Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Prices going back up boyz!

Dr_Wonderful

"Fixed a spot in the Grineer Sealab tileset where enemies struggled to jump down a hole as a team, which resulted in AFK farming."-recent patch notes

Do you hate low riven prices? Do you like grinding out hours just for a slot machine? no worries DE has added it back! 

10 minutes ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

"Fixed a spot in the Grineer Sealab tileset where enemies struggled to jump down a hole as a team, which resulted in AFK farming."-recent patch notes

Do you hate low riven prices? Do you like grinding out hours just for a slot machine? no worries DE has added it back! 

So... you are trying to come up with a flimsy justification to argue against them fixing an afk farming exploit? 

Just now, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I don't get it my IQ is really low

I don't even have the context, but were I to hazard a guess I'd wager it means people will get less Steel Essence/Riven Slivers from AFK farming Steel Path which in the mind of the OP will drive riven costs up because people can't get infinite Kuva from doing nothing.

But as I said up above...

18 minutes ago, Aldain said:

fairly odd parents whatever GIF

19 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

What does this have to do with riven prices

Steel Essence farming has started to saturate some popular weapon Riven Mods as rolling something hundreds of times isn't as time consuming as it used to be.

I don't see how this patch changes anything though. An efficient farm kills the enemies before they even got near the hole. I doubt this will change anything until DE takes a look at core mechanical issues.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Wonderful said:

you clearly did if you took the time to reply

And apparently you took offense to that since you replied to me.

I'm just here to watch this crash and burn, which it already had until you responded.

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

On 2020-10-01 at 4:31 PM, tipsy_princess said:

typical de. instead of fix the root fixing the symptoms.

and ofc instead benefit active playing they just nerfing passive.

but i am surprised it's so soft nerf, normally they also would nerf khora to death and ban people with most steel.

weird.

They can't afford to ban many more people now that they have lost so many. They swung the ban hammer just as willy nilly as their nerf hammer. That is what my telepathetic powers tell me. Heavy on the pathetic. 

On 2020-10-01 at 6:06 PM, Monolake said:

... another example of DE not playing and not understanding the game

DE, come on! rework essence drop already so we dont have to bot with Khora for 3 hrs and can farm some actually playing the game

de >fixes afk exploit

community > "de isnt playing their game!"

also community > "why isnt de listening to us????!!!"

11 minutes ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

de >fixes afk exploit

community > "de isnt playing their game!"

also community > "why isnt de listening to us????!!!"

these are the points, yes
your attempt at some random "gotcha" is wrong

On 2020-10-01 at 11:31 PM, tipsy_princess said:

but i am surprised it's so soft nerf, normally they also would nerf khora to death

don't worry it's incoming
I give it 2-3 months more at most

Going back to the actual topic...last night two of us when in the Market (PS4) to just look around and see what prices were, items selling and seeing what Necramech Mods were going for. We were really surprised just how many Riven Mods were up for sale and the prices as well.....we saw countless adds with no prices and one person selling Three Mods for the same weapon....

First we had Prime Parts and Frames and still do for the most part but prices for those have stayed steady or even gone down. However....Riven Mod prices have shot up and add Arcane and Mecramech Mods to the picture...which means one needs more Platinum hence spend more real money....

Had me thinking I saw this with Path of Exile who has a robust Player Market that for consoles has higher prices than PC. If you want to up your game with specific gear for a build you are shooting for....it's going to cost you a lot that with Real Money can help you get. A while back someone posted on the forums that they knew but couldn't divulge the details...that there were organized groups working together getting items and basically setting the Market Prices. The items are like everything else random but it was noticeable how many had close to the same high prices....just saying...

Well riven arnt so great now anyway.  All new weapons start with a low disposition good weapons with avg dispositions get worse every 3 months.  Plus in the end, with a few exceptions, they don't make that big of an impact.  Sniper riven used to be the most influential in the game due to eidolons, but most of those have been nerfed pretty hard  now and 1 shot ting eidolon limbs is easier than ever nowadays.   Stat stick rivens for pseudo exalteds can have an impact too. 

I have over 200 rivens across 2 platforms and. I wouldnt miss them if they were all removed tommorrow.

The Grineer have sooo much armor in Steel Path. I mean, Khora can deal with them with Whipclaw and strong Slash procs.... but why in Void would you farm Grineer Sealab tiles (yuck) for Steel Essence? It's almost as bad as Europa (IMO)! Personally, I farm Derelict Survival. The Infested aren't bullet sponges like the Grineer. Either that, or I farm Steel Path Caelus (Archwing Interception) for Endo/Steel Essence while leveling Archguns.

Archived