The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inaros Rework Concept

DeanSpillaBean

Everyone knows Inaros is one of the best, but also the most simplest, tanks in the game. But even with that praise hes abilities are greatly lacking. Desiccate and Scarab Swarm are very good, but Devour and Sandstorm are left in the dust in terms of usefulness.  I've got two goals in mind while creating this rework, first is allowing Inaros to be more involved in battles besides sitting around throwing sand at people, and also making Devour and Sandstorm abilities worth using or building for.

One way I thought of to allow Inaros to be more involved in fights is using his Health as his Energy, similar to how Hildryn works. Making all his abilities cost Health, but also allow him ways to gain it all back. Another concept is Over-Health, but this one's more experimental, he gains Over-Health when killing enemies affected by Inaros's abilities. Though this could be swapped out as healing if it proves to powerful. More info on both are in his Passive.

This rework is a small part of a project I've worked on for months, Project Overhaul. Redesigning everything about Warframe, from damage type tweaks and status effects, to Warframe and enemy reworks, to entire story rewrites, and focus remasters. One change was to give Warframe class stats to work off of as well as an actual description of the Warframe instead of why they should be feared, or something like that. For the time being, there aren't any notes on any augments for his abilities as I wanted to focus on his main kit.

Inaros

·        Damage Amplifier (2)

Increases weapon damage and effectiveness

·        Tank (10)

Ability to last longer in deadly situations

·        Support (3)

Healing allies, creating protective barriers, or giving them buffs

·        Nuker (5)

Ability damage

·        Mobility (0)

Ability to cross huge distances

·        Crowd Control (8)

Debuffing enemies with slowness or stuns

Description: The Immortal Warframe, boasting incredible vigor through draining the life force of his enemies. Much like the deserts he protects, he too soaks up all the life of those around him, adding to his own. His massive health pool allows them to create cursed sand, draining enemy Health to heal and protect himself and allies.

·        Base Stats:

Health: 550 (2200)

Shields: N/A

Armor: 225

Energy: N/A

Sprint Speed: 0.9

·        Passive: Soul Siphon

Enemies killed while effected by Inaros’s abilities grant 50 Over-Health, enemies killed with finishers grant 250 Over-Health and restore 10% of Inaros’s Health.

Over-Health has a limit of 50% of Inaros's Max Health, does not decay. Similar to Over-Shields, that being extra Health above the maximum

Inaros has no Energy Pool, instead he uses his Health to cast abilities: Scarab Armor is reduced first, then Over-Health, then his normal Health

If Inaros dies, he forms a sarcophagus around him, siphoning the life force off of a targeted nearby enemy or ally, drains 100 HP/s (True Damage). If Inaros can drain 5000 Health, he is revived. Allies grant an extra 200 HP/s (300 HP/s in total) while being drained, but will only lose 100 HP/s, but cannot reduce their HP below 150. The siphon effect lingers for 0.25s after effecting an enemy or ally.

Damage from scarab swarm also counts, but only 20% of any heal from it

·        1st Ability: Desiccate |AOE |Soft / Hard CC

Inaros throws out cursed sand in a wide area in front of him, dealing 200 True Damage on hit. If enemies where facing Inaros when hit they’ll be blinded for 8s, opening them up to finishers, otherwise they’ll be staggered for a moment instead.

·        Strength: Effects damage

Base Damage: 200 True Damage

·        Duration: Effects blind duration

Base Duration: 8s

·        Range: Effects range

Base Range: 15m

·        Energy: Health cost to cast

Base HP Cost: 50 HP

·        2nd Ability: Devour |Single Target |Hard CC

Inaros traps a target enemy in quick sand, stunning them. Holding the ability key draws any enemy effected by Devour closer to you. If an enemy affected by Devour is within 5m, you will start draining its Health, dealing 400 True Damage to that enemy per second, while Inaros heals for 50% of the damage.

·        Strength: Effects damage/s

Base Damage/s: 400 True Damage/s

Base Heal: 50% of damage (Unaffected by mods)

·        Duration: Effects how long the target is trapped for

Base Duration: 12s

·        Range: Effects Cast Range

Base Range: 30m

Pulls enemies at 15m/s (Unaffected by Mods)

Base HP Cost: 100 HP

·        3rd Ability: Sandstorm |AOE |Soft CC |Toggle

Inaros transforms into a roaring sandstorm, granting 50% damage reduction but slowing his move speed by 25% and draining Health while in use. Enemies in a 20m Radius take 500 Slash damage/s (25% Status) and are slowed by 40% while in the Sandstorm. Allies within range also gain 50% damage reduction, but any damage that’s reduced is dealt to Inaros instead

He is able to use weapons and maneuver around as normal

Enemies killed while affected by Sandstorm are converted into Sand Shadows, these Sand Shadows are invulnerable while Sandstorm is active and deal 2x their normal damage to nearby enemies. Sand Shadows disappear after 10s when Sandstorm is deactivated.

·        Strength: Effects damage of Sandstorm

Base Damage: 500 Slash/s

25% Status chance/s

Base enemy Slow: 40% (75% Max)

·        Duration: Lingering time for Shadows

Base: 10s without a Sandstorm

·        Range: Radius of Sandstorm

Base Range: 20m

Costs 200 Health to cast, then drains 25 HP/s while active

·        4th Ability: Scarab Swarm |Self Buff | AOE |Hard CC | Heal

Holding will start draining Inaros’s Health at 30/s to gain 1% of Scarab Armor for each second (3,000 : 100% Max). Inaros gains Bonus Armor based on the percentage. Tap the key to remove 25% of Scarab Armor to launch a Scarab Swarm at enemies, any hit will be swarmed with scarabs, taking 200 Corrosive Damage/s (25% Status), enemies within 5m of those Swarmed enemies will also get Swarmed for 100% of the remaining duration.

50% of the damage dealt with Scarab Swarm is given to all nearby allies as Healing

When casting an ability while having Scarab Armor on while reduce a percent of it before touching your Health Pool

o   Desiccation: 0.25%

o   Devour: 1%

o   Sandstorm: 1.5% to cast, 0.25%/s of channeling

·        Strength: Effects Swarm Damage

Base Damage: 200 Corrosive Damage (25% Status)

Base Heal for Defense targets: 15% of Damage (Unaffected by mods)

·        Duration: Swarm duration

Base Duration: 15s

·        Range: Cast Range and Heal Radius

Cast Range: 30m

Heal Radius: 15m

Spread Range: 5m

·        Energy:

Drains 30 Health/s to gain 1% Armor (Unaffected by Mods) 3,000 : 100% Max

Armor bonus is unaffected by mods

25% armor to launch a Swarm, unaffected by mods

A part of me knows any of my ideas would likely not become a reality, that I should just fantasize about some cool changes that could be done to the game, but the more I work on them, the more I feel it a crime not to share some of my more complete ideas or concepts. One day a Dev might see it, and one day they might use something from here when updating the game.

4 hours ago, DeanSpillaBean said:

In that case how can I delete this topic?

I'll move it over to feedback 

Frankly i dont think an inaros rework is likely. His 4 is fine. His 1 is good. His 2 might be niche or even irrelevant if you have arcane grace but i wouldnt say its useless. It heals you and your pet if i remember right. 

His 3 is garbage. But theres plenty of other frames in a worse spot than him that DE hasnt reworked yet, like chroma. 

4 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Frankly i dont think an inaros rework is likely. His 4 is fine. His 1 is good. His 2 might be niche or even irrelevant if you have arcane grace but i wouldnt say its useless. It heals you and your pet if i remember right. 

His 3 is garbage. But theres plenty of other frames in a worse spot than him that DE hasnt reworked yet, like chroma. 

Chroma has 2 solid abilities and 1 niche for Credits farming. Inaros is literally only used because of his braindead health bar. If you ask me, the way to make Inaros more interesting to play is to reduce his base health and give him more active abilities. Nobody would like nerfing his health though as they like Mr. Alt-Tab. Inaros has such a lazy play-style and design that's way more unhealthy than Chroma or some other Warframes.

The real problem though is that DE reworks maybe 1 Warframe in a year outside of tweaking the new ones they release. This is why some Warframes like Mirage have these incredibly old and unreliable abilities like Eclipse.

4 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

cough Zephyr cough

9 hours ago, DeanSpillaBean said:

Everyone knows Inaros is one of the best, but also the most simplest, tanks in the game. But even with that praise hes abilities are greatly lacking. Desiccate and Scarab Swarm are very good, but Devour and Sandstorm are left in the dust in terms of usefulness.  I've got two goals in mind while creating this rework, first is allowing Inaros to be more involved in battles besides sitting around throwing sand at people, and also making Devour and Sandstorm abilities worth using or building for.

One way I thought of to allow Inaros to be more involved in fights is using his Health as his Energy, similar to how Hildryn works. Making all his abilities cost Health, but also allow him ways to gain it all back. Another concept is Over-Health, but this one's more experimental, he gains Over-Health when killing enemies affected by Inaros's abilities. Though this could be swapped out as healing if it proves to powerful. More info on both are in his Passive.

This rework is a small part of a project I've worked on for months, Project Overhaul. Redesigning everything about Warframe, from damage type tweaks and status effects, to Warframe and enemy reworks, to entire story rewrites, and focus remasters. One change was to give Warframe class stats to work off of as well as an actual description of the Warframe instead of why they should be feared, or something like that. For the time being, there aren't any notes on any augments for his abilities as I wanted to focus on his main kit.

Inaros

·        Damage Amplifier (2)

Increases weapon damage and effectiveness

·        Tank (10)

Ability to last longer in deadly situations

·        Support (3)

Healing allies, creating protective barriers, or giving them buffs

·        Nuker (5)

Ability damage

·        Mobility (0)

Ability to cross huge distances

·        Crowd Control (8)

Debuffing enemies with slowness or stuns

Description: The Immortal Warframe, boasting incredible vigor through draining the life force of his enemies. Much like the deserts he protects, he too soaks up all the life of those around him, adding to his own. His massive health pool allows them to create cursed sand, draining enemy Health to heal and protect himself and allies.

·        Base Stats:

Health: 550 (2200)

Shields: N/A

Armor: 225

Energy: N/A

Sprint Speed: 0.9

·        Passive: Soul Siphon

Enemies killed while effected by Inaros’s abilities grant 50 Over-Health, enemies killed with finishers grant 250 Over-Health and restore 10% of Inaros’s Health.

Over-Health has a limit of 50% of Inaros's Max Health, does not decay. Similar to Over-Shields, that being extra Health above the maximum

Inaros has no Energy Pool, instead he uses his Health to cast abilities: Scarab Armor is reduced first, then Over-Health, then his normal Health

If Inaros dies, he forms a sarcophagus around him, siphoning the life force off of a targeted nearby enemy or ally, drains 100 HP/s (True Damage). If Inaros can drain 5000 Health, he is revived. Allies grant an extra 200 HP/s (300 HP/s in total) while being drained, but will only lose 100 HP/s, but cannot reduce their HP below 150. The siphon effect lingers for 0.25s after effecting an enemy or ally.

Damage from scarab swarm also counts, but only 20% of any heal from it

·        1st Ability: Desiccate |AOE |Soft / Hard CC

Inaros throws out cursed sand in a wide area in front of him, dealing 200 True Damage on hit. If enemies where facing Inaros when hit they’ll be blinded for 8s, opening them up to finishers, otherwise they’ll be staggered for a moment instead.

·        Strength: Effects damage

Base Damage: 200 True Damage

·        Duration: Effects blind duration

Base Duration: 8s

·        Range: Effects range

Base Range: 15m

Base HP Cost: 50 HP

·        2nd Ability: Devour |Single Target |Hard CC

Inaros traps a target enemy in quick sand, stunning them. Holding the ability key draws any enemy effected by Devour closer to you. If an enemy affected by Devour is within 5m, you will start draining its Health, dealing 400 True Damage to that enemy per second, while Inaros heals for 50% of the damage.

·        Strength: Effects damage/s

Base Damage/s: 400 True Damage/s

·        Duration: Effects how long the target is trapped for

Base Duration: 12s

·        Range: Effects Cast Range

Base Range: 30m

Pulls enemies at 15m/s (Unaffected by Mods)

Base HP Cost: 100 HP

·        3rd Ability: Sandstorm |AOE |Soft CC |Toggle

Inaros transforms into a roaring sandstorm, granting 50% damage reduction but slowing his move speed by 25% and draining Health while in use. Enemies in a 20m Radius take 500 Slash damage/s (25% Status) and are slowed by 40% while in the Sandstorm. Allies within range also gain 50% damage reduction, but any damage that’s reduced is dealt to Inaros instead

He is able to use weapons and maneuver around as normal

Enemies killed while affected by Sandstorm are converted into Sand Shadows, these Sand Shadows are invulnerable while Sandstorm is active and deal 2x their normal damage to nearby enemies. Sand Shadows disappear after 10s when Sandstorm is deactivated.

·        Strength: Effects damage of Sandstorm

Base Damage: 500 Slash/s

25% Status chance/s

Base enemy Slow: 40% (75% Max)

·        Duration: Lingering time for Shadows

Base: 10s without a Sandstorm

·        Range: Radius of Sandstorm

Base Range: 20m

Costs 200 Health to cast, then drains 25 HP/s while active

·        4th Ability: Scarab Swarm |Self Buff | AOE |Hard CC | Heal

Holding will start draining Inaros’s Health at 30/s to gain 1% of Scarab Armor for each second (3,000 : 100% Max). Inaros gains Bonus Armor based on the percentage. Tap the key to remove 25% of Scarab Armor to launch a Scarab Swarm at enemies, any hit will be swarmed with scarabs, taking 200 Corrosive Damage/s (25% Status), enemies within 5m of those Swarmed enemies will also get Swarmed for 100% of the remaining duration.

50% of the damage dealt with Scarab Swarm is given to all nearby allies as Healing

When casting an ability while having Scarab Armor on while reduce a percent of it before touching your Health Pool

o   Desiccation: 0.25%

o   Devour: 1%

o   Sandstorm: 1.5% to cast, 0.25%/s of channeling

·        Strength: Effects Swarm Damage

Base Damage: 200 Corrosive Damage (25% Status)

Base Heal for Defense targets: 15% of Damage (Unaffected by mods)

·        Duration: Swarm duration

Base Duration: 15s

·        Range: Cast Range and Heal Radius

Cast Range: 30m

Heal Radius: 15m

Spread Range: 5m

·        Energy:

Drains 30 Health/s to gain 1% Armor (Unaffected by Mods) 3,000 : 100% Max

Armor bonus is unaffected by mods

25% armor to launch a Swarm, unaffected by mods

A part of me knows any of my ideas would likely not become a reality, that I should just fantasize about some cool changes that could be done to the game, but the more I work on them, the more I feel it a crime not to share some of my more complete ideas or concepts. One day a Dev might see it, and one day they might use something from here when updating the game.

Can Inaros get an ability where he summons aerial kamikaze flying clones that attack enemies? Baro speaks of Inaros as a frame that flew so him summoning clones that fly in and attack a specified area would be cool. 

EDIT: only now realizes Baro may have been talking about Archwing...

Generally nice ideas for a rework especially the sandstorm rework would be very welcome.

But I am very sceptical about him not having any energy pool but HP costs for casts.

How would it work with mods/arcanes/etc that give you energy, energy orbs and energy orb modifiers?

How would it work with mods/arcanes/etc that give you additive or multiplicative HP?

I'd just like to be able to command his Scarabs to eat people. how you gonna have a Mummy frame and not be able to take advantage of the most well-known Mummy in pop culture?

warning: don't watch if the idea of Scarab Beetles eating you from the inside creeps you out (and rest assured they don't do this IRL, thank goodness):

Archived