Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Prices going back up boyz!

Dr_Wonderful

This kind of a epic thread:

- A topic poster who tries justifying AI exploit in order to farm plat because it is probably the pinnacle of his existence

- A herd of goats not understanding what the topic is about throwing toxic stupid meme pictures

On 2020-10-03 at 2:52 AM, vegetosayajin said:

don't worry it's incoming
I give it 2-3 months more at most

DE hasn't touched how Khora works in relation to loot farming in literally over a year. The last change was also to reimplement multi-drops. But yes, incessant fear-mongering is fantastic because "hurr durr DE only nerfs."  

1 hour ago, Galuf said:

This kind of a epic thread:

- A topic poster who tries justifying AI exploit in order to farm plat because it is probably the pinnacle of his existence

- A herd of goats not understanding what the topic is about throwing toxic stupid meme pictures

Yeah... I'm still scratching my head about farming Grineer for Steel Essence. I accidentally played Naeglar on Steel Path yesterday to scan Ancients for Hunhow... and jeez, the Infested have a tonne of Parasitic/Venomous Eximus units even for such a short mission! I like Naeglar because I like to find those caches and get Shell Shock/High Voltage... but seriously, you can get a couple Steel Essence per 10 minute run (it's RNG, so mileage will vary) because of the large quantity of Parasitic/Venomous Eximus Infested. I'm sure DE legitimately tried to annoy us with Parasitic Eximus with the Infested. But they really do work in your favor for Steel Essence!

44 minutes ago, CLERINERT said:

DE hasn't touched how Khora works in relation to loot farming in literally over a year. The last change was also to reimplement multi-drops. But yes, incessant fear-mongering is fantastic because "hurr durr DE only nerfs."  

Yes, but she is way more popular now(the last 4-5 months) then a year ago. And no one is gonna care about how good is her dome for farming if they take her insane damage away.
CO also wasn't touched for years, that didn't mean it wasn't hit with the "I wasn't supposed to work like that" line.

29 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yes, but she is way more popular now(the last 4-5 months) then a year ago. And no one is gonna care about how good is her dome for farming if they take her insane damage away.
CO also wasn't touched for years, that didn't mean it wasn't hit with the "I wasn't supposed to work like that" line.

Over the years a pattern has become clear to me, if something becomes too popular, they think it's a problem, without looking at anything underlying it. And of course, it's way easier to nerf one frame than to bring a bunch of others up to speed with it. 

That being said, I do expect Khora to get hit eventually, out of sheer popularity if nothing else. It would be better if certain frames that she seems to overshadow were brought back out of the shadows instead to stand beside her, but smacking down one frame is the easy way out. 

That being said, I do expect Khora to get hit eventually, out of sheer popularity if nothing else. It would be better if certain frames that she seems to overshadow were brought back out of the shadows instead to stand beside her, but smacking down one frame is the easy way out and DE does not devote a lot of time to balance decisions it seems, so when they do them they seem kind of herky jerky. 

I mean, when you think about it, apart from the riven dispo changes, which are a more recent thing in the games overall life cycle, DE doesn't really have that regular a balance cycle like a lot of games. I think they have gotten away with it because of the PvE focus, but it still causes a lot of problems. Balance changes just hardly happen, buff or nerf, so when they do, people act unreasonably excited about a small buff, or unreasonably angry that a weapon or frame got its power weakened. People just aren't primed for balance changes when playing this game and it feels weird to them. 

16 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

They made a a fix toward her insane damage that is often shown in sensational youtube videos in ESO runs.

On 2020-09-29 at 1:59 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Khora’s Accumulating Whipclaw buff stacking indefinitely after jumping into a teleport volume.

Some of the numbers seen in some of those ESO videos are completely impossible on paper without exploiting a bug like the one patched above! It took them more than a year to patch this bug after it was reported in PC Bugs. This "teleport volume" apparently also meant simply jumping through the portal for the next ESO zone... There are/were other ways to exploit this bug which also includes/included simple things like walking into a nullifier bubble.

Because honestly... this is the pseudo-exalted weapon stats:

• 100 Impact
  • 100 Puncture
  • 100 Slash
  • 2x Critical Damage
  • 25% Critical Chance
  • 20% Status Chance

This is a good melee weapon and all... but it's not 80 million damage good (even with a Riven!). Without its special ability effects and synergies, there are better melee weapons in numbers.

References:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Whipclaw

On 2020-10-01 at 2:28 PM, Dr_Wonderful said:

"Fixed a spot in the Grineer Sealab tileset where enemies struggled to jump down a hole as a team, which resulted in AFK farming."-recent patch notes

Do you hate low riven prices? Do you like grinding out hours just for a slot machine? no worries DE has added it back! 

No try again there this sweet spot in a corridor right next to an actual capsule on kuva fortress. Im still gonna get my 100k kuva a hour

Archived