Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe stops existing (disappears) after summoning Necramech during bounties.

Syoca
Message added by [DE]Momaw,

Doesn't require any specific frame, doesn't require the iso vaults, doesn't even require a bounty or combat of any kind. As near as I can tell it's related to moving very far distances from your mech's previous location without hitting spoilers mode in between.

Reworded repost of a buried thread that wasn't getting much traction, found no one showing what actually happens with the bug, and others don't seem to have it very consistently, so I decided to record my experience with it.

Long video, but I've put timestamps in the description to jump to relevant points. I could have cut around and just showed the bugs and skipped everything else, but I wanted to show everything I did, in case something I missed triggered the bug activation. I demonstrate the bug three consecutive times. Once while on public as host, once while on public as a client, and then once on solo. I then try to replicate the bug while in free roam, but am unable to (this fits with my previous experimenting and is noted in the description).  

I have tested this in Cambion Drift as well, with the same results, though that was before I started recording, so I have no footage of it. I've not tested plains of Eidolon, but I'm willing to if there is demand for it. I'll post timestamps here as well as in the description of the video. 

Door opens to Orb Vallis (first run, public, host) 1:00
I get out of my warframe for the last time first mission 11:44
The last time my frame is visible 11:46 - 11:47
I realize my mech isn't picking up energy orbs (Usually a sign my frame is gone) 12:01
First mission end screen 14:12
"Last mission results" shows different rewards than mission endscreen 14:20
Door opens to Orb Vallis (Second run, public, client) 15:31
I get out of my warframe for the last time second mission 19:58
Warframe disappears on screen (I don't notice) 20:12
I realize my frame is gone 20:33
I demonstrate operator in bleed out 27:18
Second mission end screen (Party member informs me I don't show up on their endscreen) 28:27
Door opens to Orb Vallis (Third run, Solo only) 29:59
I get out of my warframe for the last time third mission 37:25
Frame disappears right in front of me 37:30
I discover enemies don't react to my operator existing (This was not the case in public runs) 38:30
I demonstrate operator death by standing in AoEs (endscreen appears) 43:03
Door opens to Orb Vallis (fourth run, solo, free roam) 44:27
I return to Fortuna, having not produced the disappearing warframe bug this run, though I encounter another one as I transition back into the town. 1:03:10

I will dig into this immediately. This kind of report is extremely helpful!  I've been seeing several posts about "disappearing frame",  but this is the first time I've seen a full session *leading up to* the problem, and it's full of relevant facts like: it can happen solo, it's not limited to the Isolation Vaults, and it doesn't require any specific frame or ability usage. Thank you!

No problem at all. For clarification, I did use Protea for each of these tests, and a few other people have mentioned using her as well. I do believe it can happen with other frames, but I don't have any evidence of it myself. If you need any additional information from me about this, feel free to ask. I'm willing to recreate this/test it in other scenarios. 

4 minutes ago, Syoca said:

No problem at all. For clarification, I did use Protea for each of these tests, and a few other people have mentioned using her as well. I do believe it can happen with other frames, but I don't have any evidence of it myself. If you need any additional information from me about this, feel free to ask. I'm willing to recreate this/test it in other scenarios. 

Happened to me while I was Mesa

1 hour ago, Syoca said:

I've been in a mission where it happened to a Nekros.  That was in Isolation vaults, and at the time I *assumed* that it might be because he was leaving Desecrate running.  My speculation at the time was that ONE possible cause might be toggle abilities causing the Warframe to be killed, but since the Player wasn't connected to it (being in Necramech mode at the time) the game got confused and despawned the Warframe.  Please note that is only speculation from someone who hasn't directly experienced the bug and has NO tools whatsoever to see what is happening.

Doesn't require any specific frame, doesn't require the iso vaults, doesn't even require a bounty or combat of any kind. As near as I can tell it's related to moving very far distances from your mech's previous location without hitting spoilers mode in between.  Worked up a set of steps for our bug-slaying ninjas, hope to get this fixed soon. 👍

Can confirm this, it's happening alot on me, but strangely just today! And the operator death is something totally broken, if you die with it you just get a "leave mission" message, with no revives left! Ah, and also necramechs dont pick health orbs at all, at least mine...

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Doesn't require any specific frame, doesn't require the iso vaults, doesn't even require a bounty or combat of any kind. As near as I can tell it's related to moving very far distances from your mech's previous location without hitting spoilers mode in between.  Worked up a set of steps for our bug-slaying ninjas, hope to get this fixed soon. 👍

Thanks for the hard work! Keep squashing baby.

5 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

I will dig into this immediately. This kind of report is extremely helpful!  I've been seeing several posts about "disappearing frame",  but this is the first time I've seen a full session *leading up to* the problem, and it's full of relevant facts like: it can happen solo, it's not limited to the Isolation Vaults, and it doesn't require any specific frame or ability usage. Thank you!

I wonder why Several Sarpa out of ammo bug threads got archived even before any kind of meaningful dev response. Those threads were also this detailed, with video and multiple Tenno stating they encounter the same. The other day i checked, if i can still bug the melee weapon out. 100% reproducable.

I apologize for the out of topic message, but this one bugs me, i'm sorry.

I know... i know, Sarpa is not a brand new shiny thingy...

A few minutes ago it happened for the first time (for me anyway) in a normal bounty (level 30-40 one) while playing Wukong. It's been so common in iso vaults that I stopped using the mech there.

Something I  haven't seen mentioned here: when this happens you lose all progress, i.e. anything you've picked up like resources and mods and your stats get reset (kill count, damage, and so on). The only thing you keep as far as I can tell is the reward for bounty steps but they only show up once you return to the Necralisk. Also, if you get a host migration the warframe returns but it's all kinds of bugged (e.g. gear wheel empty, companion gone).

12 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

It happened to me on my Octavia during a vault run. In order to get some affinity on my new mech I was using it for the Bait parts and leaving the mech by the tunnel entry while I did the Toxicity and Vault part with my frame. We'd cleared the first vault and was doing the Bait part for the second. Suddenly I couldn't recall my frame and no one could find it even though I'd left it by the entrance to the first vault as I got back into my mech. It was only my mech and my Operator. I tried dying but instead my Operator was put into the frame downed state, holding the Amp like a Secondary weapon and one of my teammates was able to revive the operator as if it was a frame.

I was host and we ended up having to leave back to Necralisk, whereupon I only got the bounty reward, absolutely nothing else (loot drops, affinity, focus, credits etc). Went back to my orbiter and logged off so I have the EE.log if there's anything that might help with.

Happened to me. Was in Trinity standard skills. Had re summoned Mech in new location and triggered 2 close together monoliths but found no frame when exiting the Mech. Searched as operator for a while till killed and there was no revive just failed and no loot (all blank).

14 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

My warframe disappeared during the beginning of vault 2 n I persist on with just my mech. My mech got destroyed by enemy mechs in vault 2 and I killed a mech with my operator, but when I void dash towards a fallen tenno fighting the 2nd mech, I went into noclip floating around the whole map, even out of it. I can move around in archwing controls but I cannot press any other things like esc, chat, I can't even alt+f4.

I think the void dash near the 2nd mech caused this bug, which can only be achieved after warframe disappeared. lol

15 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

That might explain why I haven't personally encountered the bug yet.  When I'm using my mech to move between bounties, the first thing I do on arrival is switch to Operator and then my Warframe before going back to the mech.  I had been doing this simply so that if I did get downed I didn't teleport halfway across the map when the Operator is forced to return to the Warframe.

Possible short term workaround - make sure to keep the Warframe close by, even if the intent is to play entirely in Mech Mode?

1 minute ago, EmberStar said:

That might explain why I haven't personally encountered the bug yet.  When I'm using my mech to move between bounties, the first thing I do on arrival is switch to Operator and then my Warframe before going back to the mech.  I had been doing this simply so that if I did get downed I didn't teleport halfway across the map when the Operator is forced to return to the Warframe.

Possible short term workaround - make sure to keep the Warframe close by, even if the intent is to play entirely in Mech Mode?

Keeping warframe close by won't work, at least not for me. Every instance in my video my mech was very close to my warframe, and the third instance it disappears while I'm looking at it. Though going into operator before going into mech might work, I've not done any testing of that yet. 

2 minutes ago, Syoca said:

Keeping warframe close by won't work, at least not for me. Every instance in my video my mech was very close to my warframe, and the third instance it disappears while I'm looking at it. Though going into operator before going into mech might work, I've not done any testing of that yet. 

It could be that I've just been lucky and not gotten hit by the bug yet.  But I do actually switch to Operator mode, rather than swapping directly from Mech to Warframe all the time.  It's not usually something I do intentionally, just a side effect of the way that I tend to use Transference.  I've mostly been using my Mech in the Resource Mining bounties, and I *do* deliberately switch to Operator Mode before jumping into the mech.  Mostly because the mech can pick up batteries/cannisters, but they transfer to the previous avatar.  If I'm in Operator mode I can just run up to the mining machines and use Transference to drop in a battery, then again to immediately jump back into the mech.

As I said, it's possible I just haven't been hit by the bug yet.  I *have* run into the one where my Operator or Warframe will fall through the map when I jump out of the mech as a Client, especially if the ping is a bit high.  I'm just lucky that so far /unstuck has worked.  But that's a separate bug and already on the list to be fixed "Soon(tm)."

Yes this bug is not fixed yet. My warframe just disappeared in front of me! This makes leveling up mech very difficult. 

Very strange is that I only encountered this yesterday! Seems something going on behind which is server-side based?

Just had it happen to me AGAIN and this time my frame was right beside where we were fighting whilst I was in my mech! Once again I lost everything except the bounty rewards (we'd done several bounties in a row).

I'm sick of this. I'm sick of having my progress erased. I'm sick of having my time wasted.

I have reproduced this multiple times over the last few days; the reproduction steps are to simply switch between Nechramech, Warframe, and Operator multiple times. 

I was able to capture a clean EE.log (game launch, bug repro, and exit) and submitted it to support under ID #2299188.

Previously I played at 150 ping limit so most of the time I'm the host and this bug happened, then now I pushed my ping limit up to 250 and I'm the client most of the time and so far it didn't happen again.

Also, host migration caused xp progression in necramech to be lost.

Please, you guys knew host migration is a big problem, please do the necessary steps to prevent mishaps.

On 2020-09-10 at 3:19 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

I had it dissappear right next to me, it was nekros p with descerate, in nech room of vault, with lots of infested around

On 2020-09-10 at 10:19 AM, [DE]Momaw said:

hope to get this fixed soon.

Any progress on this?

I notice if our warframe has abilities on when we switch to our necramech, our warframe will soon disappear. But if our warframe has no abilities on when we switch to our necramech, then our warframe will not disappear.

Archived