Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stuck while fishing in Deimos

von_Alfheim

Doing a bump once again, as I just had my entire 5 hour fishing and mining expedition invalidated into nothingness. No earnings, nothing. I don't think I'm ever working on Deimos again until someone gets off their rear to fix this, as its NEVER happened anywhere else in the system.

Yep can confirm still happening.

Like your spear gets thrown into a complete randomdirection and than nothing works. Unstuck doesn't work either.

Only thing you can do is ALT+F4 or abort the mission which will cost you ALL the progress you made.

gods... this STILL happen?!?

am i glad i don't have to fish there anymore... at least until some new NW challenge pops up, 'forcing' us to do it in the drift (likely that's why there wasn't such for now - they DO know the fishing there is bugged to hell and back)

Dear  #*!%ing god, 4  months and there's still no fix for this, or at least a work around like unstuck actually working on it.  3 attempts to get the damn flagellocanth (which are another issue with their magic dodges and hit box bullS#&$) and I've gotten frozen within 5 minutes each time.

I didn't quote a DE member to 'get before you'. I did that, because i am tired that people are almost wasting their time playing Warframe.

10 hours ago, GrazeZeroLow said:

Its just Deimos, but you get stuck in OV and the Plains too.

All the more reason to get their attention, the provided information may lead to a potential fix. If i have to lose face, just to get some Tenno keep their hard earned loot, i wouldn't mind being told to go elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Happened to me as well twice, one after the other in one play session. Went fishing with loki, after like 5 - 10 minutes my frame gets stuck. I can't move, can only look around while having the spari fishing spear equipped and only esc button works to bring down the menu to abort the mission. The only thing that helped is when my frame was killed by some enemies. 

Le 26/08/2020 à 01:20, Sydeon13 a dit :

I was fishing using the first Deimos' fishing spear (forgot it's name) in the Drift. After something about 30 minutes of fishing, the spear animation simply stopped halfway and the warframe's arm started to tremble and I was unable to do anything. Activating the ESC menu stopped the animation bug, but I was stuck. I couldn't open the inventory, use transference, keep fishing nor move. The "/unstuck" command also didn't works in this situation.

Le 26/08/2020 à 02:23, xanaxQc a dit :

Can confirm after dealing with the same issue.

Le 26/08/2020 à 03:04, Entropy11 a dit :

I have the same issue and after a 3 hour farming session this really really hurts =(Wg38RDA.jpg

Le 26/08/2020 à 21:13, HisokaXEveryone a dit :

Same, please fix this DE.

Also, while we're talking about bugs like this, please give us a /kill command so we can kill ourselves if some kind of major bug happens. That might fix things, the way jumping into a pit sometimes helps with other bugs.

Le 27/08/2020 à 04:40, GodModeFrame a dit :

Just had the same bug - lost all the stuff i hunted, mined, fished and looted. Felt so "happy" to just stand there, unable to do anything.

Le 28/08/2020 à 16:28, Laura-Reyes a dit :

Yes, The same issue. Everything normal with the others Spears but as soon as I use the new one I get stuck :S

Le 29/08/2020 à 10:37, Myrvair a dit :

Happened here too. Twice. It all went kinda downhill around this place in the log:

That followed by crapload of strings of "Unable to run 'SetWeapon'" repeated whenever I attempt to throw the fishing spear. Log before then seems to be alright with the exception of these warnings:

Le 29/08/2020 à 14:16, Geargoyle42 a dit :

Same bug just hit me. Really hurts when the bounty I ran during that session rewarded me the Xaku Systems. I was so upset I just hit alt-F4 so I'm probably boned on getting anything at this point. I guess I'll go either fishing alone or go do everything but fish until this is resolved.

Serious bummer.

Le 29/08/2020 à 15:13, Nomad4289 a dit :

Similar experience to OP.  Happened to me only with the Spari spear, have not acquired the other Entrati spear.  Used Lanzo, Peram, and Stunna spears with no problems.  Once my frame locks up, I can only aim and rotate in place.  Tried fishing for some of the rarer breeds, but they don't seem to want to leave the exocrine.  Can't collect these varieties until this gets fixed.  Can't switch to weapons, quick melee, archwing, operator, scanners, gear wheel.  Can't change spears, bait, or dye/pharoma.  Rooted to one spot.  /unstuck nonfunctional, abort required.

Le 30/08/2020 à 05:46, Nakkus a dit :

Same happened to me with Ivara after an hour of gathering. Unstuck is unhelpful.

Le 30/08/2020 à 10:31, Ginmok a dit :

Same problem, using the new spear, unable to move, only thing my frame can do is aim, cant even shoot the fish. Hurts after doing bounties and gathering stuff for almost 2 hours and its all lost ;( Unable to access anything and unstuck just made my frame do a little hop in place.

Le 23/01/2021 à 10:33, RaVeNMS a dit :

Just happened to me as well

Il y a 1 heure, Ritrough a dit :

Happened to me as well twice, one after the other in one play session. Went fishing with loki, after like 5 - 10 minutes my frame gets stuck. I can't move, can only look around while having the spari fishing spear equipped and only esc button works to bring down the menu to abort the mission. The only thing that helped is when my frame was killed by some enemies. 

Happened couples times to me in the past couple days....

hmmm.... this still is an issue? i had this (luckily only once, but i don't need to go fishing anymore - except if NW would 'force' me to do) right after releas of deimos once and lost a bloody lot of not only fishes but also hunting tags and tons of gems/metal that i farmed for over an hour then...

my adive: never go fishing after you done other farming.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-08-26 at 1:20 AM, Sydeon13 said:

I was fishing using the first Deimos' fishing spear (forgot it's name) in the Drift. After something about 30 minutes of fishing, the spear animation simply stopped halfway and the warframe's arm started to tremble and I was unable to do anything. Activating the ESC menu stopped the animation bug, but I was stuck. I couldn't open the inventory, use transference, keep fishing nor move. The "/unstuck" command also didn't works in this situation.

That's on-and-off-again bug, that's been affecting every open world. 

I hard boot out of the game, log back on, and find I still have my fish up to when I became stuck.

I have no idea if that will help everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, El_Maighel said:

march 2021 and this bug still happening

Correct, it's even happening to me as well, I rarely suffer bugs to that extent in-game. :(

I just close my game then log back in fast and I still have all the stuff I got while out in Diemos.

Am 28.2.2021 um 21:12 schrieb LillyRaccune:

A temporary fix is available. While stuck in the animation lock, open your Gearwheel and activate your Codex Scanner, then swap weapons. That's how I fix myself.

This did not work for me as I was not able to open the gearwheel.

Archived