Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech - most important mods?

Canach

Question

11 answers to this question

EHP mods.

Everything that modifies abilities except range since all abilities that are affected by it are worthless.

Jump height.

Melee attack speed for faster slam landings. Ignore the rest of melee-related mods, they only affect that useless left arm.

You can fill the rest of the slots with engine-related mods (capacity, efficiency).

30 minutes ago, Xaero said:

EHP mods.

Everything that modifies abilities except range since all abilities that are affected by it are worthless.

Jump height.

Melee attack speed for faster slam landings. Ignore the rest of melee-related mods, they only affect that useless left arm.

You can fill the rest of the slots with engine-related mods (capacity, efficiency).

Kind of a bummer the melee related mods do nothing for Bonewidow? Especially melee attack speed. The only mod she can use for that is the arch melee attack speed mod, which is a laughable 10% on max rank

Sounds depressing - so melee is broken is it?  To bad they don't use ArchMelee weapons...

8 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Kind of a bummer the melee related mods do nothing for Bonewidow? Especially melee attack speed. The only mod she can use for that is the arch melee attack speed mod, which is a laughable 10% on max rank

To be clear, I'm starting with a VoidRig - I wasn't convinced Bonewidow would be better and knew I would build her eventually anyway...

Right now I'm using the Ayanga for the gun, BTW, which seems to do really well... Are the new guns better?

24 minutes ago, MistressMoonpaw said:

Yeah, guess they wanted Ironbride to be slow no matter what.

Intensify and Flow can be bought in Necralisk and are essential. With Flow you have bit more of an energy buffer, which is important for Guard Mode.

Vitality and Redirection are also important for HP and buffer. Same with Steel Fiber.

Continuity is also important for your Guard Mode. Streamline is overall very good but not easy to get since it is a rare T3 vault bounty reward.

I also like to use Necramech Hydraulics for a higher jump range and Necramech Drift for more duration on hover.

• EHP, ofcourse.
    • how you don't die
  • Slide Speed/Efficiency
    • how you cross Terrain fast
  • Ability Strength/Efficiency
    • self explanatory
  • Engine Replenish/Efficiency
    • lets you do all of the movement stuff more often
  • Melee Attack Speed
    • the Ground Smash counts as Melee, so you'll spend less time recovering

you might desire higher Jumps, or not. double edged sword in a way.
Energy Capacity may be desirable. depends on your Playstyle(i.e. how often you use Abilities)
Ability Duration is optional for Voidrig(reduced Energy Drain for Turret), fuq if i know for Bonewidow, maybe it reduces the Energy Drain of the Sword if it has one, maybe it makes the Sweep Field wider, maybe it does something useful for the Shield.

1 hour ago, Canach said:

Are the new guns better?

as kinda.... generic as it is, it's really hard to beat Mausolon in terms of performance. high Damage Hybrid Machine Gun with AoE, and a Sniper/Power Shot that outdamages Velocitus, plus has a large AoE, to give you some long Range Damage and to oneshot basically anything.

Ayanga outperforms Morghas' Primary Fire pretty well, but the Mortar does give you the option to oneshot most things in a huge area.
Cortege is a DoT stacker, so a very sleeper Weapon for most. the Cluster Grenades can out Damage Morghas' Mortar, though in a very small area.

On 2020-11-26 at 7:48 AM, Xaero said:

On 2020-11-26 at 9:30 AM, taiiat said:

Melee Attack Speed

• the Ground Smash counts as Melee, so you'll spend less time recovering

You can do a charge to cancel the ground slam recovery animation instead of slotting Necramech Fury. If it's for Voidrig, be sure to jump during the charge to ignore the charging recovery animation on the ground. If it's Bonewidow, you can have the Shield Maiden active to ignore the recovery animation while on the ground entirely.

On 2020-11-26 at 8:26 AM, Canach said:

Right now I'm using the Ayanga for the gun, BTW, which seems to do really well... Are the new guns better?

Better, no, but still good. Their alt-fire attacks are amazing even though they have a really annoying cooldown mechanic (Cortege in particular has a whopping 4.5 second cooldown between shooting the alt-fire and doing anything else). And their normal fire isn't all that bad either

59 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

You can do a charge to cancel the ground slam recovery animation instead of slotting Necramech Fury.

you know, now that you mention it, i think i've been usually doing that anyways instead of waiting for the Recovery either way.
baited myself

From personal experience, I'd say try getting Necramech Thrusters. Before the Arcana update, I collected about 250+ scintillants trying to farm this mod and it just never dropped. I recently got it from the T1 Arcana.  I'm not sure whether it's "important". It's a good mod, I like it, and I use it on my mech. But I think you can get away without it.

Archived