Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xoris and the rest of the glaive class are very mediocre

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Maybe not build for heavies?

1. Are you using a single side arm?, it is good to dual wield glaives with guns. (attack speed focused)
  2. Have you tried Gleaming Talon's "Silver Reach" move set, is super good. :satisfied: (combo counter focused. Status/Critical)

Why are you already comparing glaives to gunblades... :thinking: 

Glaive Prime + dual wield + Relentless Combination 

Is the building blocks to make them plenty powerful to be useful, though I will admit I enjoyed the pre melee 3.0 playstyle more. I'd compare them more to the combo version of the Quassus, that eventually yields better rewards. Wouldn't mind a buff though.

6 hours ago, Grave.Knight said:

I just wish they would return the impact explosion with Power Throw, either on Power Throw or as a new mod. I enjoyed using them as a grenade.

You can achieve this by doing heavy attack, but it will consume most of combo counter if not build for efficiency. (Two clicks also)

On the other hand power throw seems to do nothing... and with power throw not working, quick return is not viable..

12 hours ago, UdsUds said:

Maybe not build for heavies?

1. Are you using a single side arm?, it is good to dual wield glaives with guns. (attack speed focused)
  2. Have you tried Gleaming Talon's "Silver Reach" move set, is super good. :satisfied: (combo counter focused. Status/Critical)

Why are you already comparing glaives to gunblades... :thinking: 

gunblades and glaives are the long ranged weapons, they both "throw" something whether it's bullets or the weapon itself, yea i'm strawmanning here but the point is, glaives are the original candidates for heavy attacks, i don't really craft glaives so i can just swing the thing, i want to throw it as well, use it's special mechanic

15 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Glaives don't have good combos, they are all clunky, heavy attack builds just don't work with them, they don't have the stomping power of gunblades

please buff their heavy attack damage

Try Glaive Prime. You are welcome.NvDFcTu.png

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

gunblades and glaives are the long ranged weapons, they both "throw" something whether it's bullets or the weapon itself, yea i'm strawmanning here but the point is, glaives are the original candidates for heavy attacks, i don't really craft glaives so i can just swing the thing, i want to throw it as well, use it's special mechanic

You can still throw it, yes? You can still make it explode, yes?. 

Thou if you are planning to utilize the explosion.

1. Get combo efficiency or Initial combo counter
  2. Get base damage, not Condition overlord. (This is my testing and it works better in most cases)
  3. Try not too use "weeping wounds" , build for high status if you want it to do slash procs or other elemental procs.

And I see your point on the gunblade and glaive as range... But gunblade is nearly a gun already and in my opinion using their stances as melee-ING is clunky.

On the note again on what you are asking, "Stomping power" ~ My opinion: Glaives aren't focus on power but on being stealthy as well as being graceful doing copter melee after a jump. 

Spoiler

I don't understand why a gunblade is silent. That should be the difference of using a glaive for stealth.

I do want to make a change on "power throw" as well as "quick return" as they do nothing currently.

I have only two things to say to someone who thinks glaive stances are bad.

1- Have you never heard of beauty? They're gorgeous, fluid, and fun; as well as having great utility from definite slash procs & ranged AoE.

2- Aero Vantage. Walk around with your feet at head level, and be a doom blender continuously spamming Astral Twilight's 2x300% damage attack in a 360 circle around you, usually getting headshots. Your damage should go up an order of magnitude.

Archived