Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Remove the Orokin Derelict?

Feltal

I don't understand why the Orokin Derelict has to be removed just because the keys are being removed, as it would still function just fine as another "planet." It's one of the better tile sets in the game and is still needed for the Halloween event, Chains of Harrow quest, and Emissary missions (that I can recall off the top of my head right now). Removing it just seems to overcomplicate something that should be simple.

This is the worst part of the new update. I won't go too deep into the nostalgia aspect of it but it's a factor for some of us. Without the removal of the Orokin Derelict I'd even say the new update is a net positive for the game, but with this removal of Warframe heritage it just isn't. I guess the old dojo tiles are the only way we'll see it again.\

P.S. Where are we farming mutagen now?

1 minute ago, DrivaMain said:

They are being moved to Deimos. The only thing that is unique on the planet is Cambion Drift. Rest of the nodes are the derelict nodes.

Uh how is that possible? They wouldn't use the old tile set in combination with the new. They said on the stream the derelict is gone.

1 minute ago, Feltal said:

Uh how is that possible? They wouldn't use the old tile set in combination with the new. They said on the stream the derelict is gone.

I think it is possible. Let's look at Earth or Venus... PoE or Orb Vallies indeed looked very different from the rest of the tileset on the respective planets.

So yes, be prepare to be disappointed that only the open world is new. lmao

1 minute ago, kyori said:

I think it is possible. Let's look at Earth or Venus... PoE or Orb Vallies indeed looked very different from the rest of the tileset on the respective planets.

So yes, be prepare to be disappointed that only the open world is new. lmao

I wouldn't be disappointed. This is a pro-derelict post. It just doesn't seem that way from what they said.

Just now, Feltal said:

I wouldn't be disappointed. This is a pro-derelict post. It just doesn't seem that way from what they said.

They said that the derelict is gone. However, I don't recall them mentioning the tileset in itself, did they.

I mean... can you explain to me what the seven non-open-world mission nodes on Deimos are? Did somehow DE explain it? Did they confirm it is not the pre-existing infested Orokin tileset?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-08-03 at 10:47 AM, Feltal said:

Any final words on this topic? 🙂

May I suggest "lol you guys were right, silly me"?

On 2020-08-03 at 4:21 AM, Wyrmius_Prime said:

It's even stranger considering people have been asking for public matchmaking for it ever since the entire place was released. It really does seem stupid to get rid of it.

What are you talking about "public matchmaking" for the derelict missions, This has been available for at least 4-5 years (as long as I've been playing) co-op works just fine.

On 2020-08-03 at 4:17 AM, Feltal said:

I don't understand why the Orokin Derelict has to be removed just because the keys are being removed, as it would still function just fine as another "planet." It's one of the better tile sets in the game and is still needed for the Halloween event, Chains of Harrow quest, and Emissary missions (that I can recall off the top of my head right now). Removing it just seems to overcomplicate something that should be simple.

This is the worst part of the new update. I won't go too deep into the nostalgia aspect of it but it's a factor for some of us. Without the removal of the Orokin Derelict I'd even say the new update is a net positive for the game, but with this removal of Warframe heritage it just isn't. I guess the old dojo tiles are the only way we'll see it again.\

P.S. Where are we farming mutagen now?

[sarcasm]

Yep.  DE is not aware that various warframe parts and drops are located in the Derelict missions. Nor are they aware that most of the palstids and nano spores and mutagen drop from the Derelict.  So they are removing the Derelict and replaing it with the new open world coming with the Heart of Deimos release a week from now, but have not thought about your conerns as to whjere to collect the existing resources at all.  I supoose they will retire all of those resources and components and so nobody will be able to get corrupted mods or collect nano spores or build Nekros ever again.  So anyone with a copy of Nekros - make sure you hold onto it as that frame will become a collector's item akin to Excalibur Prime. Then you can take it out and brag to all of your friends that don't have the base Nekros and show off your fancy mods that they can no longer get. No more halloween events because there will no longer be a spooky broken down tileset to have a decent halloween event anymore. Hell, the company that owns DE is likely selling to Tencent (a chinese multinational company that has knwon ties to the chinese government) might not even celebrate halloween, as it is a western holiday/tradition.  Nobody can collect harrow any longer either.  The horror. Oh yeah, players can do the quest that gets the Octavia, but will never be able to build her since they will not be able to get the Neuroptics. No more squad consumable restores or cipher keys to quick unlock.  The Derelict removal (and all of those resources) will tank half of the game.

[/end sarcasm

1 hour ago, uberfu said:

What are you talking about "public matchmaking" for the derelict missions, This has been available for at least 4-5 years (as long as I've been playing) co-op works just fine.

Public matchmaking means when you join a mission and randoms can automatically join you without invites. That hasn't been the case until recently in update 28.3, which moved the derelict and removed the keys for each specific mission type in preparation for the Heart of Deimos update.

On 2020-08-03 at 4:47 AM, Feltal said:

Both the Derelict and Deimos will be available.  Derelict is available to play without keys.  Sheesh next time wait until they actually tell us before jumping to conclusions people.

Archived