Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is Xaku function properly?

(XBOX)OptimusPrime600

I may be one of the few who believes Xaku is fine as of right now and will get better with round two buffs, but I have why does he function properly. What I mean is why his ability work like they suppose to like Volt, Excalibur, and Mag. Xaku is a mish-mash of three frames and it is a broken frame. Why not embrace that meme concept into something well memey but still useful. Make this frame glitch out where it's abilities stats range between two different set of numbers.

I know some if not most would say that is outrageous and most likely DE won't execute it well, but again this is a Warframe that is combination of three other Warframes and doesn't seem to be properly put together. If I were to build Xaku, I would make its minimum strength of his abilities still pretty useful but of course make the maximum strength incredibly strong probably on the same level as Nezha. To add on that when it take hits from an enemy it will "glitch out" cause it to have a higher or 100% chance to have the maximum strength of its next ability cast. This may solve some issues with Xaku that many may have about him as of right now but of course I don't know since I'm more of a casual player. 

I may be interested in showing my implementation of the current kit of Xaku. 

It depends on how you look at "broken" frame. DE's intent has always been a "frankenstein" frame as opposed to a glitched, non-functional frame, they made that clear when the thread went up asking for ability ideas. It is simply made up of 3 frames that just happened to function well together. I dont think the Orokin would have wasted time on an actually broken product. There may have been other "Xaku" frames prior to Xaku, this one was the one where the combined frames synced.

It is kinda like Frankenstein's monster, it works perfectly well or even better than a human on all levels. It is stronger, more durable, understands human emotion and morality perfectly, while also being able to fully set aside those things to achieve its various goals. It is still a very broken creature on so many levels.

"They/Their", not "it/he/she". Xaku is never referred as a singular form/pronoun. 

Xaku embodies the Void itself: all aspects of making sense and reality are thrown out the window. The Void yet still takes an interest in Warframe's material/real dimension, toying its inhabitants.

The Requiem Words also perfectly and fully describe the Void with horrific accuracy; it was for that reason that most of Xaku's abilities are named off of them.

24 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

"They/Their", not "it/he/she". Xaku is never referred as a singular form/pronoun. 

will point out skeletons do infact determine gender  and as xaku is a skeleton frame using parts of other frames armor shells to cover said skeleton. thus it still would have a definitive gender tells not to mention the dna. given de does not give xaku a gender doesnt mean it dosnt have one (just stating) 

Differences between male and female skeletons, heads and muscles

7 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

will point out skeletons do infact determine gender  and as xaku is a skeleton frame using parts of other frames armor shells to cover said skeleton. thus it still would have a definitive gender tells not to mention the dna. given de does not give xaku a gender doesnt mean it dosnt have one (just stating) 

Xaku really isn't a skeleton Warframe, more of a broken/composite one.

Also, Xaku does have a gender, they're Nonbinary, as confirmed by both DE and in-game description. They are not female or male, they are both, meaning you can't refer to them as binary in either way since that would be incorrect based on their combined identity. And also, skeletons don't determine gender, they determine sex. Remember, sex is biological while gender is sociological.

9 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Per the wiki (which might be not 100% accurate) Xahu was originally intended as a female frame, and some of the original designs where used. Xahu hips, torso and overall structure look more like a female. The chest also looks like a female chest with holes where (not going to type it out) would be.

It could  be a composite of three female frames ☺️

I think Xahu looks cool. The skeleton however does not. And it negates fashioning the frame. DE really needs to rethink that. Why would I invest in a frame with no fashion? Also, how would future skins even work, if we default to a hazy skeleton?

Oh boy, a conversation about gender dynamics! ...Science, pseudoscience, anger, and ignorance notwithstanding, Xaku is three frames mashed together, and arguably is a composite of them. Thus, no matter your opinion or feelings on using "they" as a singular noun, Xaku would self refer as "we," probably, so they is really the only logical way to go about it. And even then, "they" has been in use as an ambiguous third person singular for literally hundreds of years.

And if we're really getting snippy about it, all Warframes should be "it"-s. They're biomechanical meat bags that emulate a human form and act as a conduit for our powers. They have as much gender as a gun does. The only gender your frame has is the one you give it.

As for Xaku, they do function as intended. I mean, it took some time for DE to figure out exactly what they were doing, but I firmly feel this frame is on the right track. They're currently my go-to for Steel Path. 

13 hours ago, (XB1)OptimusPrime600 said:

I may be one of the few who believes Xaku is fine as of right now and will get better with round two buffs, but I have why does he function properly. What I mean is why his ability work like they suppose to like Volt, Excalibur, and Mag. Xaku is a mish-mash of three frames and it is a broken frame. Why not embrace that meme concept into something well memey but still useful. Make this frame glitch out where it's abilities stats range between two different set of numbers.

...Yeah, I really want to play a Warframe that doesn't actually work. That sounds like a heap of fun. 

15 hours ago, (XB1)OptimusPrime600 said:

I know some if not most would say that is outrageous and most likely DE won't execute it well, but again this is a Warframe that is combination of three other Warframes and doesn't seem to be properly put together. If I were to build Xaku, I would make its minimum strength of his abilities still pretty useful but of course make the maximum strength incredibly strong probably on the same level as Nezha. To add on that when it take hits from an enemy it will "glitch out" cause it to have a higher or 100% chance to have the maximum strength of its next ability cast. This may solve some issues with Xaku that many may have about him as of right now but of course I don't know since I'm more of a casual player. 

I don't really want Xaku to be changed from where they are now, with the exception of, of course, Deny. I certainly don't want these changes to be made to try and chase after the biggest error made in the process of creating this community frame, because the 'broken' concept was kind of a losing battle from the get-go. It meant having to create a frame that doesn't work, doesn't have internal synergy, or is just plain bad.

Xaku came out surprisingly solid, and I've been using them exclusively for a while now, greatly enjoying their gameplay. Still figuring out how to optimise, that's certainly true, but overall, it's been fun so far.

The -only- thing I can think of that could be replaced to make room for the thematic aspect you suggest, of having randomised boosts to ability parameters, is the passive, since that thing is disabled while Xaku's 4 is active anyway. However, it is likely that this effect can't be too powerful, or else it will have to be taken out of the base values.

That said, it could be fun to have a passive that has a chance, under certain circumstances, to increase a random ability attribute by [Rank]% of the current value for the next ability cast. That means a range of 200% affected by this passive while at max rank would be boosted up to 260%. Might be too high, in which case it could be reduced to [Rank/2]%. This would also serve, similar to Protea, as a perfect platform for Helminth subsumption and could really expand on Xaku's options.

17 hours ago, Scruffel said:

Also, Xaku does have a gender, they're Nonbinary, as confirmed by both DE and in-game description. They are not female or male, they are both, meaning you can't refer to them as binary in either way since that would be incorrect based on their combined identity. And also, skeletons don't determine gender, they determine sex. Remember, sex is biological while gender is sociological.

If Xaku is both doesn’t that technically qualify as Binary. Because Binary means 2. Non-Binary is identifying outside of the only 2 genders.

55 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nobody cares.

You seem offended that someone does apparently. Pretty sure that's enough caring required to do so. And you wouldn't have responded to be me if you don't.

52 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If Xaku is both doesn’t that technically qualify as Binary. Because Binary means 2. Non-Binary is identifying outside of the only 2 genders.

No, because Xaku is composed of 3 people, so it wouldn't be Binary. Even if 2/3 were male or female, they're still a plural person (as plural can stand for more than one or two), meaning they can't be Binary on the basis of their composite nature.

19 hours ago, Scruffel said:

gender/sex what ever you wish to believe/call it is a  genetic and always present

Spoiler

given all warframes are made from humans infected by helmith to our current understanding , the genetic markers and physical variances of bone and flesh still can given female/male genetic information, whether xaku is a full skeleton or not will should still show that info regardless

de doesnt have to give it a gender  , heck people still get equinox wrong ... but it is logical to conclude one as xaku the human,  most assuredly had one ,given core unit is still its original frame using void to tether its fallen friends parts to it makes logical sense

1 hour ago, Scruffel said:

You seem offended that someone does apparently. Pretty sure that's enough caring required to do so. And you wouldn't have responded to be me if you don't.

No, because Xaku is composed of 3 people, so it wouldn't be Binary. Even if 2/3 were male or female, they're still a plural person (as plural can stand for more than one or two), meaning they can't be Binary on the basis of their composite nature.

but the main core unit is still the original as its using other frames chass parts hooked via void tendrils to anchor them to the xaku body and given what we see under it its safe to assume that frame is still the same sex/gender it was before it lost its meaty parts. and given the original design was female for xaku is a safe bet   the core unit would be female wearing a skin/armor suit of male /female dead frames 

Me too, as there are plenty of people referring to some details incorrectly such as "Fortuna" being the open-world landscape over the "Orb Vallis". Detail consistency and accuracy matters.

2 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Nobody cares.

Just you, or surely everyone else? There are other people like me who do care about these details. Some details, minor as they are, can be misleading.

21 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

gender/sex what ever you wish to believe/call it is a  genetic and always present

No, gender and sex are not the same thing, nor are they interchangeable. And it's not a thing I just made up because I wanted to believe in something, it's something that's been proven and confirmed by biologists and sociologists for the past years. It's very basic research and understanding.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

de doesnt have to give it a gender  , heck people still get equinox wrong ... but it is logical to conclude one as xaku the human,  most assuredly had one ,given core unit is still its original frame using void to tether its fallen friends parts to it makes logical sense

But DE did give them one, it's again, Nonbinary. You're still conflating gender and sex as the same thing, so still, not sure what you're point is. The skeletal structure is indeed a part of Xaku, but not only would that part do nothing without the others (as it's basically the base for them) but they are still composed of 3 different people that make up both Xaku's body and ability set.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

and given the original design was female for xaku is a safe bet   the core unit would be female wearing a skin/armor suit of male /female dead frames 

Can you show me evidence of this being the case? Also, Warframes being of a certain sex in concept is not a new thing as Blaze (male) used to be Ember and Smoke (female) used to be Ash. With that logic, what would you conclude of these Warframes?

You’re saying that the fact that it’s 3 frames means that 1 of them is neither male nor female. That literally makes zero sense. If I have 2 friends with me and one of them is female that doesn’t automatically make the third friend non-binary. It’s still just 2 genders being present. Regardless of how many frames Xaku is made up of.

25 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Just you, or surely everyone else? There are other people like me who do care about these details. Some details, minor as they are, can be misleading.

Well considering the fact that I see more people calling Xaku “he” or “she” instead of “they”. I’d say that the majority of people don’t care for adhering to preferred pronouns.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re saying that the fact that it’s 3 frames means that 1 of them is neither male nor female. That literally makes zero sense. If I have 2 friends with me and one of them is female that doesn’t automatically make the third friend non-binary. It’s still just 2 genders being present. Regardless of how many frames Xaku is made up of.

I did not say that at all, read what I said again. "Even if 2/3 were male or female". I am saying that if 2 of the frames were only male or female and the other being the opposite, not that one of them had to be Nonbinary. No matter what, Xaku can't be Binary on the basis of their structure.

Look, it's simple Xaku is compossed of (at least) 3 frames wich means that it has at least 3 minds that in the best case they remember what they were. The sex of a human is not only based on the skeleton but on the entire body looking specifically on things like reproductive organs, hormones and such things wich Xaku simply dont have. As far as I know, there were no special cores for frames (maybe the oro but still) and even then, if Xaku's og frames had those cores they surely broke and melt, the fact that we see the skeleton of one doesnt imply that is the predominant one.

In any case the warframes before Xaku were indeed warframes with a sex well defined (maybe) but Xaku has multiple minds, doesnt have defining sexual characteristics apart from some shapes and even if the warframes have a defining core Xaku's core would be the void itself or something like that wich I don't think has a sex.

Want it simpler? Think about the main body of the infestation, multiple organisms melted in one large body with no form at all, curiously enough, Xaku resided in the most infested place we can land a foot on.

1 minute ago, Scruffel said:

No, gender and sex are not the same thing, nor are they interchangeable. And it's not a thing I just made up because I wanted to believe in something, it's something that's been proven and confirmed by biologists and sociologists for the past years. It's very basic research and understanding.

But DE did give them one, it's again, Nonbinary. You're still conflating gender and sex as the same thing, so still, not sure what you're point is. The skeletal structure is indeed a part of Xaku, but not only would that part do nothing without the others (as it's basically the base for them) but they are still composed of 3 different people that make up both Xaku's body and ability set.

Can you show me evidence of this being the case? Also, Warframes being of a certain sex in concept is not a new thing as Blaze (male) used to be Ember and Smoke (female) used to be Ash. With that logic, what would you conclude of these Warframes?

Yes  i am aware of the ash/ember gender bending via the early part of the game, ive mentioned it a few times over the years here myself.  As well as what De wishes to slap the label on, pokemon go also has a non binary character so that is NOT what i am speaking on and its apparent .  1st of all i am not caring about whatever mentality/labeling or current social agenda is to date. its not what im talking about and is a topic for another thread 

now yes the concepts seem very basic but your not getting it which worries me , so please ignore you baser logic to argue and actually listen to the information 

by which I am referring to is the genetic sexual traits and dimorphism to a species , aka male , female and even hermaphrodite. anything beyond that is a social label  or a mental association not in tangent with said discussion aka NON BINARY isnt what is being talked. that is the labeled reference DE wishes to place on xaku and thats fine  but thats not what im refering to or speaking on so you seem to be confusing gender and identifiers of society so lets be clear on this 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Well considering the fact that I see more people calling Xaku “he” or “she” instead of “they”. I’d say that the majority of people don’t care for adhering to preferred pronouns.

^ this is fine for people to do but then gears is referign to the social label of a "gender" with the genetic reference so i hope this isnt being mentally reflected to my conversation with you, so i wish to explain this is a separate topic from what im speaking on 

be it bone, flesh or chromosone, DNA the genetic traits aka xx, or xy exist that is a fact and we have physical body shaping that can be used to distinguish the two as well as tests. now the hermaphrodites' can make that a bit harder but its still on the whole broken down to the xx/xy categories which im referring to aka male & female genetically

now on some visually it can be hard , i understand this myself as i am a bit feminine in appearance while being a male . i live with it and understand the representation of being called a girl when i am in fact a boy by genetics, so hopefully that clears up the discussion as i think you were having a bleed over from another 

Now i do happen to be a lore enthusiast on warframe , and on the reveal of the sacrifice (something ive probably re-played a bit to much) we have the info that all frames were people/humans originally, with me so far ? 

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

now this is a bit confusing ^ but i understand what gears is trying to state  , if in a weird ..way

per xakus LORE it was forged from the remnants of entrati expedition I.E.  3 frames placed onto one

CURRENT model 

1438e05c3312d69c3b9fa156e16ccfa714bae5bb.png 

EARLY DESIGN

unknown.png

as you can see from the early design the initial concept was a more female themed approach  (as you asked for my reference ) 

now what gears and I are trying to convey on that part that seems to elude you is that the base core frame with all the armor removed is its own frame aka the original, meaning it still retains a gender of male or female and by proxy the original concept design was for a female themed 

skeletal form 

See the source image

Male/ Female https://naturalhistory.si.edu/education/teaching-resources/written-bone/skeleton-keys/male-or-female

See the source image

female-skeleton-04_preview-.jpg?1530265019&s=eebf3d09d5256143b9bfb1ae757219b4

now per the skeletal reference and xakus 4rth powers state you can clearly observe female skeletal structure and key points match up, which mean the main unit, core frame that is a frame, is infact female on the genetic and physical level. 

the other 2 frames combined to xaku are simply shell or chassis parts equipped and anchored by void energy/tendrils 

so i hope this clarifies the confusion and discussion 

Ok, semantics (both of the "skelly anatomy applied to robots, despite the only once-a-humanoid frame is a dad" and the "muh french word for it loaned to not imply intercourse totally means something different" kind) aside, does anyone actually have some suggestions on the mechanics of xakus gameloop for the next buff/revision part 2~3?

1 hour ago, Andele3025 said:

Ok, semantics (both of the "skelly anatomy applied to robots, despite the only once-a-humanoid frame is a dad" and the "muh french word for it loaned to not imply intercourse totally means something different" kind) aside, does anyone actually have some suggestions on the mechanics of xakus gameloop for the next buff/revision part 2~3?

Buff Grasp of Lohk gun range.

Remove the # of guns dependence on range and just have the maximum # of guns be a static 15.

Increase Gaze base defense reduction to 70%.
Increase Gaze cast speed.

let Grasp of Lohk guns target Accused enemies.

replace Evasion Chance with damage reduction.

give her a new passive.

Archived