Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please let us kick AFK moochers off our Railjacks

Brynslustafir

They just join, park themselves in the cargo hold and do nothing, not even forge supplies. They're only here to mooch off the intrinsics they didn't earn, and it's really not good that there's no clear penalty for this behavior. I can report every single one I encounter, but it won't make a difference as long as they aren't penalized.

1 hour ago, Brynslustafir said:

They just join, park themselves in the cargo hold and do nothing, not even forge supplies. They're only here to mooch off the intrinsics they didn't earn, and it's really not good that there's no clear penalty for this behavior. I can report every single one I encounter, but it won't make a difference as long as they aren't penalized.

It's been asked for time and time and time and time and time again, and it has been ignored twice as much.  The problem with vote kicking is that it would open up the potential for abuse from the player base and using a vote kick to kicking out otherwise supportive players.  Not to mention create a method of bullying.  

Instead DE has set up that AFKers that sit there for too long doing nothing, they will not get the mission rewards.  Those that know this will move in such a was as to avoid the AFK penalty, in which case they will leech the mission by doing minimal movements.  if you see this, screenshots, and/or short film clips and a ticket to support (SupportDesk on the forums) will get you to where you need to report it.  And I can tell you the reporting function of this game is far more detailed than even DE will admit to publicly.  If it's anything like Cryptic's reporting function -- when you report leechers and AFKers, they can see that too in their reports. 

By all means report them, and move on.  Don't waste time, effort or energy building up the rancor to be asking for vote kicks.  Seven and a half years and it still hasn't been incorporated.  So it's pretty easy to assume that it'll never happen.  

18 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

well sounds like you can solo things anyway so go solo

Railjack was never designed to be played solo. If I get stuck with moochers, I'm effectively playing solo even though I opened a squad. That's just not how this is supposed to work.

If someone deliberately chooses to join a group activity, they need to actually be part of the group. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb Brynslustafir:

If someone deliberately chooses to join a group activity, they need to actually be part of the group. 

Well, apparently not in this game. Sorry, I had to. Gallows humor, I suppose.

But yeah, it sucks and it's the same thing everywhere not just in Railjack. E/SO, bounties, fissures. I don't get this mentality anyways. If I play a game I want to actually play and not stand around. But hey, what can you expect from a community where even partners/content creators advocate for and explain how to leech in public Railjack and ESO squads and say it's the way to go?

Idc Smile GIF

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

But yeah, it sucks and it's the same thing everywhere not just in Railjack. E/SO, bounties, fissures. I don't get this mentality anyways. If I play a game I want to actually play and not stand around. But hey, what can you expect from a community where even partners/content creators advocate for and explain how to leech in public Railjack and ESO squads and say it's the way to go?

The answer is simple. How much content in Warframe requires teamwork? Other than certain farming methods with maximized efficiency - none. Lack of challenge leads to leeching.

6 hours ago, Dauggie said:

well sounds like you can solo things anyway so go solo

If the OP wanted solo railjack missions, they would have done. Instead, what they wanted was a squad who would play the game alongside them. What happened instead was that some parasite joined and sat there taking up a space which could otherwise have been used by someone who actually wanted to play and whose presence would have been valued by the host.

I think one of the problems is the fact that piloting the ship is the only "fun" activity and if you have a good ship with good weapons you dont even get any ship fires to put out and the rear guns aren't needed either.

Im not saying being afk is OK at all, but the reason people afk these things is the fact that they are boring yet necessary for some. Personally I always try to help where ever needed but most of the time its just standing still waiting for something to happen or forge to be ready. 

They should really work on making engaging gameplay, recently theres been a lot of really simple mobilegame level tasks and missions. I mean look at Deimos it had more forced fishing/mining/hunting than before for some reason even though almost nobody likes that. Then theres railjack with pretty much same missions over and over and only pilot is having fun if you like space shootouts. 

9 hours ago, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

I wouldn't go as far as trusting players with the power to vote kick, but I wouldn't mind a timed afk kick (with warnings and timers included, as other games do), and available only on public missions.

On top of this 3 strike a day and your are locked out from joining any public or recruit teams. Also, if a mission take less than 1-2 mins, there should be a bot for catching player being AFK for half the duration of mission or not wanting to run to extraction, they get 2 warning before the 3rd time triggers the first strike. Outside of that the 4-5 mins should to do an auto strike and no rewards even if a player than decided to join mission after their account is strike. And if things persist keep adding longer bans, possible 15 year no team ban. Best lesson for them AFKers.

Today, I got into multiple occasions where players went to extraction and AFK'ed till we finished the rest of the mission Kuva flood. If the objective is finished and the siphon is about finished I understand but if there is still a task as hand and they are not at the slightest interested in helping they shouldn't be given any rewards or flagged. In addition to this, those players were were MR30 players.

It was funny also a SpeedVa was farming SE on Odin and stood in one spot randomly pressing 4, they came into regional chat and complained they got no reward because the bot thought they were AFKing macro spamming probably. We all told him well then move around to no trigger the bot. lol

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Xaero:

The answer is simple. How much content in Warframe requires teamwork? Other than certain farming methods with maximized efficiency - none. Lack of challenge leads to leeching.

That certainly is a part of it but not "the answer". Unless you mean to say that every single leecher exists because of a lack in challenge and teamwork requirements - which I'd disagree with.

On 2020-11-16 at 9:57 AM, Brynslustafir said:

Railjack was never designed to be played solo. If I get stuck with moochers, I'm effectively playing solo even though I opened a squad. That's just not how this is supposed to work.

well it all started cuz players just consider it as normal to leech of affinity to rank p their stuff. whenever i see someone ask for xp farm location on region chat, most players will just say "go to some public railjack missions, easy xp" that's the main problem. no one actually goes there to do RJ missions, which ofcourse is sad, but since after next update the focus is on corpus liches which includes RJ, lets see what happens

9 hours ago, Dauggie said:

well it all started cuz players just consider it as normal to leech of affinity to rank p their stuff. whenever i see someone ask for xp farm location on region chat, most players will just say "go to some public railjack missions, easy xp" that's the main problem. no one actually goes there to do RJ missions, which ofcourse is sad, but since after next update the focus is on corpus liches which includes RJ, lets see what happens

If they introduce the command intrinsic at the same time and if it gives at least basic functionality (eg. you can put a lich in the main cannon, in the forge and possibly even on the side guns or in the cockpit), then I don't see there being any more public missions than there are now.

The only time I ever do lich missions on public mode is a) they're something best done with multiple players like defence, interception or maybe survival; and b) my lich's anger level is low so that it won't appear and get shot down by the other players before it's created its 10 thralls. Railjack is also something that wants to be done solo, putting the two together is not going to make me do it on public mode.

Especially when I've already got 1024 points saved up and ready to max out the command tree the moment it arrives.

The way to stop this nonsense in all game modes is not a kick function, but instead is DE to change the way xp is eraned, and by that i mean instead of total kill divided by squad members and them distributed so effort isn't needed, it should be xp on kills made by each weapon therefore you would have to a use every weapon not just equip and lech  but also get say 500 or 1000 kills with each to eran the xp for that weapon. This change would see in railjacks case players active on side guns or away missions trying to get kills for xp not as at present rewarded most xp for least work done. And yes even i have mastered weapons with 0 kills to, but by concent and mutual work with clanmates in sanctuary not on public as its not fair on random players

37 minutes ago, (PSN)camwyn-xenos said:

kills

If I understood you correctly, you are saying you should do enough kills to level your weapon? This wouldnt work because a better player (or better equipped) can easilly out-kill everyone else thus only he would level and get even more ahead of everyone. And side-guns on the ship are useless compared to the main front guns that can wipe out whole squads of enemies in one hit. 

Also support players would be severely punished by this. 

Archived