The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get rid of requiem relics and just get the mods as drops please?

Drasiel

There's so much RNG with liches and every time I try to get in the groove when playing the system I slam against the wall of requiem relics. I have a lot of relics and either the time when I can play the game or whatever mod I need to get just isn't the popular one and I struggle to find groups or have to solo crack relics to progress which is massively inefficient and I have yet to actually acquire the mod I need doing it. I am always struggling to get the requiem mods and it feels like hot garbage. The system is already a convoluted rng mess without me ending up at the point where it's more viable to buy the mods with platinum than farm them because my life doesn't line up with other people.

33 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

you can trade your extras for what you need. not sure how viable it is now but i did that for some time when it was newer.

If I have to farm for items I don't need to get the ones I do need via trade it's faster to sell junk primes and buy exactly what is needed. It's much harder to find people to trade with rather than buy from. Trading normally takes up to an hour whenever I try. Either option is horrible for a core part of the lich system.

They should use the store system more often like the one with arbitrations and vitus essence. 

For example, instead of absolutely everything being random to the point of tedium, you could just buy the weapons you want. Right now you have to repeat some capture mission a 100 times to get the right one which is stupid, I dont even finish the missions I just abort if its the wrong one. 

I know you were talking about the relics but its all about reducing rng all around where its unnecessary. 

The easy way to change this would simply be to remove the relics and have the requiem mods drop directly where you currently get the relics, so kuva missions or random drops from thralls. Add normal relics to keep the high level rifts usable. Optionally just have those rifts spit out stuff like forma, weapon exilus and whatever else is in the relics now without a relic being needed.

20 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

requiem mods can't drop from thralls

they are the key to defeating the lich, so why would the thralls have them on their person?

Why do ANY enemies have Mods on them that would enhance damage AGAINST them? 

Like Grineer carrying "Smite Grineer" 

same reason > Game mechanic

nothing lorewise

Well yes and no

Honestly i couldnt care less to keep these T5 Relics, i love em. Easy extra Plat when im Bored.

But i see no reason why the Requiem themselve couldnt be dropped from them

its purely a game mechanic they carry the relics as well. That same argument could be: Why would they carry these Relics that are the Key to the Requiem that are the key to the liches immortality.

Game mechanic, thats it

On 2020-09-15 at 6:53 AM, Traubenzuckr said:

@Drasiel

if requiem mods would drop, what would they drop from?

exactly where all the requiem relics drop from now. They would probably have to up the drop rate a bit to compensate for more items being needed to drop. They could also split up the drops among "level zones" for planetary kuva siphons.

On 2020-09-15 at 8:07 AM, Traubenzuckr said:

these mods are different, they aren't some abstract stat but a literal key to removing the liches immortality

there is plenty of lore regarding requiem mods

It is already a concept that killing thralls brings us closer to killing the lich, that they are intrinsically tied to the lich's weakness. That is what a murmer is: a physical manifestation of the lich's weakness we draw out with the parazon. It makes perfect sense they would have what are essentially keys to the lich's life, who else would a lich trust to guard them? They also already carry the relics whose main purpose is to hold the items that can kill the lich. It's pretty easy to bridge that gap and just make them hold the actual mods lorewise.

17 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

But I like using the Requiem Relics to farm Kuva.... they give as much Kuva as a Flood Siphon, yet don't have a timegate.

(and I always have plenty of Relics to turn into Kuva cause I keep my Lich on full aggro -no stabby- and milk him for all 20 Thralls each Lich Mission...)

There are 3 other ways to get kuva and no other way to get the mods. I'd rather lose a source of kuva than keep the rng mess of getting the mods. The relics main point is the mods and the current system leads to too much abject failure in acquiring them.

the steps are a little convoluted, Id rather they just never burnt out but it would make the whole requiem relic thing more pointless (I don't bother with it if I have at least a working relic of each)

maybe they could add an easier way to recharge the mods? maybe trade in 3 burn out ones for 1 working one ? also give them like 9 charges instead of 3

That's a better point and one that several people made right back when liches were first put into the game. Why do the mods even run out of batteries in the first place?

Quite frankly, the whole thing would have been much better done if there were no T5 void keys and the very first time you make a lich, you get given a quest in which you obtain all 8 (infinitely usable) mods, and which explains the whole process of murmur farming, testing and the capture/convert choice along with filling the game out with more lore and story.

But no.

All we got was a gigantic ball of fractal RNG thrown at us with pretty much zero added lore to try and distract from the fact that Railjack has beaten No Man's Sky in terms of the promises made:promises achieved ratio.

Apart from new or returning and those that must max everything player, once you have all the weapons there is no reason to do lich's thus very few are encouraged or want to waste time in unnecessary grind. The game is not a small set of missions as at release all those yrs ago where the only way to keep us invested was grind. Theres more diversity so maybe devs should reduce the quadruple layers of grind. Layer 1 weapon choice layer 2 relic acquisition( 1&2 reduced since release) layer 3 requium fissure opening layer 4 murmurs (necessary mechanic, needs work). So why not drop mods and remove layer 3 grind after all you already have rng in get relics 1 to 4 to drop. Requim fissures was the added part to game mechanics. De could remove mod drops from thralls in murmurs to make syphon and floods more player populated also keeping this game mode relevant to kuva lich's. Bad rng is not fun and solo fissures by choice or depopulation really bad as drop rate chance is not multiplied.

The idea of a vendor is a very good way to reduce grind/ frustrating burnout. It Would also give reason for other players to do floods and syphons if you put full requium relic content in a vendor tied to it. Mods having a useful life span and being transmutable should stay it adds to game mechanics and a reason to participate in some game modes, however current system means it was possible to totally avoid syphons and floods, due to thrall drops, after the initial farm of requium relics.

Archived