Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FPS dropped after update (05/11/2020)

AlliensD

As stated by developers, the graphic of this game has been improved after today's UPDATE (05/11/2020).  However, the truth is that game frames dropped significantly from 200+ fps to 59 fps especially when you get access to Cambion Drift (15 fps).

What a such big surprise :P    

Glad to share my PC configurations to u guys as below: 

System Information
------------------
      Time of this report: 5/11/2020, 20:43:40
         Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
             System Model: MS-7C84
                     BIOS: 1.00 (type: UEFI)
                Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor             (32 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                   Memory: 65536MB RAM
Display Devices
---------------
           Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
        Manufacturer: NVIDIA
           Chip type: GeForce RTX 3090

So pls tell me, how much should i pay for a new desktop which can fit for your system requirements?

Looking forward to ur reply.

Yes, in another thread I indicated that it was limited to modding and navigation but after playing a sortie, with a squad of 4(I was the host) the game felt incredibly choppy in the plains and in Uranus. Eventhough my fps showed 120 it felt like I was playing at 30 fps or something. 

i have performance problems too, it used to run 60fps+ all the time, now sometimes, for no reason, in a hub, in orbiter or anywhere else, the framerate will drop at random moments (seemingly) for between 1 second to 3-4 seconds. Really, what's going on?? Is something broken in the graphics of the game and we don't know about it?

• 3 weeks later...

experiencing similar issues. significant FPS drop all over the place and a noticable stuttering. No change as far as I can see to my latency or ping but definite FPS drop. Stuttering is not corrected even when switching to lowest quality (though fps does go up it still fluctuates like crazy and stutters) while I previously played on highest quality

I made a thread some days ago about this with a video showing exactly the problem I'm experiencing. After some playtime performance seems to deteriorate. FPS go from 144 to 10-30, when you aim sometimes FPS are getting back to normal but when you stop aiming it's back there waiting to ruin your experience. I can't find a pattern as to what is causing all of that, sometimes it happens on grineer ships, sometimes on corpus or in a free roam map. Restarting the game seems to fixing the issues.

32gb ddr4 @2666mhz

Don't think it is tied to ram usage tbh. At least not directly. I got plenty ram and all of a sudden my performance took a huge hit.

Game gets extremely stuttery when enemies start stacking up. It isn't just an FPS drop, even fi I have like 100 fps, the game feels extremely choppy as if I'm playing @ 40 fps.

I'm also experiencing frame drops after the recent update.

On my 2060 i used to get 100ish FPS but now i drops to 50-60ish

On my AMD RX6800 XT, I'm getting the same 50-60ish FPS, being that the new AMD card is supposed to be on par with the 3080, this fps is unacceptable. I am not sure whether AMD driver or just that the game isn't optimised for AMD cards.

I took advice from another thread and deleted directx shader cache. 

Worked for me.

On 2020-11-24 at 8:46 PM, CinderSail said:

Right click on the drive you have windows installed on and click properties. Go to disk clean up under the general tab. From here check off DirectX Shader Cache.

edit :

Well today I played steelpath alerts and it was back to the stuttery mess it was before.

As of 29.5.4, the stuttering is mostly gone, but I'm still getting a lot of frame drops, especially when there are decorations around (orbiter and dojo), whenever visual effects start stacking up or UI elements are present ( in arsenal/foundry/modding or when pressing TAB in mission). Graphics settings do almost nothing - lowest and choppiest framerates are ~55 on 720p low and ~40 on 1440p all high, gpu usage at 2k barely breaks 60% in missions (around 80% in orbiter though). Renderer and DirectX settings also do not have any discernable performance differences.

The problem persists across almost all games, so chances are Warframe isn't even the worst offender here.

Heavy stutter still persists. I have my fps capped at 144 and I'm playing on 144hz monitor. But I'm having huge stutter at times(in regular missions as well) and even if it shows my FPS around 100-144, it feels like I'm playing at 40-50 fps. It is choppy. Those who play at high fps on high refresh rate monitors know the smoothness of that. And also know how choppy it feels when the smoothness goes away.

The navigation screen and Mod secreen FPS drop is still there too.

I suspect that they are somehow linked because for me they were both introduced in the same update(Nezha prime I think).

And so far DE hasn't acknowledged it, which means this is a problem not reported by many, or they haven't been able to isolate the issue.

My specs : 

32gb ddr4 ram @ 2666mhz.

I7 7700K(OC @ 4.9ghz)

2060 rtx

Game is installed on samsung evo 850 500gb ssd. Windows 10 2H20 64bit.

At first i though it's DX12 to blame. But found that game still runs on DX11. And with DX 12 it even worse.

Don't know what DE did, but it's really bad.

Yeah, game now casues less heat on GPU. Both in DX11 and DX12... which is quite bizzare, since normally it's DX12 feature to optimize GPU load to minimize heat, But it's a thing on DX11 as well.
It seem DE just manually down throttled how much stress game can cause on GPU. So yeah, it reduces overall heat... but at cost of awful performance drop?.. - no thx, i prefer have old 70c-73c heat with good old performance.

After 29.5.5 or 29.5.5.1 (hard to tell which, since they were too close to each other) i started to get MASSIVE FPS gaps inside the Isolation Vaults, when after i AOE-nuke big pack of Infested my FPS falls to literally 0 for a 5-10 seconds. Which often leads to me being disconnected from the Host. Files Verification and Optimization did not help.

i7-10700K, 3.8GHz

16Gb RAM, DDR4, 3.6MHz

MSI Geforce GTX1660 Super

Warframe is on SSD

EDIT: Also additional fact - i tried beta DX12 when it was announced. And switched back right after i saw how FPS-unstable it was for me.

On 2020-11-05 at 8:14 AM, AlliensD said:

As stated by developers, the graphic of this game has been improved after today's UPDATE (05/11/2020).  However, the truth is that game frames dropped significantly from 200+ fps to 59 fps especially when you get access to Cambion Drift (15 fps).

That's 15 fps in Cambion Drift on a 3950X / RTX 3090? Can you please make sure that you're not running anything in the background? We've seen some reports that apps such as MSI Afterburner could be causing issues, so we'll want to make sure that there's nothing in the background that could be making this worse.

It would also be a good idea to verify and optimize your download cache. Sometimes when there are strange drops like this, it can be caused by missing or corrupt game files. So doing that will help rule out such issues. You can do this by clicking the little cogwheel in the Warframe launcher.

verf5.png

We're continuing to look into improvements that we can make in the open world levels, but we've not yet come across anything that could explain why a system like yours would be dropping to as low as 15 fps. So if there's any additional information you can provide, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

On 2020-11-30 at 11:51 PM, [DE]Linkski said:

That's 15 fps in Cambion Drift on a 3950X / RTX 3090? Can you please make sure that you're not running anything in the background? We've seen some reports that apps such as MSI Afterburner could be causing issues, so we'll want to make sure that there's nothing in the background that could be making this worse.

It would also be a good idea to verify and optimize your download cache. Sometimes when there are strange drops like this, it can be caused by missing or corrupt game files. So doing that will help rule out such issues. You can do this by clicking the little cogwheel in the Warframe launcher.

verf5.png

We're continuing to look into improvements that we can make in the open world levels, but we've not yet come across anything that could explain why a system like yours would be dropping to as low as 15 fps. So if there's any additional information you can provide, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Please also look in to the Navigation screen and Modding screen FPS drops.

After Nezha Prime update(or one of it's hotfixes) I've started getting unstable fps whenever I access the Navigation screen or the modding screen. I have my fps capped at 144hz but my fps drops to 100-120 in those 2 particular screens, and it becomes more evident when I hover my mouse on planet nodes or mods.

As for Deimos, while I do have much lower fps in it compared to the rest of the game, I have less stutter. In the regular missions I also have stutter similar to the navigaiton menu, from time to time, which makes the game feel very choppy, despite still having above 100 fps..

2 hours ago, White_Matter said:

Please also look in to the Navigation screen and Modding screen FPS drops.

After Nezha Prime update(or one of it's hotfixes) I've started getting unstable fps whenever I access the Navigation screen or the modding screen. I have my fps capped at 144hz but my fps drops to 100-120 in those 2 particular screens, and it becomes more evident when I hover my mouse on planet nodes or mods.

As for Deimos, while I do have much lower fps in it compared to the rest of the game, I have less stutter. In the regular missions I also have stutter similar to the navigaiton menu, from time to time, which makes the game feel very choppy, despite still having above 100 fps..

The exact same thing happens to me actually. I get pretty bad stuttering/lag in the Mods and Navigation screens. I also have my fps capped at 144hz, and V-Sync is turned off in the options menu. Though in my Nvidia control panel I have V-Sync and G-Sync enabled which is what works best on G-Sync panels. Thankfully, the stuttering only last about a second. This is also more for DE to know, but it appears this happens in both DX11 and DX12.

CPU - i7 6700k
GPU - GTX 1070
RAM - 16GB 3200mhz

Update:

I did what the [DE] Linkski said to do however the problem still persist.

RTX2060: 40fps average open world

AMD RX6800 XT: 35 to 40 average fps on open world

RTX3060ti: 40 average

Games seem more stable on Nvidia cards than AMD GPUs.

Where is the love for AMD support?

Archived