Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please do something about the void defence map lazers

FrigidMesa

too many  times have I run the defence arbitration for void just to have it wipe by some jerk or idiot using the laser to kill the defence target. I feel the lasers are just as outdated as the map is and something should be done about them. Perhaps it is time to just remove them entirely, or at the very least make them not capable of friendly fire.

I do think they are outdated, but they aren't without their use. Adding a delayed fire with warning mechanic for the players in the kill box should be sufficient. Just have it make your screen slowly flash red and a siren for 3 seconds before the laser goes off so you have time and awareness to jump out of the way.

vor 32 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Ozymandias-13-:

I do think they are outdated, but they aren't without their use. Adding a delayed fire with warning mechanic for the players in the kill box should be sufficient. Just have it make your screen slowly flash red and a siren for 3 seconds before the laser goes off so you have time and awareness to jump out of the way.

Issue is that the defense guy can die that way too. Sometimes you just can't get him out of there

16 minutes ago, --Q--Candy said:

Issue is that the defense guy can die that way too. Sometimes you just can't get him out of there

Right, Arbitration. I missed that part.

Well, make it impossible to activate when the target is within the kill box, and once it's activated the target is blocked off from going in their for the duration of the laser (like an invisible wall).

Suggestion:

• Take away the friendly fire. It just causes too many problems.
  • Make the laser last longer (do more laser sweeps before disabling). Or increase the laser's damage. As it is now it just feels as though it often fails to kill most of the mobs in the laser's path, especially against shielded or Eximus units. Making the laser do more sweeps or deal more damage could help either enable them to kill these enemies or at the very least severely wound them so you can more easily finish them off. The increased damage is mostly to help with bigger enemies - it works alright against smaller enemies already. Also, if it does more laser sweeps, it has a bigger chance of killing enemies that were knocked down during the initial sweep and thus were not hit.
  • To compensate for increased killing power, increase the laser's cooldown. This also forces you to use the laser more strategically - do you use it now to kill this huge group of smaller enemies or do you keep it for bigger enemies?

Archived