The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Save / Cross Play / Cross Platform / Cross Progress / Account Transfer / Account Migration Megathread

(PSN)CagzJohn06

9 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

It improves player access should they

1. Own multiple platforms

2. Buy new platforms

3. Have a device kick the bucket

For the game developer, it is about player retention. 

A simple question to ask about possible barriers for players is... how likely is a player to start over on a new platform?

For instance,

If my ps4 died today, I may want to replace it.  Meanwhile I have a nintendo switch and a pc.  I certainly would not restart an account on a different platform, but if I could continue my account on one I already own, I may very likely keep playing warframe.

That is why others (example Destiny 2) have enabled cross save.

Don't bring in other games. It's not that easy to compare the differen situations of two differen games. It's also about the company behind a game. How big is it? How much money does the company have and so on.
DE is a rather small company. They have no way in putting pressure on Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo. And don't forget that these companies get cuts form plat-sales on their platform. Why would they want to have customers leave their platform?
This whole "migration/Cross-save"-thing isn't just on DE like you are putting it.

2 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Prob could see another PC to console migration but remains to be seen .

Not very likely.
Migrations took place so the new platform got populated quicker with experienced players to help the new players on that platform.
The release of the new consoles doesn't mean there will be Warframe on a new platform. PS5 is still the same Warframe as PS4. Same with Xbox.
There will still be just 4 versions of the game, not 6...

8 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Don't bring in other games. It's not that easy to compare the differen situations of two differen games. It's also about the company behind a game. How big is it? How much money does the company have and so on.
DE is a rather small company. They have no way in putting pressure on Sony or Microsoft or Nintendo. And don't forget that these companies get cuts form plat-sales on their platform. Why would they want to have customers leave their platform?
This whole "migration/Cross-save"-thing isn't just on DE like you are putting it.

The other game I mentioned serves all these platforms and implemented it for this very reason.  So bringing it up is absolutely valid and shows it can be done (of which was also mentioned in a dev stream).

Its not really a company size issue (which is just an excuse), more likely an account database architect and agreements between the platform owners and how in game sales are handled.  The fact it is already in place elsewhere and not the first to negotiate it should make it less complex and easier to navigate.  Whether the terms are acceptable, is a whole different matter.

No one is saying its easy, but others have shown that these marketplaces are open to it as solutions have been found elsewhere.

Regardless my post was in response to what does it solve.  For which I did not put it on DE's shoulders.  Just merely pointed at existance proof.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

In b4 that's a really far fetched idea and you seem out of touch with how contracts work. 

Depends on whether the contract has a renewal date. You really think DE would sign their life away with an agreement that possesses an effective period of 'indefinite'?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

(which is just an excuse)

And this is always the funniest thing to read. As if you knew exactly how all these things do work...
It's not an exuse at all. Do you really think an indie developer could put the same pressure on other companies like for example Epic Games? If you were to believe that, then I don't know how to continue on...

13 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

Its not really a company size issue (which is just an excuse), more likely an account database architect and agreements between the platform owners and how in game sales are handled. 

No, its a bargaining power issue, which is almost always low for companies that are relatively small. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

The other game I mentioned serves all these platforms and implemented it for this very reason.

The problems you seem to have overlooked don't exist in Destiny 2. In that game, everyone is on the same exact version, any in-game events are the same across all platforms. Warframe does not have this synchronicity. Every Baro visit is a different relay for each platform, different Balor/Razorback progress, different invasions/sorties/arbitrations, different game versions.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Menetius said:

Depends on whether the contract has a renewal date. You really think DE would sign their life away with an agreement that possesses an effective period of 'indefinite'?

Yes. We're talking about a company that most publishing houses believed had a really good chance of going bust really early on. Getting on the consoles and gaining access to the customer base would have been a very, very important factor in making those decisions, and the platforms would have wanted something in return. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

And this is always the funniest thing to read. As if you knew exactly how all these things do work...
It's not an exuse at all. Do you really think an indie developer could put the same pressure on other companies like for example Epic Games? If you were to believe that, then I don't know how to continue on...

Your missing the point.  So don't worry, no reason for you to carry on.

Devs mentioned it in the last stream, so it is on their radar.  When/if, is ultimately between them and the platforms.

My point was simply that cross save does provide tangible value to player retention.  Especially for games that are expected to last 10+ year (longer than most device lifetimes).

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yes. We're talking about a company that most publishing houses believed had a really good chance of going bust really early on. Getting on the consoles and gaining access to the customer base would have been a very, very important factor in making those decisions, and the platforms would have wanted something in return. 

Admittedly, I never played Dark Sector, and I came into Warframe around the release of the Sacrifice patch, so I'm unfamiliar with DE's rough start. Renegotiation is off the table, then, which kinda sucks.

Here's hoping the Ensmallening™ helps the PS4 version perform better, because the game as a whole is very close to unplayable for me at the moment, and Deimos literally IS unplayable. In fact, since the content release, ALL open worlds crash whenever moving between their social spaces and the open area itself (meaning missions auto-fail which sucks), and I was really hoping to get a Dreadnought Necramech of my own. I own a non-Pro PS4, so that may have something to do with it. Not keen on buying a PS5 JUST for Warframe, either, and there's no other starting titles that pique my interest. Guess I'm a fringe case, which means I'm SoL.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)TheWanderer17 said:

My point was simply that cross save does provide tangible value to player retention.  Especially for games that are expected to last 10+ year (longer than most device lifetimes).

Only if there don't arise any problems from cross save. 
You listed some rather minor advantages. It all depends on the risks that come with the whole process...

7 hours ago, (XB1)CI shadow2397 said:

Not really because they all have the game so neither is having some exclusive source of revenue from it like halo. Cross play could happen but aside from getting company approval they would also have to slow down OC updates to match with console versions which DE has stated they are going to do any time soon

cross save> cross play

2 hours ago, (PS4)Menetius said:

Admittedly, I never played Dark Sector, and I came into Warframe around the release of the Sacrifice patch, so I'm unfamiliar with DE's rough start. Renegotiation is off the table, then, which kinda sucks.

Here's hoping the Ensmallening™ helps the PS4 version perform better, because the game as a whole is very close to unplayable for me at the moment, and Deimos literally IS unplayable. In fact, since the content release, ALL open worlds crash whenever moving between their social spaces and the open area itself (meaning missions auto-fail which sucks), and I was really hoping to get a Dreadnought Necramech of my own. I own a non-Pro PS4, so that may have something to do with it. Not keen on buying a PS5 JUST for Warframe, either, and there's no other starting titles that pique my interest. Guess I'm a fringe case, which means I'm SoL.

The game is nearly unplayable, and,Deimos is literally unplayable? 

How so? Because I'm at max rank with both Deimos syndicates, and was happily running public Iso Vaults earlier today and mucking about in OV. And each time I loaded into a busy instance of either Fortuna or the Necralisk.

I also don't own a PS4 pro, I'm rocking an original (fat) PS4 so I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with it. 

Might want to look at your connection to the Internet, and maybe think about cleaning the cooling system. 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The game is nearly unplayable, and,Deimos is literally unplayable? 

How so? Because I'm at max rank with both Deimos syndicates, and was happily running public Iso Vaults earlier today and mucking about in OV. And each time I loaded into a busy instance of either Fortuna or the Necralisk.

I also don't own a PS4 pro, I'm rocking an original (fat) PS4 so I'm pretty sure that doesn't have anything to do with it. 

Might want to look at your connection to the Internet, and maybe think about cleaning the cooling system. 🤷‍♂️

Already looked at both, twice: once on my own, and once at Zendesk's behest. No luck.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Menetius said:

Already looked at both, twice: once on my own, and once at Zendesk's behest. No luck.

Well I dunno what to say, Tenno. But I can guarantee that my original PS4 runs it no problem. The fan kicks onto high in the Drift, and OV too, but that's about it. I have run enough missions to rank up the entire way, and buy almost every non-cosmetic blueprint being offered in Deimos gotta get a pile of the new minerals and gems to build all of them and get some more Grangran tokens. 

I've done some long endless missions, and more Isolation Vaults than I would care to count. So whatever is plaguing you isn't a universal problem. 

Come to think of it, I do have the hard drive almost totally empty other than warframe. I have a large external hard drive on it and let most stuff install there instead. 

Warframe cross Save is near impossible. Way more hard than cross play.

They will need to change the entire market (and trade) system.

Sony will never allow you to buy Inaros Prime Acess on Xbox and use it on Playstation, and vice versa.

Slots, Warframes, weapons, resources, platinum... jesus...imagine the pain!

That's why games should only have cosmetics sold for "real money".

1 minute ago, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

Sony will never allow you to buy Inaros Prime Acess on Xbox and use it on Playstation, and vice versa.

Just make platinum non transferrable between platforms. Simple.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Navalhabr said:

cross save between consoles isnt the issue

the issue is wanting to move from console to pc because pc wf is leagues better than consoles(graphics and flexibility wise)

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)guzmantt1977:

How can they have "cross save" if they are on the same platform? That's like claiming that original PS4, Slim PS4 and PS4 Pro have cross play. 

The point is that, contrary to the claims of certain consoleros here, Valve doesn't care whether all purchases for a game that's played on their system go through them. Sorry guys, it's not everyone. What Sony does isn't "just like Valve". It's really just your platform. Deal with it.

Just now, Krankbert said:

The point is that, contrary to the claims of certain consoleros here, Valve doesn't care whether all purchases for a game that's played on their system go through them. Sorry guys, it's not everyone. It's just your platform.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion? They don't have a monopoly on the PC games market, so they know that they can't force people to stay on Steam. Sony has an absolute monopoly on the PS4, just like Microsoft and Nintendo do for their platforms. "Cross-save" and "cross-play" apply when we're talking about one platform to a completely different platform. 

Archived