Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is your most used Companion? Poll

Cloud

I tried to use some other pets besides Smeeta but seeing how someone else got 70 toroids while you got 30 kinda made me switch back to Smeeta permanently. 

They should honestly make charm a universal ability, most people wont switch because its just simply too good. Not only for resources but critical boosts as well... 

Helios, when new content is released. Smeeta only for Kuva missions. Carrier when running Ivara, because cats attack if I scan enemies (annoying) and more ammo for my Knell. Apart from that: Only Adarza, nothing beats a flat, additive 60% crit chance, freeing an arcane slot and lets stuff like Nukor and Phantasma hit like a truck.

I used to use Carrier Prime for a while before i got my first pets.

Then i used Smeeta almost exclusively, even with my casters regardless that it was useless and it was distracting to see the message about Dope Cat going down all the time, because i didn't like any of the other options too much.

I was thinking about using Dethcube for the energy gains, but i like my pets more and i don't like my companions killstealing and messing up my accuracy.

I will probably just use my Vasca i incubated with a Smeeta and an infected imprint whenever i'm not farming for anything Smeetas can boost because my Vasca is my best looking kavat.

The moment i finished building it and adding the last formas to finish the build, the Nychus MOA became my new favorite. Not because of the Hard Engage mod, but because you can put Blast Shield to increase its survival, and create a soft CC, and then follow it with Shockwave Actuators, for even more CC, and on top of that, you can use the Synth mod set +Equilibrium combo for energy and an added layer of survival.

MOAs can use sentinel weapons that can improve the CC of my setup, and that is my i use the Helstrum with Radiation damage for better CC and not to mention, that sentinel weapons also proc the effect of my aura of choice, Growing Power, and MOAs do not instantly die like sentinels, you can revive them, but so far, i have yet to see my Nychus MOA be taken down, with 3.5k shields, 2k health and nearly 1k armor.

41 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

MOA

Id love to use a MOA too for the same reasons (shockwave CC and shield, plus heal and sentinel guns) but still cant help but use the Smeeta for loot. Even if Im not doing a loot run specifically, its still cool getting more of everything, especially the rare ones like vitus. 

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Smeeta is overrated and pure luck. Immortal Vulpas are the future now.

OP where is the option for Deimos Companions?

What does your Vulpas offer other than being immortal? Which Smeeta might aswell be, almost never dies and one minute revive time.

24 minutes ago, Kylo. said:

What does your Vulpas offer other than being immortal? Which Smeeta might aswell be, almost never dies and one minute revive time.

I can't be bothered to revive stupid AI that doesn't know how to dodge enemy fire and don't even mention Link Mods bandaids, I don't play that boring frame you called Inaros. I won't take them off until all companions are invulnerable of course.

I usually default to Carrier Prime, mostly because of the loot crate mod. Good for lazily farming stars, so that's most used.

Helios is used mostly with Baruuk beccause melee synergy, Oxylus gets used for fishing and now whenever I'm speed cracking relics on Earth so I've a good supply of apothic materials now.

Smeeta gets used sometimes when farming and I now have a Panzer Vulpyphyla for Arbitrations 

Smeeta, I can whack health/shield/armour link on it. It doesn't have a limited number of lives, and its precept does a huge amount of work without it needing to participate in combat.

Sentinels die too fast, I don't use melee consistently enough to care about the gladiator set on Helios. Djinn has infinite lives but dies in 3 seconds flat between cooldowns. Kubrows are worthless, Adarza just isn't as good, moas are S#&$ty and all look the same.

Interesting poll results, but it's not like I use one companion:

• My Carrier has 3 separate builds - non-com, non-com for Inaros, and Demios, definately my 'main' companion, but...
  • My Dethcube is specialized for Volt, for energy orbs and procing Growing Power, Nova usese a slightly different mix...
  • My Adarza kavat is used for Eidolon hunts, or when I don't really care about popping crates or sneaking at all
  • My Occulus is used for Venus fishing (i.e., not at all anymore)
  • One of my huge dawgs is part of Frost's fashion frame, and my Helminth Chager is part of Nidus's fashion frame
  • My Dirga octopus is specialized for Open World companionship with 70m range and the Deth rifle
  • If I ever get the Deimos frame, I'll use my Sly fox with him to maximize avoidance.

Archived