The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

17 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You're petitioning the wrong people. You gotta petition Sony, MS, Nintendo and Steam to allow DE to do it. 

steam has nothing to do with it, you can play warframe without steam, but yeah, the main thing i see is the console companies being so greedy that they wont allow it and try to salvage every penny they can get

What about Clan Dojos?

In Warframe 10 to 1000 players per Dojo invest a ridiculous amount of time and resources to complete the Clan research and make their Dojo feel homelike.

Are those communities and your Clan Dojos going to be carried on from a PS4 to a PS5 clan community?

Will we have a the same Clan Dojo on 2 consoles? Or one cross play area for Clan Dojo?

Because having Clan Dojo's not carried over is NOT AN OPTION.

2 hours ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

steam has nothing to do with it, you can play warframe without steam, but yeah, the main thing i see is the console companies being so greedy that they wont allow it and try to salvage every penny they can get

Fair enough, but I was under the impression that there are also exclusives for each platform and that a lot of the tennogen gets sold through steam as well. 

I've read that the reason it isn't being done is because Microsoft requires an invasive port of xbox live in order to do cross platform and Sony is obviously not willing to give their competitor their source code to do it. But wouldn't be an issue if Warframe had dedicated servers instead of us hosting.

That's what I read a few places at least. So, there's no one to petition to fix the situation except DE getting dedicated servers, if it's true.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I've read that the reason it isn't being done is because Microsoft requires an invasive port of xbox live in order to do cross platform and Sony is obviously not willing to give their competitor their source code to do it. But wouldn't be an issue if Warframe had dedicated servers instead of us hosting.

That's what I read a few places at least. So, there's no one to petition to fix the situation except DE getting dedicated servers, if it's true.

Yeah no, them having dedicated servers to host everything across all platforms would probably require a complete rewrite of all of our network code, definitely cost a fortune, and probably would not improve pings for the vast majority of players in the game. That's just someone trying to shoehorn a ridiculous demand into a justifiable one to get what they mistakenly think would be a good thing.

Cross-Play and Cross-Save cannot be a thing unless the Consoles come into agreement.

All account migrations have happened from PC to Console, never the other way around or in between consoles, SONY, Microsoft and Nintendo will not want to lose potential earnings from their system shops, so obviously they wont risk giving their competitors more players then they will be getting back, its just a gamble the company's wont take imo, so dont have your hopes up.

17 hours ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

Cross-Play and Cross-Save cannot be a thing unless the Consoles come into agreement.

All account migrations have happened from PC to Console, never the other way around or in between consoles, SONY, Microsoft and Nintendo will not want to lose potential earnings from their system shops, so obviously they wont risk giving their competitors more players then they will be getting back, its just a gamble the company's wont take imo, so dont have your hopes up.

its really is a shame how money hungry these companies are

warframe isn't as big of a game as , for example, overwatch or r6 siege and these companies are scouring for every penny they can get

my issue is that the devs havent made a definite decision, i would be fine not playing if they decide to turn down and forget about cross save but they havent, some clarity from them would been nice

1 hour ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

warframe isn't as big of a game as , for example, overwatch or r6 siege and these companies are scouring for every penny they can get

my issue is that the devs havent made a definite decision, i would be fine not playing if they decide to turn down and forget about cross save but they havent, some clarity from them would been nice

They said that they want it. 

But wanting it isn't the same as being able to just do it right now. They hope that they will be able to do it in the future. 

Doesn't get much clearer than that. 

It's not necessarily entirely in DE's hands at this point so there may not be a definitive answer for them to give.

A couple notes to potentially consider:

Sony have opened up PS4 cross platform access to all developers in late 2019.

It's possible that all consoles and PC need to be on the same updates for cross platform to work, or at least better.

The owning companies could play a role in regards to income, deals with other companies etc., and since Leyou tech has been in the process of being sold, it could have an impact on when and what happens until the deal was solidified and things are back to normal. I mean, I have no idea, it's entirely speculation, but I think it's entirely possible with my lack of knowledge on how a business is run.

5 hours ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

As stated by the above comments, the issue isnt whit DE

DE has already stated that they would like for it to be an option, as for DE, whatever platform you are on will earn them money, specially on PC where Tennogen works completely different and is much less free compared to consoles, the issue will always be on the fact that DE has a contract whit the platforms and they cannot break it.

There is also a massive issue whit Warframe being a cross platform, which is the fact that the game would need to get the SAME updated every single time at the same time, and from what I believe DE makes the update for PC and then adapts it for the Consoles, so even if DE releases updates at the same time like Deimos, chances are that the coding is different, I believe DE would first need to fix this before even thinking about Cross-Platforming, hell, Consoles have had a unfinished Keyboard comparability function for the game as a PC leftover for ages now, hence why I wont bet on DE actually working cross-platform out that soon.

18 hours ago, (PS4)I_I_Hope_I_I said:

As stated by the above comments, the issue isnt whit DE

DE has already stated that they would like for it to be an option, as for DE, whatever platform you are on will earn them money, specially on PC where Tennogen works completely different and is much less free compared to consoles, the issue will always be on the fact that DE has a contract whit the platforms and they cannot break it.

There is also a massive issue whit Warframe being a cross platform, which is the fact that the game would need to get the SAME updated every single time at the same time, and from what I believe DE makes the update for PC and then adapts it for the Consoles, so even if DE releases updates at the same time like Deimos, chances are that the coding is different, I believe DE would first need to fix this before even thinking about Cross-Platforming, hell, Consoles have had a unfinished Keyboard comparability function for the game as a PC leftover for ages now, hence why I wont bet on DE actually working cross-platform out that soon.

22 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

They said that they want it. 

But wanting it isn't the same as being able to just do it right now. They hope that they will be able to do it in the future. 

Doesn't get much clearer than that. 

ah, i shouldve specified, i know about DE, im blaming Xbox and PS

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Doesn't make a significant difference for our purposes. 🤷‍♂️

Yes it does. The fact that you don't notice that means your part in the discussion is meaningless. I made the distinctions for a reason.

1 hour ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

i would actually pay for a chance to cross save just once

Most of us would, but it's not really up to DE, and the problem is that the platforms know that we'll pay them MANY times, if they don't let us switch, and if they do let us, we'll pay someone else many times.

20 minutes ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

Yes it does. The fact that you don't notice that means your part in the discussion is meaningless. I made the distinctions for a reason.

Dude, you wan't a way to "save" your progress so that you can use it "across" on a different platform. The distinctions are fine and dandy, but the end result is the same, the platforms have to allow us to "cross" over onto another platform, with our progress. If you can't grasp why that's going to face the same hurdles, then yeah, the discussion would be pretty meaningless. 🤷‍♂️

Hell, I'd give up all of my PS4-exclusives and agree to ONLY buy plat on my parent device (the PS4) if it meant I could cross-progress on PC.

The only thing that's keeping me from investing more time (and MONEY, DE, COUGH COUGH) on my PC account are my Riven's and vaulted items on PS4. And PS4 Warframe's performance lately has been... sorely lacking. Frame rate issues, seizing completely when moving between Open Worlds and their respective social spaces... I love the game, I just wish I could, you know... PLAY IT?

I guess I'll just keep messing around with the PC account for now, see how far I can get without Platinum at all. No plans to drop cash on a game that barely works, or an account without all my stuff on it.

I can't help but feel this is related to the walled garden app markets lawsuit that Epic is raising against Apple and Google. If Epic wins that lawsuit, I imagine the same sorts of claims could be made about the exclusivity of game play on Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft consoles.

5 hours ago, nslay said:

I can't help but feel this is related to the walled garden app markets lawsuit that Epic is raising against Apple and Google. If Epic wins that lawsuit, I imagine the same sorts of claims could be made about the exclusivity of game play on Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft consoles.

De isnt as big as epic, which means that microsoft,sony and nintendo shouldnt have a problem with cross save, but they so greedy for every $ that it doesnt matter

5 minutes ago, (XB1)RazorMuffin03 said:

De isnt as big as epic, which means that microsoft,sony and nintendo shouldnt have a problem with cross save, but they so greedy for every $ that it doesnt matter

It doesn't have to be DE that raises that challenge if Epic wins that lawsuit. Do you think cross save is a Warframe-only issue?

EDIT: P.S. Epic are the good guys in that law suit. I hope they win... and if they win, I hope another company tears down these console platform walls that don't actually exist. There is no good technical reason why cross save or even cross play aren't possible... except for greed and walled gardens.

so many pple r against cross platform, but its funny gameinformer had a article in it about ALL EXCEPT SONY 

agreeing to crossplatform quite funny that im the only one who ever noticed. or there r others but have decided to stay quiet. regardless crossplatform wont b a thing till sony gets their collective heads out of their rears that any, ANY progress in these things can happen. cross saves nice but like everything theres always the ones who make it difficult

Archived