Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do bugs just not get fixed?

Wheelhouser

Not to be too negative, but I've been playing on PC for about 2 months, and have encountered numerous bugs, mostly in the quests, but also MANY on Plains of Eidolon.

Every bug I've encountered seems to be, at the very least, 2 years old.  Same issue I have.  Still in the game.

The one I have right now is 2nd vessel stage on Sands of Inaros.  I drop the vessel at the door, go inside, take the next one, and the quest just hangs (still telling me to take the vessel).

First result of a Google search is this 

31 months ago.

K-drive on Plains (if not host) sending you under the world, Archwing extraction points not working, Transference target (in quest) dropping below world.  I could go on.  All are old bugs that still exist.

So do bug reports do any good?  Obviously bugs do get fixed.  No game is perfect.  But so much is just still broken 2+ years on...

DE has what you might call a "Content Debt" with how they develop Warframe. Because new content is what drives sales and player count growth, fixing and refining past content rarely receives the attention it deserves. Typically they will spend a month or two scouring feedback and bug reports so that recent updates can be fixed, but after that anything that slips through the cracks may not get noticed until happenstance, the devs decide to do a rework of it, or some influencer brings it up and makes it relevant again.

If you have the time, keep sending in those bug reports. If you're serious about it, keep a personal log of bugs you've encountered, how to replicated them, and how long they have existed without being squashed. The only real way to get things fixed is to be the squeaky wheel, be that annoying person who posts "Still no fix for X" on every update patch notes with a link to the bug report thread.

Obviously that's asking a lot of players who are trying to enjoy the game, not make a chore out of hunting bugs. It's one of those things that if enough people did it, DE would have to listen, but there's no incentive for it so it probably never will.

That's kind of what I was thinking (though not in those exact terms), and I'm not going to spend the time reporting any 2 year old bugs.

I've been back for 8 or so weeks (played 6 years ago on PS4 to MR 10 before any quests, K-drives, archwings or operators existed).  The one thing this game obviously lacked then was any in-game information on what and how to do things.

I was, frankly, a little shocked when I came back that it's still the case.  But I knew it was a "wiki game" back then, and I really DO enjoy the base gameplay (being a warframe and running missions).

I have found the additions to gameplay not all that much fun.  K-drives, archwings, operators (I don't have railjacks unlocked yet - building 5th part - that is a terrible quest).

I did quite a few quests early, and found most of them either unfun or buggy.  Or both.  I'm not overly thrilled with how much (mods/drops/etc) for WARFRAMES is locked behind the "other" gameplay.  For a very recent example - doing the Razorback mission this week (that drops a primary weapon and mods that are mostly for warframes) requires farming a drop from archwing missions.  Why?  I don't get the impression anyone really enjoys archwing missions (the archwing, apart from a tool to move quickly in open worlds peaked for me in terms of enjoyment during the quest that you get it - it never got more fun).

After that initial bit of questing I focused on just leveling frames and weapons, opening up the star chart, and relic farming for a few weeks.  This is the part of the game that is, IMO, amazing!  I don't mind RNG that much at all.  But once I leveled up all my primes, I'm sitting at MR 13 and need 14 for a few of my blueprints and know that 16 unlocks EVERYTHING gated behind MR ranking, so I started focusing these past few days on the remaining quests (I had done the "main" quests a few weeks ago because I wanted Wisp, locked behind Royopolyst (sp?) so ran those as soon as I knew).

These are just bad, buggy quests.  Really, all of the quests in the game are either bad or forgettable.  Not talking about LORE here, as I think the lore in the game is amazing.  But the quest mechanics are horrible, or easily forgotten.  Apart from Octavia, which I actually enjoyed (the last phase).  That's really the only quest that I can remember without any negative connotations to it.  Second Dream and War Within I did not find fun to play through because I found playing as the operator for so long annoying - and the excal umbra fight is one of the worst designed boss fights I've ever come across.

I'm down to Jordas, Sands, Glast, Cambion Drift, the end of Rising Tide and Revenant is still locked for me (Quills).  I just want these quests done.  I look forward to running the missions to farm the parts for the blueprints I'm getting, but I do not look forward to doing any of these quests.

Honestly, the bugs give a horrible first impression to many things.  When I first went to Plains, it was terrible.  I had no K-Drive.  So I went to Fortuna and did that quest and got it.  A lot of running on foot in that quest.  So I get the K-drive and take it to Plains, and fall under the world in my first mission.  /unstuck doesn't work.  So I power through and get an Archwing.  Now Plains and Orb don't suck.  Bugs on plains make being there suck, though.  And fishing and mining aren't fun (least fun fishing and mining in any game I've every played - and I generally love fishing in games).  I still have a few mod drops from Plains bounties I don't have, but main rep is max.  I'm looking forward to never having to go there again.  Fortuna will be next, and I was saving the newest zone for last (which is why I haven't been to Cambion Drift).

I was looking forward to seeing what the Railjack was, so started the quest a couple weeks ago when Nightwave needed you to run missions.  Saw the timer, looked it up, and after building the 1st part, didn't go back to it until this week (again, Nightwave).  Building part 5 now.  But I no longer care what Railjack missions are like - the quest isn't showing me - it's just annoying me.  All because of the stupidity of the time gating.

I know this sounds overly negative, but I really DO enjoy running missions as a frame (Wisp, Volt, Ivara are my most played right now).  I enjoy farming up relics and then opening them.  Long survivals.  Learning spy missions.  Void vaults.  Since I don't care about MR30 (I'm never going to level all the K-drives, archwings and amps to get it, as none of that sounds fun) all I really want to do is to unlock the frames, weapons and mods for those.

Unfortunately that involves so many bad and buggy quests, and modes/mechanics that are half-developed and/or unfun (for me).  I will either get so tired of the side stuff and quit, or get past it and just do the fun stuff.

I hope it's the latter.

Sorry about the rant, but the bugs are just killing any desire to play (the bad quests don't help).

Honestly, if you are already capable of writing a small thesis about the things that make you upset about the game, it's just going to lead to you being an even more embittered vet than they normally are. 

I'm not trying to be rude by saying I'd go for a different game. Warframe has a lot of frustrating issues but you already seem to be exceptionally salty.

3 hours ago, Wheelhouser said:

Do bugs just not get fixed?

They do get fixed. 95% of them (never play an update on release-month). Then it's "good enough", and DE "doesn't have time" to bother with the remaining 5%.

And yes, those 5% will never get fixed. Even if it would be easy. Even if you make a forum post about it every month. Even if it is about things that cost platinum. They just don't care.

6 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Honestly, if you are already capable of writing a small thesis about the things that make you upset about the game, it's just going to lead to you being an even more embittered vet than they normally are. 

I'm not trying to be rude by saying I'd go for a different game. Warframe has a lot of frustrating issues but you already seem to be exceptionally salty.

Dunno about that. I've been filled with far more spite towards this game than the OP has. Right now, I have about the same level of bile and vitriol. In fact, the reason that there aren't that many embittered veterans left in the game is that they've all gotten fed up and left. Look at a 5 year old thread and you'll see far more founders making posts than you see nowadays.

And yeah, I've also given up on reporting bugs. Of all of the ones I made threads or posts about, I think that exactly one was fixed.

Been playing on PS4 for over a year now, only two reasons DE will consider taking actions.

1.  A problem is making way too much ruckus.  Meaning a lot of players getting aggressive on the forum/social media about an issue.

2.  New contents.  It's a guarantee nowadays whatever DE releases will end up riddled with bugs, lies and disappointment.  They will be active for weeks or even a month fixing and tweaking things up.

In summary: A lot of angry players, that's the only reason DE is taking action.

If you found an issue in the game, search it up first here.  If it has been reported a month or years ago and you see only players(no matter how many they are or how long the thread lasted) discussing it but no attention given by the DE officials, DON'T BOTHER REPORTING.

Unfortunately just gotta keep smashing the point home.

We have been driving many bugs home to them like my personal gripe of issues of both spawns in Cetus and area size of objectives while solo never been corrected. To this day no matter what you do you can legit fail alot of bounties that you have no control over (solo) and even in small groups.

On 2020-10-20 at 11:50 AM, DrivaMain said:

Just keep on reporting. They’ll fix it eventually

And on that note, don't ever report a bug which benefits the playerbase (for instance, the one which lets you deal 2.4 billion damage hits through melee combo multiplier decay). DE obviously have enough bugs on their plate and it's in our best interest that they fix the unpleasant ones first.

• 2 months later...
On 2020-10-21 at 1:26 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

If a bug is really bothering you

take that energy and make a well produced Youtube Video

that's much more likely to get attention than any wall of text on these forums.

DE pays a lot more attention to social media than their own forums.-wouldn't you? with how salty the people here are

Seems to be the case with a lot of devs. Because marketing arms have a different feed through to execs, any anti-content material that crops up and catches like fire in high winds gets caught by the PR teams of publishers and then get action requests. 

Doesn't look like the studio's owners maintained the funding the game needed for kinks to be worked out. To be sold off after only a few years is troubling news, and there's no indication that things will change with Tencent, either. Warframe isn't top of the line - and it is a free to play game. Despite what marketing will try to tell you, the game isn't so dramatically profitable that it was able to grow beyond some very basic elements. Open world + 'bounty' styled missions aren't anything new, really. Hell, DC Universe Online has been doing it for far longer.

Not really? I don't know how it's supposed to help by ignoring them to this point either. They introduce a constant stream of new product into the game but a new player doesn't see that product for months so it's irrelevant to their journey for a long time.

What they do see early on though is stuff like the Interception UI being broken every time they join a game in progress, experiences with getting stuck, falling though the map, getting disconnected from their team (again), countless other bugs, bad balance, the "new" Warframe they just built having 2 useless skills, things like that.. 

I feel that it's really something they should consider putting a bigger focus on improving.

On 2020-10-17 at 12:05 AM, DoomFruit said:

And yeah, I've also given up on reporting bugs. Of all of the ones I made threads or posts about, I think that exactly one was fixed.

Same here. Unless it's a game breaking bug that so many people complain about that it floods into the wrong sub forums they don't care. There are bugs in content that have been there since release and 4 years later are still there. It's not like they don't get reported, people do report them and talk about them but they just don't get fixed.

On 2020-10-17 at 3:57 AM, (PSN)FISSIONoMAILED said:

In summary: A lot of angry players, that's the only reason DE is taking action.

Pretty much how it works, it's unfortunate.

DE is loosing players atm, so it is the logical step really to rush out amap broken update as possible and not fix any old bugs, Clearly, new players come for the bug experience. I bet everyone likes the bug most when you loose all your progress for a host migration, we need more of that.

Archived