Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

[DE]Megan

Just now, Radu10 said:

Also what about sentients spawns, I oneshot them but orphix will generate another wave like 5/6 each time I kill some, how many they can be spawned in a minute and 20 seconds?

They spawn as fast as you can kill them. There is 0 downtime between spawns. That's why recognizing which tiles are best, what LoS you should be doing for your role, and just not making mistakes, is so important.

1 minute ago, Radu10 said:

The video you posted is useless to me...

only useful to get 36/38k score maybe

The run posted was a bad 36k run, with clear, obvious mistakes that cost them. That run should have been minimum 38k. 40k was very realistic possibility on the run if they didn't make mistakes.

4 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Keep going. There's still a lot of scores above the hardcapped 21000-or-so that you designed the mission into. Every point above let's say 22,000 should be considered as increasing proof of critical design failure on your part. You should not score higher by doing worse at the actual mission goal.

Plus I doubt a minimum of 10,000 additional Sentient kills in 60 minutes (plus 2 per 3 seconds of no-Orphix downtime) to go 30,000 over the efficient Orphix kill cap can be considered legitimate. Something stinks.

You know you can score 22,500 even if you rush kill every single Orphix as fast as possible, right?

4 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

since you ask for proof so often may we see your proof on that statement?

Wish i screenshotted the chat...

The guy named -SNIPE- told me that. If his ban is not that long I will try talk about that exploited run and give you proofs

unknown.png

5 minutes ago, Aznvasions said:

The run posted was a bad 36k run, with clear, obvious mistakes that cost them. That run should have been minimum 38k. 40k was very realistic possibility on the run if they didn't make mistakes.

Yall say that it can be far better, but people should just trust your words on that

vor 1 Minute schrieb Radu10:

Wish i screenshotted the chat...

The guy named -SNIPE- told me that. If his ban is not that long I will try talk about that exploited run and give you proofs

unknown.png

that shows absolutely nothing man,it shows you messaged them but NOTHING else..... 

2 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

that shows absolutely nothing man,it shows you messaged them but NOTHING else..... 

Yeah, just before it got banned, you can clearly see you can't even open the profile now, unless it got unbanned already

Like I said i will do my best give you enough info, I wonder what will you do say tight after i did it...

No rushing them will barely make you reach 20k, did many runs solo just to test it...

exactly,you were solo,solo you cant do scores 4 people achieve .... I mean if 4 people in the squad focus on killing the same orphix  that only TELLS me WHY you think 40k+ scores are impossible

Gerade eben schrieb Radu10:

Yeah, just before it got banned, you can clearly see you can't even open the profile now, unless it got unbanned already

they got banned yes so what? thats no proof of your statement

Just now, Radu10 said:

Yall say that it can be far better, but people should just trust your words on that

I've watched the video in entirety to see if I can glean things from it to make my team runs better. It is not up to me to breakdown the entire run for other people. So yes, I will claim the run was bad, the runner even told me it was bad and "cringed" on posting it. But I'm not gonna do a play by play breakdown for other people. Half the work is already done, by having a reference 36k run available. It's up to everybody else to figure out why they did what they did, and how the run can be improved, and where the mistakes were.

1 minute ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

exactly,you were solo,solo you cant do scores 4 people achieve .... I mean if 4 people in the squad focus on killing the same orphix  that only TELLS me WHY you think 40k+ scores are impossible

*also in solo, in multiplayer the average is between 20k and 21k

3 minutes ago, Radu10 said:

No rushing them will barely make you reach 20k, did many runs solo just to test it...

Did you ever consider that a 4-player team that knows where possible reso's can spawn, can just camp in the area and instantly clear that phase in ~1-2s. And have another person to instantly take out the 50% segment of orphix ~2-3s after last reso is destroyed? There are 36 orphixes, with 2 phases for each. So you have to cycle pylons and orphix hp 72 times. The gap between 4-man and solo is massive, even on just rushing orphix kill. Also, it's 2 pt/s passively when all orphixes are down, not 2pt per 3s.

Gerade eben schrieb Radu10:

*also in solo, in multiplayer the average is between 20k and 21k

i have seen public squads with random people doing more than 25k mate , with literally 4 people,no  communication and who knows what kind of builds

Just now, Aznvasions said:

Did you ever consider that a 4-player team that knows where possible reso's can spawn, can just camp in the area and instantly clear that phase in ~1-2s. And have another person to instantly take out the 50% segment of orphix ~2-3s after last reso is destroyed? There are 36 orphixes, with 2 phases for each. So you have to cycle pylons and orphix hp 72 times. The gap between 4-man and solo is massive, even on just rushing orphix kill. Also, it's 2 pt/s passively when all orphixes are down, not 2pt per 3s.

You said "You know you can score 22,500 even if you rush kill every single Orphix as fast as possible, right?", what are you saying now is different than rush, also in that 20-21k average runs i also took some time each orphix killing 10/20 sentients...

Just now, Aznvasions said:

You know you can score 22,500 even if you rush kill every single Orphix as fast as possible, right?

My most perfect run squeezed just over the 21k mark, and that's with Fluctus resonator kills, no pause to fight other things and spawn-prediction for every Orphix drop. There's only a possible 6600 in no-Orphix score tick, so it's vanishingly unlikely I lost almost an entire quarter of that potential time.

Your multiplayer runs are just causing more incidental collateral-damage kills.

1 minute ago, Aznvasions said:

Also, it's 2 pt/s passively when all orphixes are down, not 2pt per 3s.

I said plus 2 kills per 3 seconds. As in, 6 points in 3 seconds, to equate to the tick of 2/sec.

Not that all sentients are worth 3 points, but I was being generous.

4 minutes ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

they got banned yes so what? thats no proof of your statement

I cannot chat again to give you the proofs, unless i find him online somewhere else.

I really wanna let you see, what i know about this

You said "You know you can score 22,500 even if you rush kill every single Orphix as fast as possible, right?", what are you saying now is different than rush, also in that 20-21k average runs i also took some time each orphix killing 10/20 sentients...

By rushing he means 4 people quickly kill pylons then 2 people kill sentients while 2 people kill the orphix,that gives you easily 22500

Just now, Radu10 said:

The passive score gain is 2 pt/s. You do not automatically gain more pts than killing Orphix immediately by killing sentients. Every second spent not killing the Orphix is a passive 2 points lost. You have to gain more points killing sentients than you would passively gain by killing Orphix, to make it worth it.

Fodder sentients are 1pt. Armored sentients are 2 pt. You get 2 pt/s if no Orphix is alive. So you have to kill 1 armored sentient/s to match the pace of instantly killing the Orphix. You have to kill faster, to outpace passive scoring and make it worth dragging the Orphix out.

Solo has less resonators, cool. But it also spawns less enemies, meaning there are less Sentients to kill per wave at once, meaning less sentient kills possible per second. Also because you are one person, and not 4, you have 4x less firepower, meaning killing less sentients. So your killing potential for points is hardcapped at being 4x less no matter what, because you have 1/4 the firepower and 1/4 the spawns. On the other hand, you still get 2 pt/s solo when all Orphixes are down.

Tl;dr point gain for killing sentients dynamically scales with squad size, due to more spawns and more people to kill said spawns. passive point gain from all orphixes down does not scale with squad size. It is better to rush Orphixes solo, unless you are extremely familiar with all the spawns. There are people on reddit that have done 25k solos. Someone pulled off a 29k solo and explained his strat last week too. I no longer have the link but I'm sure you can find it if you dig.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb TheLexiConArtist:

My most perfect run squeezed just over the 21k mark, and that's with Fluctus resonator kills, no pause to fight other things and spawn-prediction for every Orphix drop. There's only a possible 6600 in no-Orphix score tick, so it's vanishingly unlikely I lost almost an entire quarter of that potential time.

I said plus 2 kills per 3 seconds. As in, 6 points in 3 seconds, to equate to the tick of 2/sec.

if your most perfect run squeezed just over 21k that means you either dont know how to squeeze out more sentient kills or you badly executed it, the strat and PROOF was linked as an ENTIRE video multiple times  

1 minute ago, --Q--FSK41 said:

By rushing he means 4 people quickly kill pylons then 2 people kill sentients while 2 people kill the orphix,that gives you easily 22500

Yeah that might be possible, but probably always got one player that just randomly played with no maxed mods or such. I agree on this one

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Radu10:

I cannot chat again to give you the proofs, unless i find him online somewhere else.

I really wanna let you see, what i know about this

Lets assume for a second they did it,they are (like you nicely said) banned,that shows you what ? exactly,that they got punished for it

4 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I literally carried a pub run to 21500 yesterday when I was waiting for my main team to log on.

Archived