Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deimos: 100%-0% due to SURPRISE! GAS PROC!

OricSharp

For the most part, I quite like Heart of Deimos. The Infested are my favorite faction, and I'm glad to see them getting new stuff. The new Infested weapons are neat - really digging the Zymos, especially. What I don't like is one very specific thing about the Jugulus and the existence of the Tendril Drone.

Deimos Jugulus: Look at the title. Now back to this. You've got a gas proc! Look at the title. Now back to this. You've taken a massive amount of damage! Why!? There's a Jugulus peeking over a nearby hill.
Not even actually sure if the Jugulus is what does this, but it certainly appears to be related - I've never had this happen when there wasn't a Jugulus nearby. Usually one I hadn't realized was nearby (or existing at all) until suddenly I took a gas proc that did an insane amount of damage, killing my frame within seconds in most cases. I often have Rapid Resilience on, or it'd be even more often.*
This is the only thing about the Jugulus that I'd say needs looked at, especially because of how hideously strong it is when it scales up a bit.

Deimos Tendril Drone: why is this even a thing, it just yeets itself onto my face out of nowhere like a bargain-bin facehugger weeping angel hybrid and dies instantly when i roll

These both boil down to what I think of sniper enemies, especially in PvE - they're just not satisfying. There's no sense of "Yeah, I deserved that," or even "Oh, I see what happened."
The Jugulus really epitomizes this, with its out-of-nowhere, high-damage Gas procs that I still can't actually be sure come from it and not something else. It kills me, and I don't even know it's there until it's already inflicted the proc that usually kills me.*
The Tendril drone is similar; it shoots some lasers sometimes, and then it flings itself onto your face for no real benefit - because all you have to do is roll to remove it, at which point it dies anyway. It nullifies abilities and scrambles the map, sure, but it also falls off and dies as soon as you roll once. Why even bother?

*I went into the Simulacrum before posting this and spawned a Jugulus. It's the one doing the gas procs. I'm just leaving this as it is because it helps demonstrate the "Wait, what?" nature of it. The attack the Jugulus uses to inflict the Gas procs is able to wipe 844 Shields in one hit (at level 40, the level of those encountered during the Iso vault bounties), fires rapidly, arcs around cover, returns to the Jugulus, inflicts Slash procs (which I've been immune to because of an Arcane, so I've been reliably dying to only one of the two procs the attack has!?), and only explodes into a gas cloud sometimes. Haven't been able to nail down why it does or if it's just random. Seemed like it triggered every time I used Iron Skin after firing, but before impact.

Yeah, I spotted one them giving me a Slash/Gas proc combo, dropped most of my health in a second but I switched to Operator quick enough to ride it out.  I'm pretty sure this is responsible for most of the surprise bounty failures I've had where Garv or Latrox Une have gone from looking fine to wiped out in an instant.  Quite concerning in Isolation Vaults since Loid & Otak have Infested health according to the Simaris Scanner, making them extra susceptible to Slash and Gas.

I wouldn't mind it as much if the audio cue for the attack is much stronger. Like those flying face-hugger thingies, there should be a very sharp/noticeable warning that a life-ending attack is approaching you. Those Jugulus attacks are really, really slow, and they don't really hurt you if you keep moving. The problem is that you usually don't notice them attacking if they're far away and you're fighting a lot of other enemies at the same time.

just.. bullet jump and approach it quick, keep your eyes peeled.

I do Steel Path Deimos, it's not as terrible as you're making it out to be. I got swarmed by 2 Drones at once and I didn't die. I actually rolled sideways to avoid their projectiles after listening to their "fire" sound fx and retaliated with small bursts of bullets. Worked for me :)

I was never one shot by it, but with ~3k armor it can tick for like 250 damage per sec. 

btw, not only Jugulus procs are bugged, all procs are bugged. All of them. It is very evident on the steel path. On top of my head, slash from the Graineer guys with shields. Infested ancients. Also toxin procs from some infested. Most broken proc is from a Graineer unit in Kuva fortress, but not sure which one. That ticks for like 600 damage.

No worries though. DE will note it and fix it ASAP (somewhere in the next 3-5 years).

52 minutes ago, rikimaru6811 said:

after listening to their "fire" sound fx

They have a firing sound? That's news to me.

52 minutes ago, rikimaru6811 said:

retaliated with small bursts of bullets

As though small amounts of anything would work on the bloated stats of an at-launch Open World enemy.

• 2 weeks later...

Came to the forum for exactly this issue. The jugulus gas-proc is way over-tuned compared to everything else (as far as I've experienced) on Deimos.

It can even bring down Garv and Latrox from (near-)full health in an incredibly short amount of time if you don't notice the jugulus asap, which can be a challenge with the amount of infested that continuously spawn and the potential range the jugulus might appear from.

The gas proc needs a serious nerf in damage.

I've had more trouble with Deimos Carnis myself, those Slash Procs seem to just ignore...well everything, I got one-shot from max health/shields as Umbra on it once...in a tier 1 vault run, as a note I did have a base amount of 880 shields on me so it wasn't the base 300 that it chunked through either.

As for the Jugulus...I personally think they spawn too often in bounties for how much DR they have, sure one good heavy attack from my Pennant melts them like butter, but seriously these things are just irritatingly durable.

Those flying facehuggers can get you killed on Steel Path bounties. 

I once took my Chroma out for a solo SP bounty and this guy latched onto my Chroma instantly removing his Vex Armor while there were a lot of mobs around.  Needless to say, I was soon dead. The same thing happened to my Revenant.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I've had more trouble with Deimos Carnis myself, those Slash Procs seem to just ignore...well everything, I got one-shot from max health/shields as Umbra on it once...in a tier 1 vault run, as a note I did have a base amount of 880 shields on me so it wasn't the base 300 that it chunked through either.

"It's dangerous to go alone! take this."

latest?cb=20181225172103

On 2020-09-01 at 9:37 PM, OricSharp said:

For the most part, I quite like Heart of Deimos. The Infested are my favorite faction, and I'm glad to see them getting new stuff. The new Infested weapons are neat - really digging the Zymos, especially. What I don't like is one very specific thing about the Jugulus and the existence of the Tendril Drone.

Deimos Jugulus: Look at the title. Now back to this. You've got a gas proc! Look at the title. Now back to this. You've taken a massive amount of damage! Why!? There's a Jugulus peeking over a nearby hill.
Not even actually sure if the Jugulus is what does this, but it certainly appears to be related - I've never had this happen when there wasn't a Jugulus nearby. Usually one I hadn't realized was nearby (or existing at all) until suddenly I took a gas proc that did an insane amount of damage, killing my frame within seconds in most cases. I often have Rapid Resilience on, or it'd be even more often.*
This is the only thing about the Jugulus that I'd say needs looked at, especially because of how hideously strong it is when it scales up a bit.

Deimos Tendril Drone: why is this even a thing, it just yeets itself onto my face out of nowhere like a bargain-bin facehugger weeping angel hybrid and dies instantly when i roll

These both boil down to what I think of sniper enemies, especially in PvE - they're just not satisfying. There's no sense of "Yeah, I deserved that," or even "Oh, I see what happened."
The Jugulus really epitomizes this, with its out-of-nowhere, high-damage Gas procs that I still can't actually be sure come from it and not something else. It kills me, and I don't even know it's there until it's already inflicted the proc that usually kills me.*
The Tendril drone is similar; it shoots some lasers sometimes, and then it flings itself onto your face for no real benefit - because all you have to do is roll to remove it, at which point it dies anyway. It nullifies abilities and scrambles the map, sure, but it also falls off and dies as soon as you roll once. Why even bother?

*I went into the Simulacrum before posting this and spawned a Jugulus. It's the one doing the gas procs. I'm just leaving this as it is because it helps demonstrate the "Wait, what?" nature of it. The attack the Jugulus uses to inflict the Gas procs is able to wipe 844 Shields in one hit (at level 40, the level of those encountered during the Iso vault bounties), fires rapidly, arcs around cover, returns to the Jugulus, inflicts Slash procs (which I've been immune to because of an Arcane, so I've been reliably dying to only one of the two procs the attack has!?), and only explodes into a gas cloud sometimes. Haven't been able to nail down why it does or if it's just random. Seemed like it triggered every time I used Iron Skin after firing, but before impact.

845 damage to shields? Pfft... the level 100 jugulas gas procs deals like 800 damage with 900 armor per tick. I am not even sure if guardian was on.That is at least 3k damage per tick lmao. 

btw all ticks are bugged across the game. This is not Demios or Jugulus only issue. Kuva fortes I was instantly killed with 600 damage bleed proc. It could have been more. I hard 580 HP. Since it was bleed I think it goes through Armor. If it does not, have had like 3.9k armor, so....

No worries though. DE will mark it down and get to soon. If you did not get the joke I meant sometime this century... I think this century.

Archived