Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Did People Get The Idea That Tenno Betrayed The Orokin?

Rettycombine

In the first Alad V post some people tought that the reason Corpus calls the Tenno betrayers is because they betrayed the Orokin

Umm what?

The Tenno were the protectors of the Orokin, hell, the Orokin were the ones who saved the Tenno by putting them into cryosleep when they completely dropped the ball with the infestation. The more logical reason for Tenno being called the betrayers is because they aint giving the corpus their precious gold, Also Lotus could have been a former employee but because she stole a stapler she got fired and then she did research on the Tenno and woke them up.

once again, making drastic assumptions about a Sci-Fi Lore, which can go in any direction, and anything can happen, and it'll still be correct.

the more we assume of the Lore, the more we'll be wrong because there's infinite possibilities.

We used custom-made orokin gear, the primes. Therefore the tenno of old served under the orokins as a military force. Why did the tenno went to cryosleep I have no idea.

But being called "betrayers" by someone like this petty little snake of a man, Alad V, does not mean in any way that we betrayed the Orokins.

For insulting my honor like this, I will kill him. Repeatedly.

All because a greedy little snake called us betrayers.... Tenno right.

Yeah. The corpus, an organization who embodies the worst corporate excess and are generally huge jerkbags calling us betrayers is a good thing.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that the corpus are descendants of an orokin merchant caste, with Tenno being an elite orokin warrior caste.

Did anyone ever consider he might be talking about the Grineer?

Last I looked, the grineer weren't the ones blowing up their own formorians. :p

It is probably due to the fact that not everyone is so involved as some of us are and some don't care to research and/or know about the actual lore and relations between each faction. It is surprising that in Warframe, we know a lot about things from the history but so little about it at the same time.

I've always thought that the Tenno were/are the Orokin. 

No, they saw Orokin and interacted with them. Were allies of sort, or friends you may call and they promised to protect the Orokin Void from the other factions of the game as there was some far greater threat that the world needs protection from, this is also the reason why Tenno fight against the other factions. Infested only try to infest the whole world so it is an exception to this rule.

They want the technology they lost when Hayden Tenno went screw you Agency and left...

Or the Corpus are the Agency from Dark Sector... or related to it in some way...

2 more high quality dark sector related posts from arlayn

Well, the Tenno fought in the War. It is however unclear what role they playd.

The rulers fought the mysterious Sentients, using both Tenno and the plague as weapons.

Corpus have knowledge and knowhow of ancient tec. The robots they reverse engineer are built from found blueprints.

These can be orokin or Sentient.

Since Tenno date back to the same tech Corpus are using,

is it hard to imagine the two once worked side by side?

Remember millenia may have gone by, but Tenno lost their memories.

What do Corpus know, what do they know about. The Tenno handlers, Lotus?

It is entirely possible Tenno, or Lotus once betrayd ancient corpus.

We all assume that Tenno are good guys, but a warrior order of godlike powers and a technology cult trying to learn their secrets.

Maby the engineers of Orokin Era?

Fact is, we wont know untill DE writes Lore.

i would presume tenno at least owned or in a sense thought of orokin as a spiritual or religous place if you could call it that (really dunno) but i would presume they thought it was sacred

but now as centuries go by im guessing the orokin hit a fail safe or something if it noticed intruders , as how all the factions enemy types got there well they could have been looking for warframes and something happened to make them go mindless either that or the orokin has a mind of its own and can manipulate intruders

as to why they cant do that to tenno well for all we know they could have build the place and or was specifically sacred to them

its all just imagination and speculation , so be patient and wait for official lore

Or the Corpus are the Agency from Dark Sector... or related to it in some way...

I'd prefer not because what I've heard about Dark Sector's story is not very good. Better Warframe be a spiritual successor with a few nods here and there instead of trying to shoehorn in the cold war shooter that Dark Sector became.

I was under the impression that the Tenno are individual citizens from the Orokin age, that it refers to a period of time and a specific cultural movement rather than a race, species or faction. I think of "Orokin" the same way I'd think of "Renaissance". It's not that anyone or anything is Orokin, that person, place or thing is from the Orokin period.

It seems to me that sometime after Dark Sector the Tenno became established as an organization, either by Hayden Tenno himself, or in his honor. Sometime after that, the Orokin Age began. I assume that this is about the time that humanity ceased to exist as we know it. You can definitely trace the Grineer and the Corpus back to baseline humans, but the point at which they diverged from baseline humanity and the Tenno is nebulous. The corpus may actually be the last baseline human beings left.

At some point, something happened related to the Infestation, sending the Tenno into stasis and ending the Orokin Age. I would assume that since Hayden Tenno turns into something like Excalibur due to exposure to Technocytes, that the Tenno basically harnessed and made use of a controlled strain of Technocytes to create the Warframes and the Orokin architecture. The gnarled, twisted vines in the Orokin architecture and the growths in the Orokin derelicts seem to support this. There was probably some catastrophic failure in containment, a new strain of Technocytes or something of that nature. I can't quite speculate on how the Grineer or Corpus came to exist in the wake of the Tenno, though they must be derived from remnants of baseline humans. They likely slipped through the cracks, expanding and coming into their own after the fall of the Tenno.

The Grineer don't seem to be human anymore, in the same way that 40K's Space Marines aren't quite human anymore. They're cloned so many times, and so heavily augmented that they just aren't Humans. I couldn't tell you where the shift occurred, but it's happened somewhere in the hundreds of thousands of years between "now" and Warframe.

As I said before, the Corpus may be baseline humans, as they aren't really seen outside of their space-suits. They don't seem to be augmented, they just use robotic assistants. I wouldn't make too much of an ethical fuss over it. We're Tenno. If we're still human underneath the frame, we're a separate faction from them. Humanity has a way of finding a reason to kill others over ideological differences. So you can justify to yourself why it's alright for you to slaughter them. Alternatively, Tenno are no longer entirely human under the frame, we're melded with our frames and you are an Excalibur, Frost or Nyx. In that case, Humans are no longer the protagonists of this story. You can kind of draw your own conclusions. We may well be a race of anti-heroes, which makes for quite the interesting narrative. Many times in sci-fi the augmented or posthuman forces are the bad guys, but here we play as the posthumans fighting against baseline and augmented humans. It's interesting, if nothing else

So... yeah. I'd say that it's not that we've betrayed the Orokin, it's that the Orokin era is over. It ended with the Tenno moving into stasis in order to avoid whatever catastrophe was coming. There are still remnants of the technology, but it's been hundreds of thousands of years since we entered stasis.

Well, the Tenno fought in the War. It is however unclear what role they playd.

The rulers fought the mysterious Sentients, using both Tenno and the plague as weapons.

Corpus have knowledge and knowhow of ancient tec. The robots they reverse engineer are built from found blueprints.

These can be orokin or Sentient.

Since Tenno date back to the same tech Corpus are using,

is it hard to imagine the two once worked side by side?

Remember millenia may have gone by, but Tenno lost their memories.

What do Corpus know, what do they know about. The Tenno handlers, Lotus?

It is entirely possible Tenno, or Lotus once betrayd ancient corpus.

We all assume that Tenno are good guys, but a warrior order of godlike powers and a technology cult trying to learn their secrets.

Maby the engineers of Orokin Era?

Fact is, we wont know untill DE writes Lore.

Yes, in fact Lotus used to be one of te leaders of Corpus, but did not agree with their goal and vision and rebelled against them with her own little army, the Tenno ninjas.

Well, the devs have stated that dark Sector is official "lore" for Warframe. In DS, the Lotus was the symbol for the blackmarket (going from memory here) so the Corpus angle seems to fit.

Yea, DS didn't have the best story, had some really janky controls, had a very unlikable main char, had some pretty big plot holes but at least it had some great gunplay. I still like it, even though I'm so glad they dropped the painfull control methods in favour of what Warframe has.

The biggest pitty was that the first Warframe (Nadia/Nemesis) was a far more interesting char than Hayden Tenno but they chose to make Tenno the main focus of the game.

Edited by Keltik0ne