Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your most used Companion? Poll

Cloud

I have a lot of sentimentality around my raksa kubrow since it was the first animal companion I was strong (and smart enough) to raise in Warframe, which was kinda around the point where my love for the game solidified, too. I also kinda lucked out since I really liked the concept of a protective kubrow, so a raksa was more or less the one I was hoping to get when I got into the whole companion side of things again, and... -I got it first try, which was a really pleasant coincidence since I was probably going to raise the kubrow regardless of it's breed, but I think I would have eventually kept going until I got that raksa specifically anyway.

I did try a pharaoh predasite recently because I liked their looks and their abilities are pretty nice too (In fact, I still think all three predasites have cool kits.), but IDK even though I mostly enjoy my kubrow for the Mecha set bonuses (which predasites can get too), by this point I can't really imagine playing Warframe without Howl and the Mecha set specifically on my companion, while Protect (which I don't usually use, since I don't care for shields) makes for a really good substitute ability in Hijack missions, too.

I'm not going to pretend that my raksa is perfect. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass playing around those abilities - the Mecha set can be a little unpredictable, and having to build your frame around it isn't a low cost, and howl can be downright detrimental on rare occasion (primarily when I really want to trigger Hunter Adrenaline TBH, but things are just no longer attacking me) - but I feel like those two abilities have really become a staple of my main build's experience. -and if I'm being honest, they're practically a part of my kubrow's personality at this point too. It really makes it all the more satisfying when he plays perfectly and either saves both our asses with a well-timed howl, or wipes a room by himself with his own procs on the Mecha target.

On 2020-09-30 at 8:57 AM, DrivaMain said:

Smeeta is overrated and pure luck. Immortal Vulpas are the future now.

OP where is the option for Deimos Companions?

Hello and sorry for the delay, as stated before Predas and Vulpas were intentionally excluded, as for disclaimer. I count on doing a new survey 5-6 months later with the aim of seeing after the initial hype how much these new pets have actually changed the habits of all of us.

On 2020-09-30 at 7:23 PM, (NSW)Conn1496 said:

I have a lot of sentimentality around my raksa kubrow since it was the first animal companion I was strong (and smart enough) to raise in Warframe, which was kinda around the point where my love for the game solidified, too. I also kinda lucked out since I really liked the concept of a protective kubrow, so a raksa was more or less the one I was hoping to get when I got into the whole companion side of things again, and... -I got it first try, which was a really pleasant coincidence since I was probably going to raise the kubrow regardless of it's breed, but I think I would have eventually kept going until I got that raksa specifically anyway.

I did try a pharaoh predasite recently because I liked their looks and their abilities are pretty nice too (In fact, I still think all three predasites have cool kits.), but IDK even though I mostly enjoy my kubrow for the Mecha set bonuses (which predasites can get too), by this point I can't really imagine playing Warframe without Howl and the Mecha set specifically on my companion, while Protect (which I don't usually use, since I don't care for shields) makes for a really good substitute ability in Hijack missions, too.

I'm not going to pretend that my raksa is perfect. Sometimes it's a pain in the ass playing around those abilities - the Mecha set can be a little unpredictable, and having to build your frame around it isn't a low cost, and howl can be downright detrimental on rare occasion (primarily when I really want to trigger Hunter Adrenaline TBH, but things are just no longer attacking me) - but I feel like those two abilities have really become a staple of my main build's experience. -and if I'm being honest, they're practically a part of my kubrow's personality at this point too. It really makes it all the more satisfying when he plays perfectly and either saves both our asses with a well-timed howl, or wipes a room by himself with his own procs on the Mecha target.

Ty for sharing your insight :) 

and ty all for sharing so much details and partecipating, hoping to gather as much data as possible with more people joining in !

My favorite companion? My sahasa kubrow, Scylla. Kubrows were one of the few things that got me hooked in the game early on (waaay before kavats were a thing). I got into breeding at one point until I eventually had Omega (tallest & fattest) for each of the breeds, except for the chesa, which I made the smallest and skinniest (tea-cup kubrow anyone?) for $@#%s-n-giggles. I found the sahasas to be the most useful early on for me due to the energy orbs they can dig up, and the ferocity ability mod allowed them to do some decent damage while pinning an enemy down. I generally play with a heavy melee focused playstyle, and paired with the pack leader mod, it is easy to keep my pet alive. When Hunter Recovery debuted, it was a great boon, as my constant companion could help keep me alive as well.

Now, I do see the uses of other companions, such as Helios scanning new enemies, smeeta kavat for loot gains, and adarza for crits (when I need it), an there are some things I do NOT take Scylla into, but for most content where it isn't make-or-break who I bring along with me, Scylla is there at my side.

At this point, it is a thing more akin to pride and legacy to run with her. While I will get the new infested pets to test and try out, Scylla will still always be my go-to.y4m5kVXSKRiaLRpMHWtZOxR9l-ywS_UA1_I_fr_w

And as of today, she is at 90 forma on my mission to make her the world's first 100 forma kubrow.

Oloro MOA. I am using a Nychus head for the look but with Security override, because i find it useful when he hacks Bursas/Ambulas and shuts down alarms while i'm shredding people and i love when it runs for miles in the battlefield because a console is available, like it's some kind of drug addict.

Carrier then Carrier Prime when I started playing because ammo economy is garbage when you don't know how to mod your guns. Continued using after I got better because, hey, unlimited ammo.

Got tired of Carrier dying in endurance runs and losing vacuum permanently. Upgraded to the Djinn when I learned about its resurrection capabilities, stuck with that to keep vacuum in longer missions.

Now I basically exclusively use the Sly Vulpaphyla. Endless (and lower cooldown) resurrections and way more survivability.

Archived