Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha being nerfed right when Inaros prime comes out...

(PSN)Mhiit0

23 minutes ago, schilds said:

New Nezha is better than old Nezha, even without the invulnerability.

I agree new Nezha is amazing.

Actually he has two small windows of invulnerability phase now with shield gating and Halo.

11 hours ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

This is old (as the poster before already said) and generally not worse and just different since taking 10% damage has upsides too (Hunter Adrenaline, Adaptation stacks etc.). The only case where I found it to suck so far is against level 150+ infested since they nuke through it at times. Nothing a skilled player like yourself can't handle though.

People...

So using Inaros for his passive is skill? People use Inaros for the same reason people skip cutscenes, and now he's getting a prime? I'd rather waste all my savings on PS+ to squad on Destiny 2

7 hours ago, Nezha_Rose said:

I dont mind this new Nezha. Tbh, Rhino deserves the better armor since thats like his main thing. I dont mind if Rhino wins in the armor deparment as long as it helps separate the two in utility (and they are already separate otherwise)

I dont die with Nezha with adaptation, and with the shield gate thing he dies less.

Not entirely like Rhino just alittle less, and I try to keep away from mandatory mods on most of my builds

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Mhiit0:

So using Inaros for his passive is skill? People use Inaros for the same reason people skip cutscenes, and now he's getting a prime? I'd rather waste all my savings on PS+ to squad on Destiny 2

When did I mention or even imply Inaros requires more or less skill?

I have a big secret to share with you that might shatter your world view and self-perception. Only read further if you can handle this. You have been warned.

Spoiler

90% of the game don't require any type of outstanding skill nor offer the opportunity to showcase it in any fashion that it would make it worthwhile to brag or talk about it.

Not Nezha, not Inaros, not even Vauban's left grenade require the amount of skill to play that would be required to make it something to compare yourself to others  or to make you think of yourself as (more) skillful in any capacity of the word's meaning.

never ending slapping GIF

It's a numbers, gear check and knowledge game. If you're good with these three things you beat almost anything it throws at you - without effort or skill.

2 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

Invincibility > worst 90% DR ability in the game. Nuff said.

Not only do you get higher EHP than Halo would ever on its own outside of fringe cases , but the Halo would last longer due t it recieving less damage. You also get the benefit of passive healing and energy. On top of that you dont have to cast your tanking ability often like an MR 3 in index with basic Rhino. So it is, indeed, a buff.

On 2020-07-12 at 12:35 AM, GREF_TM said:

worst 90% DR ability in the game. Nuff said.

You mean the 90% DR that makes you inmune to all statuses and has an augment that allows you to share said halo to make others inmune? As well as share the 90% DR that isnt duration based to companions, players and NPC defense targets, which adds them additional protections against melee attacks, knockdown resistance including harpoon attacks and self blast stagger? And also give you slight inmunity long enough to recast once it wears down and can activate damage received based arcane like all 90% DRs?

Im having a hard time pinpointing what you mean about the worst one. 

On 2020-07-11 at 9:56 PM, (PS4)Mhiit0 said:

I try to keep away from mandatory mods on most of my builds

Thats admirable. But thats not everyones play-style. Ill give it a shot tho, sounds fun to teether tother in death. Keeps the blood pumping.

Nezha's 3 is supposed to have 90% DR. Anything else was a bug. And with 90% DR, you have synergy with his 2+3 and Equilibrium, Health Conversion, his 3 and Hunter Adrenaline/Rage, and so on. With 100%, you'd have zero of these. And given this, the 90% is more immersive gameplay-wise, and I personally enjoy it tons more than if it were 100%.

You had me terrified for a bit with that title. I was about to get really pissed 😅

11 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

You mean the 90% DR that makes you inmune to all statuses and has an augment that allows you to share said halo to make others inmune? As well as share the 90% DR that isnt duration based to companions, players and NPC defense targets, which adds them additional protections against melee attacks, knockdown resistance including harpoon attacks and self blast stagger? And also give you slight inmunity long enough to recast once it wears down and can activate damage received based arcane like all 90% DRs?

With Equilibrium, Health Conversion, Hunter Adrenaline/Rage, I'd argue it's the best DR ability I'm the game. That's subjective, of course, as it's playstyle-based. But what isn't subjective is that it's easily one of the best DR abilities in the game.

44 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

It's the only 90% DR ability in the game that doesn't actually multiply your EHP by 10. If your halo hitpoints are low enough, you can get one-shotted with it active from way lower damage than it takes to one-shot any "true" 90% DR ability. 

Quick and simple example what i mean - imagine you just took 30000 raw damage:

Normal 90% DR ability: 27k ignored, 3k damage taken, further reduced by armor, adaptation, etc.

Nezha's halo: if you have more than 27k halo hitpoints, it behaves the same way from above. However, if your current halo hitpoints are 15k, for example, halo will take 15k, break, and you'll take all the remaining damage - whopping 15k (reduced by mods, of course, but it still gonna hurt a lot, and potentially can kill you outright). See a difference?

This alone makes me prefer pretty much any other 90% DR ability in the game. Status and knockdowns are annoying but not actually that harmful in a long run, rage and all other synergies will remain in place as well. It's a hole that allows you to get one-shotted at high levels what bothers me the most.

On 2020-07-11 at 6:56 PM, (PS4)Mhiit0 said:

Not entirely like Rhino just alittle less, and I try to keep away from mandatory mods on most of my builds

Wait hold up full stop. Are you putting forth here that the reason you're upset over the bug fix is because it allowed you not to use what you deem as mandatory mods while playing Nezha?

This needs to get clarified as it entirely shifts the context of your comments.

6 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

It's the only 90% DR ability in the game that doesn't actually multiply your EHP by 10. If your halo hitpoints are low enough, you can get one-shotted with it active from way lower damage than it takes to one-shot any "true" 90% DR ability. That's why i think it's not that great, i'd rather bother with status than actually die.

Normal 90% DR ability: 27k ignored, 3k damage taken, further reduced by armor, adaptation, etc.

Nezha's halo: if you have more than 27k halo hitpoints, it behaves the same way from above. However, if your current halo hitpoints are 15k, for example, halo will take 15k, break, and you'll take all remaining damaga - whopping 15k. See a difference?

Ok I'm getting you now. And I now remember getting upset that "fix" was a bug. Yeah, I remember it now.

Yeah, that's pretty dumb. It needs the shield gating effect where it stops any overflowing damage once it breaks. I've died to level 120+ Sentients because of that while trying to pop a riven. I still remember that because of how bs that was.

3 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Wait hold up full stop. Are you putting forth here that the reason you're upset over the bug fix is because it allowed you not to use what you deem as mandatory mods while playing Nezha?

This needs to get clarified as it entirely shifts the context of your comments.

I think his point is that when Nezha's 3 pops, it doesn't prevent overflowing damage. That's something any Nezha main should know by heart, as we've suffered the consequences of it.

10 minutes ago, GREF_TM said:

It's the only 90% DR ability in the game that doesn't actually multiply your EHP by 10. If your halo hitpoints are low enough, you can get one-shotted with it active from way lower damage than it takes to one-shot any "true" 90% DR ability. 

Nezha's halo: if you have more than 27k halo hitpoints, it behaves the same way from above. However, if your current halo hitpoints are 15k, for example, halo will take 15k, break, and you'll take all the remaining damage - whopping 15k (reduced by mods, of course, but it still gonna hurt a lot, and potentially can kill you outright). See a difference?

This alone makes me prefer pretty much any other 90% DR ability in the game. Status and knockdowns are annoying but not actually that harmful, rage and all other synergies will remain the same. It's a hole that allows you to get one-shotted at high levels what bothers me the most.

Just now, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

I think his point is that when Nezha's 3 pops, it doesn't prevent overflowing damage. That's something any Nezha main should know by heart, as we've suffered the consequences of it.

3 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Ok I'm getting you now. And I now remember getting upset that "fix" was a bug. Yeah, I remember it now.

Yeah, that's pretty dumb. It needs the shield gating effect where it stops any overflowing damage once it breaks. I've died to level 120+ Sentients because of that while trying to pop a riven. I still remember that because of how bs that was.

Good point, still I usually dont just facetank everything and play like a balerina on conclave so Id never had that happened too much for me.  But when it did, it was BS. 

I just Main Nezha because I like how his mobility feels for me, so the DR is an added bonus. 

However, with Nezha Prime Im sure that the Halo will get that EHP buff. Nezha Prime.... Nezha... Prime.... in a few... more months...  😞

1 minute ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Good point, still I usually dont just facetank everything and play like a balerina on conclave so Id never had that happened too much for me.  But when it did, it was BS. 

I just Main Nezha because I like how his mobility feels for me, so the DR is an added bonus. 

However, with Nezha Prime Im sure that the Halo will get that EHP buff. Nezha Prime.... Nezha... Prime.... in a few... more months...  😞

Yeah I mainly play him for his movement and overall kit synergy, but I won't forget getting one-shotted through my 3 by level 120+ Lua Sentients trying to pop a riven. That was before shield gating. And that was also when I learned that riven quest was glitched.

But yeah, I was honestly very disappointed to see Nezha Prime delayed. But my wallet wasn't, as I want to buy it out of respect to my main (no matter how stupid a financial decision that may be). I think I'll be complete if I do that lol. At least until Arca Plasmor Vandal releases.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Yeah I mainly play him for his movement and overall kit synergy, but I won't forget getting one-shotted through my 3 by level 120+ Lua Sentients trying to pop a riven. That was before shield gating. And that was also when I learned that riven quest was glitched.

But yeah, I was honestly very disappointed to see Nezha Prime delayed. But my wallet wasn't, as I want to buy it out of respect to my main (no matter how stupid a financial decision that may be). I think I'll be complete if I do that lol. At least until Arca Plasmor Vandal releases.

Wait what where you doing that you got one shotted by a lua 120+ Sentinents?!

Same boat! But I think Ill just buy the prime accessories. and grind everything day one. 

Slight off topic: Also which Riven was that?

9 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

However, with Nezha Prime Im sure that the Halo will get that EHP buff.

Screw EHP buff tbh, just make invincibility on break effect trigger before you take extra damage and it's indeed gonna be one of the best if not the best DR ability in the game.

Just now, GREF_TM said:

Screw EHP buff tbh, just make invincibility on break effect trigger before you take extra damage and it's indeed gonna be one of the best if not the best DR ability in the game.

Thats souds like a second shield gate, I like the sound of that...

Just now, Nezha_Rose said:

Thats souds like a second shield gate, I like the sound of that...

Not really, you'd still always take full 10% of all incoming damage once your normal shield is gone, it'd just remove damage spilling on halo break.

Just now, GREF_TM said:

Not really, you'd still always take full 10% of all incoming damage once your normal shield is gone, it'd just remove damage spilling on halo break.

Fair enough.

Aigh I agree with you, for the sake of bufifng halo ofcourse. 

10 minutes ago, Nezha_Rose said:

Same boat! But I think Ill just buy the prime accessories. and grind everything day one. 

Also which Riven was that?

'Get the Killing Blow on 6 Sentients without getting afflicted by status effects.'

it was glitched to where Warding Halo's and Fire Walker's status negation didn't register with the quest. So even though you were negating status, the quest didn't register that you were. It was quite annoying until I realized it was glitched, then I just waited. Popping rivens is something I'll do to switch things up every now and then if I actually end up obtaining one, so I wasn't too bummed out.

Now that I think about it, having a job will make Nezha's PA very affordable. It's just extreneously tough to get one where I live if you aren't working at the insurance agency or as an admin at the local college, let alone during COVID. But I'll manage, since I have to soon anyway. I've been eating into my growth and I only have about 2 months left I can afford... anything. Like, at all. But once I have money I'm decent enough at managing it so I can pretty much afford (mostly) whatever I want within a reasonable amount of time, even if I'm making only 20k a year. Tbh I don't want that much though so that's a huge reason why lol.

wow... I got off topic quick lol...

10 minutes ago, (NSW)FlameDivinity said:

Aye that much I have. Its one of the reasons I enjoy it since it requires you to he aware of your numbers makes it engaging if you will.

What I am getting at is the source of this needs clarification as if it is about Nezhas form and function thats one thing. But if the root of the OP entire reason to start this conversation was simply that they are inconvienced because they don't like using certain mods that promote survivability thats feelings and not a grounded conversation on Nezhas abilities or function.

Its like saying I want a fast car, but I don't want to invest in the engine that will let me go fast. See what I am saying?

4 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Its like saying I want a fast car, but I don't want to invest in the engine that will let me go fast.

It's almost like you'd expect a fast car to be shipped with a good engine by default. Hmmm...

#BandAidModsBegone

5 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Aye that much I have. Its one of the reasons I enjoy it since it requires you to he aware of your numbers makes it engaging if you will.

What I am getting at is the source of this needs clarification as if it is about Nezhas form and function thats one thing. But if the root of the OP entire reason to start this conversation was simply that they are inconvienced because they don't like using certain mods that promote survivability thats feelings and not a grounded conversation on Nezhas abilities or function.

Its like saying I want a fast car, but I don't want to invest in the engine that will let me go fast. See what I am saying?

Oh ok. That's what he was saying. My bad. But I think we've boiled down the root to being Nezha's 3 not preventing damage overflow. I'd like that, of course as it s a buff to my main. I don't want Nezha to be buffed with anything crazy, as I love him how he is. But one sour experience means many more can come, and this buff is something that would prevent that.

I don't like being one shotted by level 120+ Sentients on a build that can tank level 300+ everything else and still almost never take damage through his 3.

Archived