Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rail jack, fix it first, content after

(XBOX)Psycop4thicJake

So I have been playing rail jack again first time in a while, last I left off I had I think 7797 on my intrinsics and with the affinity booster I thought I'd go try farm, now I have done a good 10 runs and there's some  things that still bug me, one is the game freezing at the end as you leave the area to dojo, and not getting reward, and other things that mainly irritate me is the way the game mechanics are altered. 

For example, if I want to gain xp efficiently on my own for weapons and now with the helminth system on some frames, I use equinox sleep ability, so exterminate on sedna and keep the stealth kill multiplier going to level my gear up. 

When I try do this on rail jack, whether it's on crew ships, galleons, or asteroid bases, whether I sleep the room or enter invisible with ivara or loki, enemies are always alert, meaning you can't make use of the stealth multiplier and making stealth gameplay kinda pointless, there's just no need to make it that way. 

Also, why do enemies in rail jack have more armour and health than they would in other modes at that level? Why not just make their level represent their health and armour like normal? Makes putting level on enemies pointless, it is OK on steel path because it tells you that enemies are buffed but rj doesn't, and I don't often get to play with my friends who haven't played as much as me but because of these differences in game mechanics they struggle and get confused 

It worries me because they want to bring an update to railjack but things need fixing first because I am kinda getting sick of it, I don't have as much time to play anymore and nothing is getting sorted on this game, and after the thousands of hours and hundreds that I've spent in the game I don't know if I should carry on investing in the game since it looks like it's down hill to me 

So much potential still in thsi game :(

Release New content broken and unfinished, get negative reaction, fix the major bugs, leave that update and start a new one , Repeat

I mean it's kinda obvious, even though RJ will still get updates EVENTUALLY, can the same be said about raids? how about solar rails? how about kuva liches? will the new Queen Pin be good? and if so when will they make kuva ones like it? these are all questions

And the only answer we have is that the mentioned process will repeat!

20 minutes ago, Ryuujou. said:

literally the only new content railjack has got since its release has been half of scarlet spear, everything else has been bug fixes and balance changes. when does it stop being too soon to release new content for it when it's just been being fixed for the entire year since it came out?

This. It annoyed me at first, but I gradually accepted what was happening, while also Hoping it wouldn't go Abandoned-Content on us.

It does occur to me to wonder why they made Railjack ground units so unbelievably jacked. It's not as bad now as it used to be—when RJ first came out, any frame without damage immunity or total CC would get one-shotted instantly. But RJ ground units are still probably the toughest mobs outside of Steel Path and I'm not really sure why.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Psycop4thicJake said:

For example, if I want to gain xp efficiently on my own for weapons and now with the helminth system on some frames, I use equinox sleep ability, so exterminate on sedna and keep the stealth kill multiplier going to level my gear up. 

When I try do this on rail jack, whether it's on crew ships, galleons, or asteroid bases, whether I sleep the room or enter invisible with ivara or loki, enemies are always alert, meaning you can't make use of the stealth multiplier and making stealth gameplay kinda pointless, there's just no need to make it that way. 

I may be wrong but I think this was changed to stop people doing this for fast Intrinsics and completing your Intrinsic trees too fast. When RJ launched I know someone who did this exact thing and finished his Intrinsics in a couple of days.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Psycop4thicJake said:

Also, why do enemies in rail jack have more armour and health than they would in other modes at that level? Why not just make their level represent their health and armour like normal? Makes putting level on enemies pointless, it is OK on steel path because it tells you that enemies are buffed but rj doesn't, and I don't often get to play with my friends who haven't played as much as me but because of these differences in game mechanics they struggle and get confused 

This was answered by DE somewhere (Twitter I think?). Because there is so much more going on in RJ missions compared to normal ones they can't throw hordes at you, It would kill toasters. They had to jack them up to keep the smaller number of enemies a challenge.

21 hours ago, (XBOX)Psycop4thicJake said:

When I try do this on rail jack, whether it's on crew ships, galleons, or asteroid bases, whether I sleep the room or enter invisible with ivara or loki, enemies are always alert

Yes, I expect they are - after all, they're either a boarding party or have just had their base assaulted by a railjack and have scrambled fighters and crewships - every railjack mission is "with alarms ringing". Its not like most missions where you quietly turn up and find these guys wandering about thinking of what they'll have to lunch.

There are still bugs. Balance is still all over the place. Enemies oneshotting non-tanky frames while Railjack is completely unkillable. UI is still clunky, both in mission and config menu. Avionics icons are especially bad. Idiotic wreckage capacity makes no sense. Resource economy is still broken with any duplicate drops having zero value because of how abundant Dirac is. Plus resource bloat that needs to be trimmed. Weapons balance is still bad. We went from everything except Cryophon being trash to everything except Carcinnox being trash. Special "space" damage trypes should not exist. There are some issues with enemy spawns like extra crewships.

Yep, RJ needs lots of fixes.

Sorry if this is dumb but do you only reply on here using quotes? (new to using this site) 

On 2021-01-01 at 8:44 AM, Shalath said:

I may be wrong but I think this was changed to stop people doing this for fast Intrinsics and completing your Intrinsic trees too fast. When RJ launched I know someone who did this exact thing and finished his Intrinsics in a couple of days.

This was answered by DE somewhere (Twitter I think?). Because there is so much more going on in RJ missions compared to normal ones they can't throw hordes at you, It would kill toasters. They had to jack them up to keep the smaller number of enemies a challenge.

And I get what you are saying but I think it's unreasanble, would be like saying oh people are leveling weapons and frames up too fast so we're reducing the amount of xp earned from stealth it just seems a bit silly imo especially since intrinsic points required become exponentially more per level, like now, I have a 4x boost in affinity with the event boost and my own booster, and at the most I get around 30 intrinsics average if I do gian point in the veil which takes me about 10 to 15 minutes at the most since I pick up some mats etc after killing everything, that's about 120 an hour with a 4x boost, so I'd have to do about 4 and a half hours of that mission just for the last rank of 1 intrinsic skill tree, would be 4 x longer without, I'd do it with friends but they barely play anymore cause they got fed up, all it does is limit other players who don't play them game for 8 hours a day with other people 

Also I still think its pointless with enemies being jacked up, if they a subvariant of that unit then fair enough but if I'm boarding a crew ship or asteroid base I'm still having to take time to kill them anyway but even then I could just ignore enemies entirely making their armour buff even more pointless, walk in crew ship, blow up reactor, walk in base, hack console, destroy radiator, repeat, all with out killing them, just limits the options that other players have

That's my thoughts anyway, thanks for the replies 

Archived