fall 2 drop with this tiny titan. This opens relations between the content islands and the possibility to unify the game further. If Tencent helps DE get more people in their studio this game will surely provide great dividends for both. Can any of you imagine? DE is doing something that actually the community wants. Just imagine that for a second. DE must provide this type of fun for the game. What will be the ripple effect? Conclave will be viable with these Necramechs. The Dojo battles will get more interesting other than seeing one sided matches where one build dominate over the other just because the meta of one player is superior over the other. 

Ideas of having a pit for those biped droids would be another amazing idea where the RNG of the outcome would be hilarious. These are the instances that can save up the game and review the content islands like Lunaro, Conclave and even Solar Rails. DE needs more time culling up these ideas while they prepare for the next New War events. Scarlet must never happen again in that state. Tencent will get a more matured DE in their ranks doing more with their game. If DE continues with a spree of Protocol, Steel Path and now Deimos, they can unify the game with a well deserved update of Railjack adding the Corpus fleets and the full integration of the Railjack in Plains of Eidolons, Fortuna and Deimos. 

Railjack is their linkage for the game roundup. 

1 hour ago, StormWolf1337 said:

Lots of assumptions and ridiculously wrong information here while people argue with no merit to defend companies that couldn't care less about them nor which they have proper information about since their knowledge base is entirely Google searches. This is either the beginnings of what an internet wasteland looks like or the obvious parties here arguing hollow points are just Tencent/Sony bought employees or maybe even ultra-fanboys/drink-that-kool-aid cult members.

There is no other logical explanation for such rapid fanaticism towards something that thinks of them as nothing more than money and data. I honestly must know, does being rectally pained for a company make you happy or does it give your life some form of fleeting purpose?

Starts the party...

Maybe is skepticism? Maybe people are worried because the game will change drastically knowing the background of such enterprise? Maybe that could ever be a disappointment? For some it does, for some it doesn't. For better or worse our searches are based on despoils of history and fragments left in the Google servers? Do we have more? Only speculations and our experience. Sony provided four consoles with success and the best library in the market, fact. Tencent is a conglomerate that focuses in TIC and phone games and games in general. Sony is a publisher and Tencent is a company that focuses on telecommunications. Common sense says that the best candidate shows the best portfolio. Sony is a publisher too. 

Is that a matter of being fiction or 'ultra fanboyism', words that are typically used by eleven high school graders? Well, history speaks about events and situations. Many bases their knowledge on their long experience and the information available. Well, we want the best for the game that guarantees quality. Is it a sin to have a preference? Or are we going to place ourselves in the obvious fallacy that we are impartial with our views? 

Only YOU believe that. No one is impartial, sorry. 

This world has a bias, preconceptions, incorrect judgments, dubious conjectures, fallacious conundrums and even palindromes. Don't put yourself in a pedestal. Things doesn't work that way. You may add information or just ignore the ongoing roll. That is how this tent runs. 

On 2020-08-03 at 11:23 AM, OniDax said:

I'm sorry, but what did my comment have to do with a company being American or non-American? I'm talking about a parent company who owns over 50% of the shares having the ability to make changes to a subsidiary if they want to. I don't care whether you love America or love China. I'm just saying that Leyou and Tencent aren't powerless like some people think they are. And ultimately, it's irrelevant. The biggest thing is about what we want from DE in the future, what we want Warframe to be, and whether we think this parent company is going to help DE do what we want them to do and Warframe be what we want it to be.

Also, who do you think owns Riot?

Yep pretty much. 

We want Warframe with the best parent company who cares for DE and the game. If we get that, they will simply receive our money and support. I'm not asking much. I'm asking for quality and delivery. We all are in this same page. Sony is more convenient but Leyou and Tencent agreed on being the only bidders. Sony was thrown out of the race despite the portfolio and experience.  

This forum is literally golden I have to Skidadle before I enjoy it too much again 

In short tencent isn’t going to do any worse then leyou has. And if you feel like they are it’s a shame but not playing the game may be the best option for you. Therese no substanal evidence on the table that tencent will turn. WARFRAME into a terrible microtransaction ridden p2w mess. With certain things said tencent isn’t out to only purchase warframe either and is likely to let warframe and any other successful part of leyou continue to do the same things they’ve Been doing because despite belief warframe is still going strong as is successful amongst the casual community and that’s not going to change anytime soon. 

Fearmongering and arguing personal op and heavy speculation because tencent leyou and every other game that’s place in China pretty much has greedy and terrible montization within China dosent mean the western counterparts will be the same. Having a rational fear of the unknown is fine. Subtlety disliking the company because they are chinesee but trying to be dodgy around actually just admitting it because one knows that’s quite “ahem” interesting is hilarious (to read at least)  but shows how some of you guys view the lads 

overall I don’t care I barley play warframe and I only intend to get back into it to build like 5 more ashes to put different abilities on them once this new system comes out. Other then that u can catch me in other places vibing Rn. Sweat out 

11 hours ago, Felsagger said:

"We can't wait for you to add Spider Man to your Marvel's Avengers roster in early 2021, and as we've promised before, he will be available at no additional cost to owners of the base game, exclusively on PlayStation"

Spider Man is a LATER addition to the base game. The story will revolve around the Avengers. The game was designed and later on he was added to the tier of heroes. 

You are amazing at the picking and chosing while ignoring context. The way ",exclusively on PlayStation" is part of the phrase says it will be a PS exclusive as a whole. That is just plain and simple english. This because we already have info regarding everything being free after the initial purchase. So the only news and confirmation in their blog is that spidey will be added and be exclusive to PS players. 

And "The story will revolve around the Avengers" mean you really dont grasp the game at all, since all heroes added will be heroes that at some point have been tied to the Avengers. Each with their own story arc added to the game when the hero releases. The "main" story is about Kamala, then each hero will have their own arc aswell. So it isnt just about the hero itself, since you miss out on the story of the game.

And regarding the other link. They mention cosmetics, that doesnt mean there arent other things tied to their "events". This will be like a free battle pass thing very likely, so it wouldnt be odd if there are weapons or other equipment tied to it aswell. Since it is still "free" they wont break the promise where they said no real money involved for equipement etc.

You also fail to get the actual main point. We all pay the same yet one platform gets more bang for their buck, alot more.

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

You are amazing at the picking and chosing while ignoring context. The way ",exclusively on PlayStation" is part of the phrase says it will be a PS exclusive as a whole. That is just plain and simple english. This because we already have info regarding everything being free after the initial purchase. So the only news and confirmation in their blog is that spidey will be added and be exclusive to PS players. 

Who has control of the content? Disney. 

Who owns the right for Spider Man? Marvel

Who owns Marvel? Disney

Who is the content creator? Chrystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal. 

Who is the Publisher? Square Enix.

You do not understand the subject at all. Sony Purchased exclusivity of that Hero. Any company can do this. They did it. The game was designed for the six heroes without Spider Man.

And "The story will revolve around the Avengers" mean you really dont grasp the game at all, since all heroes added will be heroes that at some point have been tied to the Avengers.

Spider Man is a DLC extension to the game. It doesn't affect the plot of the original base game. 

Each with their own story arc added to the game when the hero releases. The "main" story is about Kamala, then each hero will have their own arc aswell. So it isnt just about the hero itself, since you miss out on the story of the game.

This is a hack and slash game that uses as background the story of the Avangers. The stories in these games is incidental for the purpose that the game convey. 

And regarding the other link. They mention cosmetics, that doesnt mean there arent other things tied to their "events".

Suppositions. 

This will be like a free battle pass thing very likely, so it wouldnt be odd if there are weapons or other equipment tied to it aswell. Since it is still "free" they wont break the promise where they said no real money involved for equipement etc.

Timed exclusive content says hi. 

You also fail to get the actual main point. We all pay the same yet one platform gets more bang for their buck, alot more.

Timed exclusive content says hi again. ^^

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Who has control of the content? Disney. 

Who owns the right for Spider Man? Marvel

Who owns Marvel? Disney

Who is the content creator? Chrystal Dynamics, Eidos Montreal. 

Who is the Publisher? Square Enix.

You do not understand the subject at all. Sony Purchased exclusivity of that Hero. Any company can do this. They did it. The game was designed for the six heroes without Spider Man.

Spider Man is a DLC extension to the game. It doesn't affect the plot of the original base game. 

This is a hack and slash game that uses as background the story of the Avangers. The stories in these games is incidental for the purpose that the game convey. 

Suppositions. 

Timed exclusive content says hi. 

Timed exclusive content says hi again. ^^

You keep repeating that with zero facts to back it up, this time also in a completely unrelated response. The part you quoted was in relation to the linked blog. And no, actually it wasnt designed around those six heroes without spidey, it was designed around all avangers being available with the monicer "play as your favorite avenger!". I guess that means that SqEnix, CD, EM or Sony do not think that any Xbox or PC player has Spidey as their favorite, or they blatantly lied until the news came out through different sources.

And it does effect the plot of the base game, unless of course those 4 companies also lie about that. 

No the stories arent identical, each hero has a completely different story in the game that finaly ties into the overarching story of the game. So without all heroes you miss out on the story. Kinda like as if they were to cut out all scenes involving Thor in the Avengers movies.

And it wont be timed exclusives, since the rewards will be unique to PS if you actually read the blog. And if Spidey was timed they would have mentioned it by now due to the backlash. So PC and Xbox players will pay the same amount but for far less content. I can only hope this will bite all involved parties in the ass. It would be hilarious if this has gone over Mickey's head as some inside asset deal between SqEnix and Sony, possibly resulting in the mouse getting angry for using their IP for third party profit (increasing sales of the PS). And we all know what happens when the mouse doesnt like something, sweeping changes in full on Arny style (Gazillion says hello).

Hey folks, so it's become clear that there's just like 4 or 5 of you that are still really discussing/arguing on this thread in a roundabout manner. At this point I'm going to be locking this thread because it seems you've all gotten into a bit of an argument stalemate and that meaningful discussion on this topic has reached a standstill.

If you really wish to keep discussing and trying to convince one another about how you're right and they're wrong, you can create a group private message to continue the discussion amongst yourselves, though in all honesty I'm not sure if there's going to be any sort of really productive discussion as a result (so it may be better to simply drop the topic).

Archived