Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo: Let us place a custom player spawn

Nosolus

It may not seem like all that important change, but it would be such a great quality of life change for Dojo owners. Not only it would be great if we could select a custom, 1 spot spawn points, but it would also be awesome if we could place it anywhere in the Dojo.

Right now you have to resort to a huge amount of trickery to make it work the way you want (which even then, doesn't exactly work how you would like it).

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Yes, but usually get up spawning inside placed decorations,  sometimes even being trapped on spawn depending on decoration count and placement.

That's on the person who placed the decorations, don't place them where the spawn point is

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

That's on the person who placed the decorations, don't place them where the spawn point is

Some rooms have multiple spawn points, players appear in random ones. Avoiding every spawn point when placing decorations is not something i'm into. Being able to remove/add or move existing spawn points would be nice.

I would love some kind of spawn customization. I personally think it should be more along the lines of finetuning the radius of the spawns in each room from the console. 

Every room seems to have spawn points which are utilized when loading back into the dojo after completing a mission because it throws you into a random(I assume) room on loading. And while it would be nice to set spawn points specifically, as spawning inside decorations is incredibly common, I feel this would be potentially too demanding, as well as time consuming to place in every room (To utilize playing missions from dojo and spawning into rooms) or possibly even too limiting that it wont be possible to have every room as a spawn room. 

+1 for something spawn related - But, preferably modified radius of spawns to keep the spawning in random rooms rather than for the chosen spawning room itself.

21 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Except, there are rules on the amount of spawn points a room has. If for example you build a Grand hall and make it a spawn room, then unless you use all of the extra doors with other rooms (or hallways), then there are 6 spawn points in the whole room. (see spoiler)

Spoiler

unknown.png

Only when you fill the doors up with buildings, there will only be one spawn point in the room, which as well is pretty random (the bottom rectangle). It is Hard to build around it.

What I'd like is to have some decorative item, that we could place ANYWHERE in the Dojo, and everyone would spawn exactly on it. It would help immensely.

4 hours ago, Lunoru said:

What I'd like is to have some decorative item, that we could place ANYWHERE in the Dojo, and everyone would spawn exactly on it. It would help immensely.

I think that would be pretty good, just need to work out any possible bugs depending on where it gets placed (Although I think it would be good to explore the entire dojo relay from the skybox, which can be seen at the dry dock; Granted, I don't think that'll occur specifically. I don't know if that Solar Rail Tileset counts).

If it became possible to place a visitor's spawn point, you can set up dojo tours that way too!

Archived