The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe movie?

(XBOX)Ancient Mutt

It would be impossible to do a live-action movie of this thing. Too much weirdness and strange stuff for the general public. And too expensive.

What I could see are more cinematic cutscenes in-game (the new intro is f*cking amazing!) or an animated short of some kind.

It will expand the universe and fans (not complainers on the forums) would love it.

You know you could turn a decent teen dystopia trilogy on the backstory
 Ep 1: Zariman, from the zariman accident though to the first transference.
epp 2: Sen tent war, the old war and its fighting
epp 3: The sound of drums, the end, adapting to peace, climaxing at the cull of the orokin.

There are games that I can't stand that I look at their lore and say to myself "DAaaaaaaAaaAmn I wish they would make that into a movie!" 

I still kinda like Warframe but am in no way interested in a Warframe movie. Maybe if they kept their lore tighter and or didn't retcon it at the earliest mechanical convenience. Like the Venari lore was probably one of my all time favorites and that was just thrown under the bus as a total afterthought when they just sorta crammed Khora into the game. 

In addition just recounting watching the "new player experience:" back from that was first previewed and quite frankly that was such a giant sack of pretentious drivel that I can recall from recent memory..... If that's what we'd have to look forward to, I wouldn't even carve out space on my DvR for a Warframe movie when it hit broadcast. 

FWcOcfI.gif

Remember Warcrafts movie? 12 years to get made, had a lifetime of hundred million registered accounts. It didn't break even.

Remember the Doom movie?

DetailedBoringHumpbackwhale-size_restricted.gif

No the other one.

tenor.gif

The other, other one.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTben8lcoIwgBjgdaY71xwO9aveaiTbokdtXJmszJla2bn6S8Z4

Last year? Low budget? no? Mmm.

Its a fool's errand to get involved in feature-length films, unless someone else puts up the funds.

12 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Remember Warcrafts movie? 12 years to get made, had a lifetime of hundred million registered accounts. It didn't break even.

It was so horrible i couldn't even watch half of it. (same with the Witcher series)

At least Transformers managed to put me to sleep.

I think DE would at least ramp up the meme factor up to 100 if they were to make a z category movie, it could be legendary.

I'm not saying they should do it, but they should do it.

Yes, I'd like a WF movie, but not like you were thinking.

Let it be CG just like they've done with the trailers.  

To be honest... I think DE could do it, but it may be better to do 5-10 minute online episodes. 

I doubt people will recall the anime sponsored by Cartoon Networked called IGPX.  The inital first ep was released in 5 minute chunks, and after that first ep was released, they must have went back to the drawing board because what they came back with and put into full production was very different and much better.  I bring this up because DE might beable to do something similar.

Archived