Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

210 days since Baro Ki'Teer last included the 3 Day Affinity Booster in his inventory...

N64Gamefreak

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

There's been a 2x affinity boost since before Christmas. 

1 hour ago, Hobie-wan said:

We've also got the super long booster that came with the event right now that didn't cost you any in game resources at all.

I don't understand how these correlate with the fact that it has been 7 months since Baro last brought affinity boosters. The regular boosters also stack with the event booster, so it would be pretty neat to have those from Baro more often.

38 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

I don't understand how these correlate with the fact that it has been 7 months since Baro last brought affinity boosters. The regular boosters also stack with the event booster, so it would be pretty neat to have those from Baro more often.

Don't forget DE also sell boosters and make money from that, which is completely fine since one can play the game for free. Considering there are ways to get boosters quite often, not just from Baro, the OP comes off as greedy.

On 2021-01-01 at 6:46 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Don't forget DE also sell boosters and make money from that, which is completely fine since one can play the game for free. Considering there are ways to get boosters quite often, not just from Baro, the OP comes off as greedy.

Plenty of assumptions going on around here.

As we've learned in the past, DE actually have nearly 0 control over what goes into the various rotational shops. They set up an inventory and spin the wheel on which items get shown each week/month/day/whatever. There have been complaints about previous shops where a new item didn't appear at all for over a month. The Xaku alt helmet has yet to show up in Nightwave's Cred Store. Complaining about statistical anomalies will very rarely get any attention from the devs.

54 minutes ago, N64Gamefreak said:

His assumptions are accurate. His conclusion and personal remark about you however, is speculative.

Nevertheless, I see it as a positive that there is no affinity booster at the present. The reason is that it would be worthless; this is opinion. You wouldn't get its effect immediately, this is incontrovertible fact. As has been indicated above it would not take effect until after the event booster wore off. It will be better received by the majority, I venture to guess, if Baro brings one later, not necessarily on his next appearance. But, this is all that you are asking for isn't it? I do not see that as greedy.

In any case, you specifically addressed DE, and not me, or the community. So ... best wishes and all!

21 hours ago, N64Gamefreak said:

No assumptions were made in my post.

Don't forget DE also sell boosters and make money from that

Fact

which is completely fine since one can play the game for free

Opinion, but WF is definitely more fair with its monetization than most F2P games. If there was no monetization, there would be no game. So opinion with many facts backing it up.

Considering there are ways to get boosters quite often, not just from Baro

What qualifies as "quite often" varies from person to person, but boosters do have multiple sources which do not cost platinum. Events, login rewards, sorties, rare caches, and it is very easy (at least on PC) to pop into a relay and get a blessing if you ask nicely or wait around for a few minutes while shooting the breeze in region chat. So qualified fact.

the OP comes off as greedy.

Opinion. But I am clearly not the only person that holds this opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

3 Day Affinity Booster is once again absent from Baro's inventory, meaning the drought will extend to at least 238 days: the previous longest drought was 196 days.  And yes, I do buy boosters from the market with platinum when the Baro-bought boosters run out, but it's frustrating when a big ducat sink is absent for this long.

• 2 weeks later...

Baro's got them this weekend on PC.

On 2021-01-01 at 5:04 PM, Wyrmius_Prime said:
On 2021-01-01 at 3:53 PM, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

There's been a 2x affinity boost since before Christmas. 

On 2021-01-01 at 3:37 PM, Hobie-wan said:

We've also got the super long booster that came with the event right now that didn't cost you any in game resources at all.

I don't understand how these correlate with the fact that it has been 7 months since Baro last brought affinity boosters.

Truth.  Exhibit A: The global affinity booster happening right now.

On 2021-01-02 at 12:35 AM, Rawbeard said:

use the parts you'd turn to ducats and sell them for plat, buy booster from market.

while true, if you aren't into market trading because you are dead tired participating in "riven offer screaming/spamming channel" then this method fails.

4 hours ago, deothor said:

while true, if you aren't into market trading because you are dead tired participating in "riven offer screaming/spamming channel" then this method fails.

people still use that channel? wow. why? just use some external site, there is more than one as far as I know. if you can figure out how long Baro didn't bring a thing, you can find a trading site.

Archived