Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon Twitch Stream: Trivia feedback

Aceofgods

An hour of trivia is perhaps the cringiest thing I have seen, not only from Warframe, but the entire year. Megan clicked "Random Page" on the wiki for a few minutes and came up with the most obscure facts of the most obscure content she could find, and made it worse with idle conversation between questions. This is made all the worse by having it in the 2nd most important timeslot - the hour before Tennolive reveal. If it wasn't for the excitement I felt for the new content, I would have left the stream after the first two questions. The only scrap of good that comes from this is the implementation of a Twitch extension to engage the users, and while a trivia extension isn't the best, I would love to see similar features in the future.

Please, DE. Do not do this again in a primary stream - especially not a Tennocon stream - in the future. This sort of thing has as smaller niche than sharkwing. I got in the top 10% of answers, and still hated it. Shame the rewards aren't percentile based.

Yeah, the trivia was ok, except for that last question.  The text was so small, it was hard to determine which was the correct spelling to tap.  That was a really crappy thing to do.

Also, the popup never happened.  Why should you need the popup at all?  If it is part of twitch, and your twitch account is linked, shouldn't it be automatic?

I certainly didn't know the answers, players newer than me had no chance at all, and the worst thing for me... The thing that really frustrated me the most, not that it would have mattered, is that the questions would pop up asking, "What animation is this?" or "What skin is this?" Or "What monster is this?" Or whatever they were, and the video/picture/media would show up after the timer had counted down to zero points already, and like long after.

I thought it was strange she was reading the questions after the timer was out, but thought maybe it was an intentional delay because the guy on camera was going to be giving answers (as a bit of a lark, sure). But, then when the media wasn't showing up until after the questions' timers are done, I had less than no chance.

Am Reposting this from another forum Post since this is specific to Trivia Section

Ty DE for Tennocon 2020 , I enjoyed it and The Heart of the Swarm was awesome 😉

I would just like to give my feedback that I as all other players who had their Quiz twitch extension not working at All, are very Sad, I followed steps on PC , steps one didn't show me the grant permission, steps 2 didn't show at all there was no puzzle icon, I even downloaded the Twitch app on phone and on the 3 dots option menu it didn't have Link Identity but it had grant permission which also didn't work, And Also there was the Slow Chat , Had to try chat on the phone and I dunno if it worked or not.. but I think not

I was excitingly waiting to participate and get that participation loot I was even aiming for the top prizes But all of that is in the wind now :sadcry:, Honestly speaking here it was biggest buzz kill , it still left a taste even after all the good stuff

Also some constructive criticism here, I know that u guys were on the clock and u had to continue what u were doing in the Trivia , However I think u didn't have enough moderator setup as the vibe was that u guys just kept driving and ignored the masses, Please note then when alot of the community having issues while u guys continuing the show... Even understandably why... Gives the indication u guys out of touch with the community, So maybe a few ppl monitoring chat / even a dedicated channel on Discord  Server during the event for issues, with intervention planned if things go side ways will have a positive impact. That is all, Hope ur all in good health cheers

On 2020-08-01 at 11:13 PM, Gorgorex said:

The popup window after the trivia ended lasted for like 2 sec, had no time to write on it before it auto-closed... it didn't feel right after been watching the whole stream since it started at 12:30 ET today 😞

I've read DE official thread about the matter, gonna pass, maybe next year.

I tend to think trivia shows are supposed to be cringey and cheesey.

And of course the person doing the questions isn't the doctoral review board of warframe lore...

And yes, most people were there for participation trophies which was a smart idea to include.

Was it cheesey and dumb?  Absolutely, that's kinda the point.

I get that this is not for everyone, and frankly I could have done without it, but obviously plenty of people did enjoy it and had fun with it.

If it's not for you, just don't participate next year.

You do know you have the option to mute it and go do something else right?

I feel like you're trying to yuck someone else's yum, which is inadvisable.

With a game this big nothing is going to appeal to everyone and every single thing that happens is going to have someone that loves it and someone that hates it, some for the same reasons, some for different reasons.

Just let it be mang.  It's a silly trivia show, it doesn't need to be more than that and it fulfilled it's purpose (to engage with some people directly in the course of the show).

Archived