Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan Amber Star spawn issue [Fixed]

Blaff60

As the title suggests, Ayatan Amber Stars never seem to spawn in missions (containers, lockers, etc.) after the Arcana update. Typically, during my normal play experience, Amber Stars tend to drop to a 4 cyan stars to 1 amber. As of now, I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but Amber Stars don't/haven't spawn in the Star Chart nodes at all.

30 minutes ago, Blaff60 said:

As of now, I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but Amber Stars don't/haven't spawn in the Star Chart nodes at all.

It’s your bad luck/RNG. I have been finding them in missions, even multiple in a mission. I believe I got three amber stars in one Deimos vault mission.

I don't have any issue with RNG regarding Amber drops because I typically get at least 1-2 stars per day and I play WF for 12 hrs everyday since June. It's no coincidence that Amber Stars haven't dropped in any planet node missions outside of open-world missions since the Arcana update was released. I can't speak if Amber stars now only drop commonly in Deimos since I can barely run WF open-world with my specs at low settings (Intel I3, Intel 4000HD-M, 4GB) but if Amber Stars now drop commonly in Deimos then that's a big problem.

On 2020-11-25 at 6:26 PM, Blaff60 said:

but if Amber Stars now drop commonly in Deimos then that's a big problem.

Why is that a problem? 

Now that we have a new patch are you still getting issues? It’s not a new thing to go many hours/days without getting any. I haven’t noticed a change from what I expect (I am not playing 12 hours a day).

After several days scavenging whole mission maps, opening every chest, cache and container along the whole star chart I'm with the OP on this matter, I was unable to find a single Amber star. Not sure if you still can get them as bounties rewards, still something is broken since latest big Arcana update as mentioned before.

Like the Orokin Containers which can drop mods in the Void, Deimos vault crates also use unique drop table logic (which includes amber stars), so amber stars appearing there (frequently) does not mean they are not bugged in the rest of the game.

I have also only seen Cyan stars in other missions recently, so I'll +1 this being probably broken.

On 2020-11-29 at 2:40 AM, krc473 said:

Why is that a problem? 

Now that we have a new patch are you still getting issues? It’s not a new thing to go many hours/days without getting any. I haven’t noticed a change from what I expect (I am not playing 12 hours a day).

I'll make this concise. I'm the type of person who scour maps in non-endless missions and break crates and open locker. Everyday I finish Syndicate missions for points and at least 1-2 missions have at least a drop of Amber Star or two. Mind you that I do this everyday since I started playing in June. Post-Arcana, my routine playing go as usual but when the Ambers stopped dropping, that's where this gets odd and now you know that there's something's wrong. 

If you want to try this, play all non-endless Syndicate missions for three days and see if you can collect at least ONE amber star.

Hell, this is isn't an isolated case anymore. https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/k2l4lj/ayatan_amber_stars_are_not_dropping_since_deimos/

This change could be implemented by DE in order to force us to do their vault missions in Deimos. But if i am bored of Deimos, if i done everrything there, why DE force me to go back to Deimos only for Amber stars? This is not right. And this is a non-anounced change in latest patches.

I'm under the impression that this is definitely a bug. I started playing a few weeks ago and are currently on Pluto and I am yet to find a SINGLE amber star. I've done all nodes on all the others planets and even ran missions in the void breaking every container and still haven't even got 1 star to drop, but have plenty of cyans dropping pretty frequently.

Agreed, talked about this is various squad members in PUGs too: everyone tends to have about a 1:5 ration of amber:cyan stars in inventory, but there have not been any amber stars dropping anywhere (but Deimos vaults and possibly Deimos open world, but I haven't heard/seen evidence of that yet).

It's just broken, please fix :)

I'm a new player, so didn't assume anything was amiss until I had amassed close to 100 cyan stars and no amber. I just assumed they were super rare drops, and maybe at "end-game" I'd get some to put in these sculptures that I seem to be accumulating.

Until looking on the wiki and other places people were talking about getting amber drops about 20% of the time a star drops. Which confused me.

So I can also say, that on general missions going through the star chart, amber stars are not dropping.

On 2020-12-02 at 8:09 AM, Kammakazi said:

Yeah there's literally no Amber Stars dropping in regular missions.

If you're doing Deimos/Deimos Vaults, then yes, you will see them.

Can  confirm I tend to break everything in missions and got 1 Amber star in a vault this week not a single one in regular missions.

Just recently restarted warframe on PC about two weeks ago, having played for years on Xbox. so far i have gotten over 100 cyan stars and not a single amber star. as far as i know the only way for me to get amber stars currently is through requiem relics (my laptop can hardly run deimos)

Yeah, I have noticed this same issue for the weeks since Deimos: Arcana, but I figured it was just bad luck, and I was playing a lot of ESO and speed-running void fissures, so I figured I wouldn't be getting them anyhow, based on the content I was playing. But in the last week, I have been playing normal content and I realized that they just aren't dropping. I have gotten several dozen cyan stars, but zero amber stars since Deimos: Arcana. Glad to hear DE is investigating, cause I don't really care to run bounties on Deimos to get them every time I need them. Good thing I have a few dozen saved up....

Archived