Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orphix Venom: Hotfix 29.6.4

[DE]Megan

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ option now lets you control the setting for each valid Warframe.

• Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!

Thank you.

Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!

Wonderful!!

Would still like a slider to set how long I need to "Hold", or dedicated keybinds to separate the tap/hold entirely, but I greatly appreciate that this is getting attention.

Edit: Saw another suggestion to replace "hold" with a button combination tree. For example, The Lost -> Gaze might have you tap 3 -> 2, or The Lost -> Accuse would have you tap 3 -> 1, and 3 -> 3 for Deny.

Over the course of the Holiday break, the team continued to track and fix Operation exploits. Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate. 

Still wondering how people are managing like 27k points just from sentient kills alone.

23 hours ago, Malakai111 said:

Still wondering how people are managing like 27k points just from sentient kills alone.

by killing 13.500 sentients in  ~~ 1 hour

23 hours ago, Proscriptor said:

@Sharkgoblin

sentient are low-level and you can steamroll them with well-modded archguns despite their resistances

u cannot expect people to have fully leveled and modded things mate

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Aznvasions:

How would a clan even determine if someone exploited? Seeing as the only people with access to data to concretely determine whether a run was exploited is DE. Members of a clan have no obligation to explain how they did said run. There is no reason why a clan should have such ruleset either that requires a runner to divulge their strats. A clan will not know a member exploited, unless a member willingly shares it. So a clan that chooses to take action, will not have any action to take, because any exploiter with a braincell in said clan would not divulge any information outside of their circle.

The only reason scores get wiped to start with is because DE has the tools to determine whether the score should be wiped or not. No one else has those tools, and no one ever will. All you can get as a clan is a confession from guilty parties involved, which if there are consequences, will obviously never happen. Every single game is like this. No one ever admits anything if there is something to be lost.

Well if someone's scores get purged mid event, that's a pretty clear indicator by DE that they consider the run invalid. If that happens that should be immediate grounds for getting kicked in a competitive clan. Reviewing the clan has to happen after the event.

Numerous Warframes Abilities new and old have been given the ‘Tap/Hold’ functionality to do varying actions. Feedback showed that having the option to Invert the ‘Tap/Hold’ across the board to all valid Warframes was not ideal, as some Ability default functionalities are preferred. Upon selecting the ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ in the Options menu, you'll be met with a new screen allowing you to pick and choose which valid Warframes this applies to!

Thank you!

I feel like with the addition of Lavos, this whole tap-hold thing is starting to "become a thing" more and more.

While I welcome the QoL changes to the individual tap-hold option, it just feels like it is just going to create more and more messy problems and unnecessary clutter or bloating in the long run.

Why not just rework the action bar into a mod system with fixed rank mods - similar to the stance mods of exalted weapons. Make every ability variation and augment an individual mod and let me choose what abilities and their variations/augments to run on my skill bar?

Come to think of it it is not too unlike the Parazon interface where we can pick the order of abilities (requiem mods) as well as what abilities to equip (hacking mods) It also (partially) exists within the Helminth system, I feel DE can take some ideas and create an action bar feature from these two systems. Bottom line it would feel better than the tap hold thing we have I think.

Right now, a large portion of warframes have this "feel" to them where 2-3 out of the 4 abilities don't see much use or don't have synergy at all with a particular build I run, and at the same time I have to either tap or hold to cycle the remaining abilities dozens of times.

EDIT:

To clarify I don't mean to make all abilities available for all warframes like the Helminth of course. I want abilities to take the form of frame specific augments. I guess the simplest way to explain it would be to create a mod system for the action bar where we have more freedom in creating our own ability "loadouts".

• Over the course of the Holiday break, the team continued to track and fix Operation exploits. Any scores that were determined to be achieved with these exploits have been (and will continue to be) removed from the Leaderboards, and temporary or full suspensions have been issued where appropriate. 

I'm calling you out on this. Any score over 30k (maybe even 25k) should be invalidated, unless we get proof that it's possible to achieve score that high without exploits.

28 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Well if someone's scores get purged mid event, that's a pretty clear indicator by DE that they consider the run invalid. If that happens that should be immediate grounds for getting kicked in a competitive clan. Reviewing the clan has to happen after the event.

You do realize that in this event so far, getting your score purged has an extremely high chance that you got banned right? So far there are only 2 people from the original list of 50k+ that have received confirmed temp bans. Rest of the other people are currently all sitting on 2035.

9 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

I'm calling you out on this. Any score over 30k (maybe even 25k) should be invalidated, unless we get proof that it's possible to achieve score that high without exploits.

You might want to check page 7 of this thread mate...

Disclaimer: I don't usually reply to people, this solely for the hopes that someone, somewhere at DE will see enough of these posts and do something about it. It's not to argue with another player about. 

Not sure why I expected you to care, again, about player feedback. The time vs reward for this even has been absolute garbage. Why don't you care that you're backsliding? That hurts those of us who stick by you, on an emotional level. Always more concerned about how long something takes instead of how enjoyable it is. But you just don't care about the latter anymore do you? 

Went from platinum with a big card on Steam's top grossing games last year to end of the deck in gold this year. That should tell you something. Your spenders, much like yourselves, are losing interest. It's time to start listening to the community and fixing the broken things like affinity gain, riven rolling, phenomenal amounts of bugs, melee 3.0, and most importantly the Warframes of Warframe. I look at Lavos' survivability and then look at Valkyr and it's just mind blowing. Not only is Valkyr's health pool far too low but her entire existence is useless since you gave her one thing to every other frame. Even better, I look at Banshee's Health/Shield lol. 520 of each with Primed Vigor. She has no armor, and no damage reduction, crap energy pool... Helminth still isn't even enough to make a lot of the frames usable. But all you care about is the next thing you can make money off of.

If you put the time into things like affinity gain, so people weren't awarded for standing around doing nothing (something you're really fond of, for some reason) and lower the grind now and forever on everything you do people will want to play. I've barely touched this event because it's a joke. It doesn't even make sense, btw. Nullifiers, Eximus, Energy Leeches... they all affect Necramechs lol. HOW? That is such poor design; we can't pop an energy pad on them. We can't heal. We can't do something as simple as change direction without a massive delay. And to top it all off, the reward for dealing with the janky and the nullifiers and the eximus units and the incredibly overpowered sentients is being able to buy one entire Arcane Energize after like.... 12 hours of non stop running the event? What is even wrong with whoever gets to decide this? The *only* reason you saw play time from me over the last couple weeks was because I could actually level the atrocious "needs 5 forma and 6 levels and 4 hours" items at a somewhat reasonable rate. Which, for the very first time, was actually worth it because Mechs have so many slots. Ideally, though, they'd just have more ranks for the same amount of work as other things. Without needing to literally spend 6 days waiting for forma to build per Rank 40 item. 

Anyhow, not sure why I bother anymore. I just expect everything you release to require about x3 the amount of time you should, to be buggy and broken beyond reason for months, and for me to waste my breath hoping you'll change. Maybe it's me who needs a change. Stop buying the top tier of every prime access since 2017, stop spending money on Tennogen for every single frame, etc. There was a time I could argue that you deserved it. Back when it at least seemed like you cared. Right now, all I see is "look at player engagement Mr. Investor & Mrs. Threequarter."

12 minutes ago, I.V.A.R.A said:

Disclaimer: I don't usually reply to people, this solely for the hopes that someone, somewhere at DE will see enough of these posts and do something about it. It's not to argue with another player about. 

Not sure why I expected you to care, again, about player feedback. The time vs reward for this even has been absolute garbage. Why don't you care that you're backsliding? That hurts those of us who stick by you, on an emotional level. Always more concerned about how long something takes instead of how enjoyable it is. But you just don't care about the latter anymore do you? 

Went from platinum with a big card on Steam's top grossing games last year to end of the deck in gold this year. That should tell you something. Your spenders, much like yourselves, are losing interest. It's time to start listening to the community and fixing the broken things like affinity gain, riven rolling, phenomenal amounts of bugs, melee 3.0, and most importantly the Warframes of Warframe. I look at Lavos' survivability and then look at Valkyr and it's just mind blowing. Not only is Valkyr's health pool far too low but her entire existence is useless since you gave her one thing to every other frame. Even better, I look at Banshee's Health/Shield lol. 520 of each with Primed Vigor. She has no armor, and no damage reduction, crap energy pool... Helminth still isn't even enough to make a lot of the frames usable. But all you care about is the next thing you can make money off of.

If you put the time into things like affinity gain, so people weren't awarded for standing around doing nothing (something you're really fond of, for some reason) and lower the grind now and forever on everything you do people will want to play. I've barely touched this event because it's a joke. It doesn't even make sense, btw. Nullifiers, Eximus, Energy Leeches... they all affect Necramechs lol. HOW? That is such poor design; we can't pop an energy pad on them. We can't heal. We can't do something as simple as change direction without a massive delay. And to top it all off, the reward for dealing with the janky and the nullifiers and the eximus units and the incredibly overpowered sentients is being able to buy one entire Arcane Energize after like.... 12 hours of non stop running the event? What is even wrong with whoever gets to decide this? The *only* reason you saw play time from me over the last couple weeks was because I could actually level the atrocious "needs 5 forma and 6 levels and 4 hours" items at a somewhat reasonable rate. Which, for the very first time, was actually worth it because Mechs have so many slots. Ideally, though, they'd just have more ranks for the same amount of work as other things. Without needing to literally spend 6 days waiting for forma to build per Rank 40 item. 

Anyhow, not sure why I bother anymore. I just expect everything you release to require about x3 the amount of time you should, to be buggy and broken beyond reason for months, and for me to waste my breath hoping you'll change. Maybe it's me who needs a change. Stop buying the top tier of every prime access since 2017, stop spending money on Tennogen for every single frame, etc. There was a time I could argue that you deserved it. Back when it at least seemed like you cared. Right now, all I see is "look at player engagement Mr. Investor & Mrs. Threequarter."

The one correction I would make to this, is no, you can very very reliably farm one R5 energize every 5 hours from this event. But that would require you to find 3 like-minded players that have the gear and willingness to do so. It would be up to you to find them. 5 hours, for something that will be forever useful for any frame and content released in the future of warframe, can be freely moved and switched to any other warframe, can be used on multiple warframes at once. Did you think of how overpowered this is? It's not your Ammo Drum, it's not even Condition Overload. They are hard to get for a reason. Even if it takes you 12 hours, that is why the event is this long. If you can't find a way to spend 12h on the event across 28 days, for one of the most overpowered things in the game, then I don't know what to tell you. You are fighting the wrong battle.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, DE realized that the arcane gain rate from Scarlet Spear was, gasp, too fast? To be logical, there was absolutely no reason for Scarlet Spear to be that rewarding. It was the most rewarding event in the full history of warframe, by a mile. And yet people still complained about the event. Maybe, idk, DE's intentions are for you to farm the even to have arcanes for yourself...and idk, try to discourage people from farming the event to stockpile hundreds to thousands of them to price gouge other players that couldn't do the event, 6 months down the road?

Yes the bugs in the event suck. Necramechs suck. The event design mechanics are sub par. The interactivity with community has been subpar and features have been out of touch. But the grind of the event itself? No, it has been very reasonable. Don't lump it in with all the other poor decision DE has made. People are fine with grinding out a Prime frame to sell, which normally takes ~2h. And it's worth 200p. Yet people aren't ok spending 12h for an item that currently sells for 700 during the event, and easily back up to 1200-1500 when the event ends. 2h for 200p. 12h for 1200-1500p. And remember that it only actually takes 5h if you're farming these things properly.

Note that if even a single player is equipped properly for the event, not needing a full 4 man squad. Just 1 person in a pub run; you can consistently get an R5 energize in 6-7.5 hours.

• ‘Invert Tap/Hold Abilities’ option now lets you control the setting for each valid Warframe.

Thank you!

Small QoL update but I see inverted as essential on some frames (e.g. Khora) but ruins the flow on others (e.g. Mag). Was wanting this as a fix but didn't know it was on anyones radar!

hace 2 horas, Leon_Von_Comarre dijo:

They removed Universal Medallions giving Conclave rep because of one person complaining on twitter, so it wouldn't be the first time they did something unreasonable that affected everyone else.

They didn't remove anything, the UI to redeem universal medallions was never enabled in conclave to begin with. Also, PvE purists have been so against conclave getting any sort of update that it only makes sense for DE to not cater to them at least on this matter.

Can't you people just stop spreading misinformation already?

really nice with the custom tap/hold inversion! Love it! Thank you so much.

I guess there isn't much hope this late into the operation, but would you please rebalance the phasic cell costs on the arcanes? it is SEVEN TIMES worse than scarlet spear, in terms of time investment for arcanes...

Still slightly beats the pure stupid RNG of eidolons...but still.. please?

7 minutes ago, DragoonStorm1 said:

really nice with the custom tap/hold inversion! Love it! Thank you so much.

I guess there isn't much hope this late into the operation, but would you please rebalance the phasic cell costs on the arcanes? it is SEVEN TIMES worse than scarlet spear, in terms of time investment for arcanes...

Still slightly beats the pure stupid RNG of eidolons...but still.. please?

It is 3 times worse, not 7. And that hinges on you getting relay bonus every single time you do a run on SS for that 3h period. And it's only 3x worse if you do the absolute bare minimum on OV to clear the mission. If you fail to get relay bonus successfully 100% of the time in that 3h period (let's be real, it was basically impossible to get relay bonus every run. At most, 2/3 to 3/4 of your runs would get relay bonus, and the remaining runs for that cycle would fail to get bonus), and you do more than the absolute minimum required for an OV 36 run, then it's barely 2x slower than SS.

It is still 7.5x faster than eidolons when doing the bare minimum OV clear. If you farm it efficiently, it's 10-12x faster than eidolons. I wouldn't call that "slightly beats"

Archived