Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Nora really need to have a whole Vor Speech every time glass spawns?

(XBOX)TehChubbyDugan

A very large amount of your players are tired of the Glass Holes.  A large part of that is Nora.  She has like 5 transmissions for every single glass spawn.  She can't just chime in one time per spawn and go "It's glass, lord knows how this is still going on since you already took care of Nihil, but here we are until goddamn January anyway."  and then that's it, oh no.  She just keeps showing back up, just shocked as all hell that there's glassed enemies and "oh noes what will we do, how do we stop them who could be behind this?!!1!"  like literally 4 or 5 transmissions every single spawn.

Just like the odds were not against us, we:

Know what that damn glass fissure sound means

Know exactly why this is still happening (DE refuses to have NW run for a reasonable amount of time.)

Know exactly how to take them down

Know exactly who is behind it.

She doesn't need to keep friggin asking.  She doesn't need to talk about them at all.  And no, I don't want to shut off transmissions for the whole game because I'm tired of one character.  That's absolutely ridiculous.  I don't even want to completely mute Nora.  I just want the Glass Holes to go and I want her to shut up about them until they do.

We will add this set of transmissions to the 'Enable Hint Transmission' slider in the audio options. That way you don't have to mute all of Nora with her dedicated slider. This will also mute the more common transmissions in the game from characters such as Lotus and Ordis.

The Mute Nora slider was the best thing DE added to the game in months. And yes, not only do I mute her completely, if there was a "Revive Nihil, toss Nora to him and pay him to kill her quickly", I'd be punching it to the point where I'd probably destroy my keyboard or break a finger.

On 2020-11-30 at 10:05 AM, [DE]George said:

We will add this set of transmissions to the 'Enable Hint Transmission' slider in the audio options. That way you don't have to mute all of Nora with her dedicated slider. This will also mute the more common transmissions in the game from characters such as Lotus and Ordis.

You know what's super hilarious about this comment?  I, a console player, am the one that made it.  Yet the solution being put out by you guys probably won't hit consoles until we get whatever super delayed patch we're going to get, probably at the end of January next year.  You know...  When this god forsaken NW series is supposed to end and we'll be free from "HOLD UP" every 5 seconds anyway.  

On 2020-12-03 at 11:49 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

... and we'll be free from "HOLD UP" every 5 seconds anyway.  

Until the next Nightwave introduces the next encounter type forcing itself into all gameplay, and Nora or some other NPC feels the need to react to it in the same way every time. At least !Lotus can do math again; for a while, every single Mobile Defense objective had the "I miscalculated!" soundbyte. Not sure why she still insists on telling us to run every time she thinks the Grustrag Three are coming, either - their success rate these days can't be that high.

Warframe's got a serious problem with repetition of dialogue and pushy weirdness in general, really. Every Conservation NPC assumes we're absolutely always keeping an eye out for Conservation targets, even in the middle of an unrelated Bounty or prolonged encounter, for another example. Could just only have the Conservation NPCs chatter when we've opted in to the Conservation objective by picking up the trail at the start point, but no, apparently Son has to whine about the accidental annihilation of every suicidally stupid Cryptilex charging in to bite me while I'm waving around a giant murder stick at far more noticeable giant meaty murder bugs. And Onkko absolutely must tell me about the Sentient energy spikes, and how Eidolon lures work, every night and every time I shoot a lure to hopefully stop it luring things that are tedious to kill.

15 hours ago, OricSharp said:

Until the next Nightwave introduces the next encounter type forcing itself into all gameplay, and Nora or some other NPC feels the need to react to it in the same way every time. At least !Lotus can do math again; for a while, every single Mobile Defense objective had the "I miscalculated!" soundbyte. Not sure why she still insists on telling us to run every time she thinks the Grustrag Three are coming, either - their success rate these days can't be that high.

Warframe's got a serious problem with repetition of dialogue and pushy weirdness in general, really. Every Conservation NPC assumes we're absolutely always keeping an eye out for Conservation targets, even in the middle of an unrelated Bounty or prolonged encounter, for another example. Could just only have the Conservation NPCs chatter when we've opted in to the Conservation objective by picking up the trail at the start point, but no, apparently Son has to whine about the accidental annihilation of every suicidally stupid Cryptilex charging in to bite me while I'm waving around a giant murder stick at far more noticeable giant meaty murder bugs. And Onkko absolutely must tell me about the Sentient energy spikes, and how Eidolon lures work, every night and every time I shoot a lure to hopefully stop it luring things that are tedious to kill.

It doesn't really matter, but I was fairly annoyed when Son started chewing me out for blasting some cryptilexes from a distance right when Deimos first came out.  Like I was supposed to know these monster bugs were not like all the other monster bugs that have been attacking me.

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I was on a moon covered in a goddamn technocyte virus YOU people created that absorbs everything it touches, and that all the flora and fauna on this hellscape where trying to kill me, because so far they have been.  I mistakenly shot the weird acid beetle puppy thing with my rocket launcher because I thought it was going to attack me.  So sorry. 

I'm not sure what they expected from turning a Warframe piloted by a psychotic void demon child loose on their front yard, but it sure as hell shouldn't have been pacifist ecological conservation.  When Fortuna was releasing, the Tenno were told to create a "distraction" on Venus and slaughtered like 7 million Corpus in a single mission node in a few hours.

On 2020-12-03 at 11:49 PM, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You know what's super hilarious about this comment?  I, a console player, am the one that made it.  Yet the solution being put out by you guys probably won't hit consoles until we get whatever super delayed patch we're going to get, probably at the end of January next year.  You know...  When this god forsaken NW series is supposed to end and we'll be free from "HOLD UP" every 5 seconds anyway.  

at the very least it'll help for the next Season, where the exact same problem would be happening again too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-12-04 at 10:46 PM, OricSharp said:

FYI, your device is insufficient.

Archived