Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need a better /unstuck please

Rioma

I can't remember the last time I used /unstuck or when someone got stuck and they said they used it that it actually worked. I remember in the past it would work well but ever since these open worlds got added /unstuck has been more and more unreliable. I've recently had more bad experiences with it than good so we need some kind of change please.

-The new fishing bug where you get stuck only aiming: /unstuck doesn't work

-Getting on your k drive in Cambion Drift or Orb Vallis and just falling through the world: /unstuck doesn't work

-Falling through the world in general: /unstuck doesn't work

-Loading into a game and being stuck in an elevator shaft or above the ceiling: sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

So: Can we get another command? Like /respawn or /resettostart or something? 

Agreed. A command which would reload our character to their default state would be nice. I have a tendency to soft-lock myself when using my Archgun, for instance. I have my Synthesis Scanner on F1 and my Archgun on F2. If I fat-finger my controls and press both buttons at once (as a client), it puts me in a broken state where I can't shoot or melee until I die. Given that I play Inaros, that's not always possible. Being able to input a slash command which would reset my character's state would help a lot there.

I recall one case (on several occasions) where it didn't work. What happens is I'm stuck in a limping sideways animation reminiscent of Inaros' agile. Had no directional control, could move camera, slide was literally the only in-frame thing I could do up till I hit a wall, transfer-out put Operator into same problem, transfer-in may not have been operable, and unstuck put me back into the frame...in the same problem. And then there's the cooldown before unstuck can be reused.

1 hour ago, SuspiciousCrow said:

I agreed.
Maybe even a /bug command.
Where it could close the client after mission, and you could send a bug report with some session data attached.

Failing missions because you literally can't do anything of use is infuriating.

I would prefer /bug command working in-game (no restart needed).

Would work like:

Spoiler

/bug Frame is locked, unable to do anything but move!

/bug Abilities stopped working

/bug Cannot unstuck myself

/bug My weapon does not work anymore!

/bug My screen is all white, cannot see anything!

This way game can dump mission data from client and send it with report, i'm sure that this debug data can help a lot with client-related errors.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-08-30 at 8:07 PM, Rioma said:

-Loading into a game and being stuck in an elevator shaft or above the ceiling: sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't

This... if only door were opened.

On 2020-08-30 at 11:22 PM, Steel_Rook said:

Agreed. A command which would reload our character to their default state would be nice.

And some good position that you can finish the mission within e.g. 20m from your current position.

On 2020-08-31 at 12:47 PM, SuspiciousCrow said:

Maybe even a /bug command.
Where it could close the client after mission, and you could send a bug report with some session data attached.

No need to close the client if you can just restart missions. In rare cases where you cannot ESC but you can chat-type then it doesn't have to close the client. We can do it ourselves. I would rather "bug + go back to orbiter" options.

I know it's not exactly a solution, and it's in itself a risk of falling through the entire world perhaps.. but you can jump on your k-drive when you get the fishing bug and it should sort itself (saw it on aunge's stream). Perhaps deploying the archwing might work better if it does the same thing to fix you.

On 2020-08-30 at 8:07 PM, Rioma said:

So: Can we get another command? Like /respawn or /resettostart or something? 

A "Kill Me" function is something I would like....

In my experience...getting Killed can fix alot if things that Unstuck simply cannot. And having the option to Commit Suicide on Command is something I would like.

Naturally they are bugs so bad they they even prevent your from using the Chat Window so I don't want my Suicide Request being Tied to that like Unstuck is

Archived