Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fans of Mesa.....

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_

I was watching this tv show called Andromeda the other day and it got to this part where one of the characters goes full Mesa 4th ability on the bad guys.  I thought I would share it.

Andromeda Season 4 episode 17 @32 minutes into the episode.   Watch the female actress Lexa Doig who plays the ship AI/android.  

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

Underated movie. That one.

But it felt like something was missing from it. Like it was rushed. It was an adaptation from a book, was it not?

I'm not sure on that, but it did feel a bit rushed at points. 

There was a lot of subtext about the emotion stuff and the drugs that was quickly glossed over in favor of gratuitous action sequences. 

Great action sequences though.  

22 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I was watching this tv show called Andromeda the other day and it got to this part where one of the characters goes full Mesa 4th ability on the bad guys.  I thought I would share it.

Andromeda Season 4 episode 17 @32 minutes into the episode.   Watch the female actress Lexa Doig who plays the ship AI/android.  

Mesa's 4th ability is much inspired in the Gunkata fighting style, it can be seen a lot on the 2002 movie Equilibrium.

3 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Mesa's 4th ability is much inspired in the Gunkata fighting style, it can be seen a lot on the 2002 movie Equilibrium.

I know, I've seen it.    

Guys I didnt say andromeda was the inspiration for Mesa.   Im just tossing out this suggestion to see some Mesa action in other media.    Compare the adromeda clip to equilibrium and then see which you feel is more like Mesa heh.  

3 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Mesa is arguably inspired by various gunfighter scenes: the two that come to mind most for me are these:

the "Gun Kata" fighting style used in Equilibrium, starring Christian Bale:

Spoiler

and also this scene from The Dark Tower, starring Idris Elba:

Spoiler

there are others, but seeing these made me think "so this is what Mesa players think they're doing lol"

Archived